ADVERTISEMENT

Off topic: Back from SilverSea Euro Cruise

lz

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2002
This isn’t about me, Chase and others requested some info on it, but I went in and came out with a 3 week old contused knee that slowed me a bit, high maintenance for wife and people around me, I didn’t like that feeling. However, I am healing, this cruise was 90% older people, saw one lady coming out of a shop fall ass-over-teakettle during a Scotland excursion, probably returned home after hurting her wrist.
We cruised England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland, but free and pay excursions were particularly fun, considering high temps over-there in May were low 60s. Highlights for me was hearing history/seeing a couple of old castles and famous battles nearby, viewing some ruins still left as memories of the terrible WWII bombings of churches, etc, by Germany, the surprising beauty/cleanliness/fresh look of all structures/farmlands in Wales, the many windmills all across Europe on farm land and on platforms in the waters of the English Channel. Winchester is a fabulous city to visit about an hour south of London and not just the Cathedral, a relaxing, flowing narrow river runs through the city, Jane Austen and others’ famous old homes are located there, as well as many great shops, restaurants, pubs and relaxing benches.
The best news I learned for you future cruisers is about Alaska, literally 100% of people who’ve been there loved their Alaskan cruises, flying further north up there really gets you into wild, unbelievable scenery and wildlife realism up close.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News