ADVERTISEMENT

Of course: Lloyd Tubman might be playing for UL this fall

Now that you are in a division with FSU & Clemson come tell us the next time you play in something other than a "Banjo" bowl as you all use to call it...

I've actually never called it the "Banjo Bowl," but if UofL does make another big time bowl one day, I'll send you a PM and let you know. Normally you'd see it on ESPN, but I doubt they cover irrelevant teams.

I've actually never called it the "Banjo Bowl," but if UofL does make another big time bowl one day, I'll send you a PM and let you know. Normally you'd see it on ESPN, but I doubt they cover irrelevant teams.

You going to be busy sending PMs to people who don't know UofL has made it to a bowl that matters. But don't fret too much over it, until Clemson and FSU leave the ACC you won't have to be sending any PMs, even Mark Richt has Louisville's number.

WRONG WRONG WRONG
th

The AD had ZERO input - this was a campus EDUCATION DEPARTMENT action that no one from AD to CMS to EC had any say so with - it was left up to the Student council and it failed their passing TWICE (1st and appeal) and could not be overturned by the AD

Lol. You don't know how stuff works bub. Tom Jurich goes to the Pres and says.... This guy has to play, make this student council trial go away, we have big money on the line. And the Pres can and will do that.
Flor St, bama, Auburn, ole Miss etc do whatever they have to do to keep their GUILTY players eligible, UK can't even keep their non-guilty players. That's a weak AD period.

Reactions: Longtrip
UofL might not have a tradition like UGA's, but it's pretty funny that an "irrelevant" team has 2 BCS bowl wins to UGA's 1 over the last decade.
YOu have 2 BCS wins because not all BCS invites are equal. You took the conference USA/ACC route to a BCS game. Try getting to one in the SEC. Several subpar teams get to BCS games in other conferences. Let's face college football is really the best of the SEC plus 3 or 4 teams from other leagues.

You going to be busy sending PMs to people who don't know UofL has made it to a bowl that matters. But don't fret too much over it, until Clemson and FSU leave the ACC you won't have to be sending any PMs, even Mark Richt has Louisville's number.

Again, nothing of substance to say, just more "irrelevant" smack talk that doesn't prove your initial claim.

YOu have 2 BCS wins because not all BCS invites are equal. You took the conference USA/ACC route to a BCS game. Try getting to one in the SEC. Several subpar teams get to BCS games in other conferences. Let's face college football is really the best of the SEC plus 3 or 4 teams from other leagues.

UofL never made a BCS game from CUSA or the AAC. They were invited to the Orange Bowl and the Sugar Bowl from the Big East. Not that it really matters why UofL was invited, considering they won both games. One of those wins even came against a "mighty" SEC team ranked #3 in the country.

I've never really understood the whole "Team X is irrelevant nationally" as some sort of put down. I cheer for my team because I like them, not because the nation does. It kind of doesn't really make a difference to me.

Honestly, the only time any team is "relevant" in any given year is if their team is really good. Otherwise, no one really cares about them. That's just how it goes. The only real exception is if the team was supposed to be really good, and they fail to meet expectations (in many years ironically enough, that team has been UGA).

And if UL played in the same conference as UGA does, UL would be 0-0 in BCS Bowl games.

And you know this how, exactly? If UofL had spent years reaping the benefits of the SEC hype & money machine, the program possibly could've been even better than it is today.

However to tie this back to the governments involvement in dealing with a huge problem of sexual abuse on college campuses is patently false.
There's nothing in your link that defines, with numbers, how huge the problem is. Net, I guess we're supposed to believe it is because people say it's so & thus so it is.

Let me know when the data shows that more women/1000 women are abused at colleges than for other places, say the workplace, say what is reported for the general population. Then I'll believe it's a huge problem (And don't tell me I'm in denial that it's a problem. What I'm doing is questioning huge - which you seem to think can't be questioned.)

Since it's such a huge problem, supposedly, I take it child abuse is relatively minor & that murder is relatively minor since in my world, not everything can be huge. Issues need to be prioritized.

UofL never made a BCS game from CUSA or the AAC. They were invited to the Orange Bowl and the Sugar Bowl from the Big East. Not that it really matters why UofL was invited, considering they won both games. One of those wins even came against a "mighty" SEC team ranked #3 in the country.

That was a good win, though that UF team with Driscoll at QB was a joke the following year. Either way, nice win. It was your program's last vs. a ranked team. The BCS game vs Wake? Meh. The Clemson team we beat that year was better than that Wake team. Even UCONN got to a BCS game one year. Whatever.

Anyway, Louisville is not irrelevant. They have had some success. I think many on here like to point out that people outside of Louisville don't look at UofL as a football power like many UofL fans do. Hell, you guys haven't beat a ranked team since TB was a sophomore. I'm sorry, but that's a long time. Even UK has beat a ranked team or 2 in that time frame. Many of you guys thought you were getting the "Bobby" from the past and that you would be a national title contender. He's really done ok so far. Nothing spectacular.

That said, UK hasn't held up it's end in the rivalry. A few things happen here and there and maybe you guys beat us 2 or 3 out of the last 5 instead of 5 in a row, but that's life. Close doesn't count.

I do remember though prior to UofL entering the ACC UK was made fun of for playing in the Music City Bowl, where we beat the likes of Clemson and FSU, the top programs in your conference now. Ironic you guys are playing in that bowl game now. Still better than no bowl game, but forgive UK fans if we aren't ready to crown you guys juggernauts.

I like the way the UL boards absolutely trashed UK and Tubman when this 1st went down, now of course he is a saint. Of course they will take him, it would make it even more of a lock if he actually was guilty.

Lol. You don't know how stuff works bub. Tom Jurich goes to the Pres and says.... This guy has to play, make this student council trial go away, we have big money on the line. And the Pres can and will do that.
Flor St, bama, Auburn, ole Miss etc do whatever they have to do to keep their GUILTY players eligible, UK can't even keep their non-guilty players. That's a weak AD period.
And look at the shape they are in now - wet ceilings - cash for hoes
th

Again, nothing of substance to say, just more "irrelevant" smack talk that doesn't prove your initial claim.

That UL is irrelevant? Everyone in the south knows it except their fans, no one else even knows they are in the ACC west of the Mississippi River, or cares. UofL has a decent little program, they were dang good in the BigEast after the ACC took the better teams, before that they were an also run there too. Petrino is a heck of a coach and a sleaze as a human being, he's a liar, cheats on his wife and family, breaks state laws, walks out on present employer if he thinks the grass is one shade green on the other side of the fence. He has done it at least 3 times, and will do it again when AU comes calling if Malzahn gets fired. I can hear you, "oh no, he loves being at Louisville". Believe that if you want, but don't whine when he heads to AU if the have another 6-7 win season and 8 might not be enough for him to save his job. Then you can name ole 3rd and Grantham as head coach, even though I wish he would follow Bobby to AU. Top 5 rushing defense, lol, even our backup qb, who is now our punter, looked good against it, and Chubb rushes for nearly 300 yards when we couldn't throw the ball 20 yards downfield.

But like I said, UofL is done playing anything important until Clemson or FSU leave the ACC, out of the entire conference on 3-4 would win the MAC. So a winning record is assured, but playing in that bowl in Charlotte is the ceiling level bowl in UofL's future, If Richt can get Miami decent again you could be looking at Independence level bowls.

And you know this how, exactly? If UofL had spent years reaping the benefits of the SEC hype & money machine, the program possibly could've been even better than it is today.

Because you would never have gotten to one. You are going to love this, if Richt and Bobo hadn't made a bad call, Teddy Bridgewater would have gone to UGA, he basically begged for an offer, but Richt and Bobo had already taken a qb in the class and wouldn't cut him loose. I know you won't believe that, but its the truth, he waited for a UGA offer, everyone else took their qbs and Louisville lucked out. Surely you don't think he actually wanted to go there.

That UL is irrelevant? Everyone in the south knows it except their fans, no one else even knows they are in the ACC west of the Mississippi River, or cares. UofL has a decent little program, they were dang good in the BigEast after the ACC took the better teams, before that they were an also run there too. Petrino is a heck of a coach and a sleaze as a human being, he's a liar, cheats on his wife and family, breaks state laws, walks out on present employer if he thinks the grass is one shade green on the other side of the fence. He has done it at least 3 times, and will do it again when AU comes calling if Malzahn gets fired. I can hear you, "oh no, he loves being at Louisville". Believe that if you want, but don't whine when he heads to AU if the have another 6-7 win season and 8 might not be enough for him to save his job. Then you can name ole 3rd and Grantham as head coach, even though I wish he would follow Bobby to AU. Top 5 rushing defense, lol, even our backup qb, who is now our punter, looked good against it, and Chubb rushes for nearly 300 yards when we couldn't throw the ball 20 yards downfield.

But like I said, UofL is done playing anything important until Clemson or FSU leave the ACC, out of the entire conference on 3-4 would win the MAC. So a winning record is assured, but playing in that bowl in Charlotte is the ceiling level bowl in UofL's future, If Richt can get Miami decent again you could be looking at Independence level bowls.
Grump I know you were happy to see Richt leave Ga, but how do you think he will do at Miami and I agree totally with your comments on otis

I didn't support us telling him he couldn't play and I really think and wish well for the guy.

Best post ever posted!!

If Stoops ever starts winning here, crap like how this played out will be why he leaves for greener pastures. This would never happen to UK basketball. Hell just last year two UK bball players were accused of rape and what ever came of that?

This just shows me that UK is still the UK of old. The SEC is win at all costs and we play the biggest scumbag university in America (UL). We are not playing on an even field so the on field results won't be much different than what I've witnessed for the past 30 years.

No reason for this kid to be kicked out of school.

And if UL played in the same conference as UGA does, UL would be 0-0 in BCS Bowl games.
Exactly my point. Every year there were at least 2 or 3 teams that made it to BCS games that you would look at and say, "really? They're in a BCS game?". UL has no room to talk smack at Georgia. As much as UGA has under achieved they would still smack UL around 9 times out of 10.

WRONG WRONG WRONG
th

The AD had ZERO input - this was a campus EDUCATION DEPARTMENT action that no one from AD to CMS to EC had any say so with - it was left up to the Student council and it failed their passing TWICE (1st and appeal) and could not be overturned by the AD

And thats the problem. Why the f*&^ do snot nosed kids have ANY say on this? All of this student council bullshit should never have even been a thing.

Exactly my point. Every year there were at least 2 or 3 teams that made it to BCS games that you would look at and say, "really? They're in a BCS game?". UL has no room to talk smack at Georgia. As much as UGA has under achieved they would still smack UL around 9 times out of 10.
... And mine as well. It has been proven every year that bowl games are somewhat like regular season baseball games in that lower level teams can beat better teams and it's not that unusual in that format (6 week layoff, some teams with more motivation than others in that one game). And a much different story to compete over a season against that same level of competition. That's why I never put much into bowl win numbers for the SEC good or bad any given year. Now the playoff games if they grow in number would be a different story.

The bigger black eye is UK will line up Miggins/Bell as Jucos in the spot Tubman was targeted to play and so far...they both look like UK players of old that played alot but were dominated often (Taylor Wyndham, Collins Ukwu, etc..).

So thank you whomever at UK that closed the door on an "non indicted (not even to the point of non guilty)" kid that wanted to be a UK and was told to hit the bricks.[sick]

Not sure Tubman would be lining up at those positions.

I see the typical SEC "we weren't even interested" nonsense is thrown around after both victories and losses. I was hoping you'd say something that actually refuted my argument that UofL is relevant in the world of college football, but I guess I expected too much.

By the way, here's a link to a composite preseason top 25 for next season. #21 isn't too bad for an irrelevant football team. It's actually right above other irrelevant teams, like UGA.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...football-rankings-top-25-2016-early-preseason

Georgia smoked UL. Cannot believe you are arguing they "disinterested" position. That works only when you win!

Hold that thought until UL does something significant in the ACC.

There's nothing in your link that defines, with numbers, how huge the problem is. Net, I guess we're supposed to believe it is because people say it's so & thus so it is.

Let me know when the data shows that more women/1000 women are abused at colleges than for other places, say the workplace, say what is reported for the general population. Then I'll believe it's a huge problem (And don't tell me I'm in denial that it's a problem. What I'm doing is questioning huge - which you seem to think can't be questioned.)

Since it's such a huge problem, supposedly, I take it child abuse is relatively minor & that murder is relatively minor since in my world, not everything can be huge. Issues need to be prioritized.

3900 nation wide in 2012 reported.
Considering research that has been done that suggests 90% are unreported this number could be upwards of 40,000 cases.

Maybe this is not a "priority" for you but that's an issue I don't care to debate with you.

As a UK alum and fan, I wish we would quit making fun of teams we can't beat. We spend our time criticizing UL and UT, instead of spending our time getting good at football. I deal daily with people that support both programs, and making cute names to criticize them doesn't trump their argument, which is "we beat you."

And you know this how, exactly?

Oh, that's easy. UL would have had a minimum (hint - key word here is minimum) of 3 losses every year. With three, and most likely more, losses UL would not have been anywhere near the top of the BCS rankings.

Just think real hard on the subject for awhile and perhaps there is a chance that maybe you'll figure it out.

Because you would never have gotten to one. You are going to love this, if Richt and Bobo hadn't made a bad call, Teddy Bridgewater would have gone to UGA, he basically begged for an offer, but Richt and Bobo had already taken a qb in the class and wouldn't cut him loose. I know you won't believe that, but its the truth, he waited for a UGA offer, everyone else took their qbs and Louisville lucked out. Surely you don't think he actually wanted to go there.

Well...Miles and Richt screwed up...their loss and Louisville gain...same thing might have happened again with Florida/Miami with Lamar Jackson...oh well

3900 nation wide in 2012 reported.
Considering research that has been done that suggests 90% are unreported this number could be upwards of 40,000 cases.

Maybe this is not a "priority" for you but that's an issue I don't care to debate with you.
Yea, I don't care to discuss it either. Over 400,000 cases of sexual abuse reported in US in 2012 & this <1% of that total is a crisis vs. the other 99%+ that includes 62,000 against defenseless kids. Got it.

https://www.nsopw.gov/en-US/Education/FactsStatistics?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Then there's the fact that 7%+ of females are enrolled in college & yet campuses have less than 1% of all reported sexual abuses. Net, college campuses are 7x safer against abuse than the country as a whole.

Last edited:
Reactions: jauk11
HAVE to say this , but I don't blame Otis for this because this has nothing to do with morals as LT would still go back to UK if certain people at UK would stand up for him...I hope Otis loses every game , but that LT kicks some ass playing...just thankful he is evidently getting another chance...GO LLOYD!!
Lloyd got railroaded by UK..He was cleared completely and his record expunged..The kangaroo court at UK denied him re-entry because of moral issues..bullshit.As his former Coach I know him.He has not a bad bone in his body..His Mother spent $10,000 on lawyers to clear his name against a girl that falsely accused him..I wish him only the best wherever he goes..

Reactions: Longtrip
all that greatness, all that winning & accomplishment and yet you are STILL Little Brother in your own state....hell, 50% of your own damn city where that juiced up junior college is located are #BBN. Burns you people up so very much, doesn't it? The inferiority complex is so ingrained you people don't even realize how much a part of you it is.

don't lie and say it doesnt, I've lived in Louisville for over 10 years now, work & are friends with UL fans, listen to your propaganda radio. a large segment of Lil Bro fans honestly thought that UK fans would quit supporting our program and adopt yours when you were winning 10+ games & we were in the depths of NCAA punishment & winning only 2. Because a large, large amount of UL fans are the same, front-running bandwagon jumpers who only started following the sport when Johnelle Smith started winning against weak-ass schedules. confuses and befuddles you that UK fans arent front-runners, that we still support our program despite lack of greatness, that we cheer for the team our daddies & granddaddies cheered for, and that we raise our kids to do the same. Meanwhile you keep your stadium empty unless it is a 'name' opponent...or not at noon.

nobody said it better than Cholly Strong, who only WISHED that ul fan could be as loyal and passionate and dedicated as the UK fans. that's why you are always just a stepping stone, why you had to settle for a coach who is nuclear waste that noone else in the country would touch.

Lloyd got railroaded by UK..He was cleared completely and his record expunged..The kangaroo court at UK denied him re-entry because of moral issues..bullshit.As his former Coach I know him.He has not a bad bone in his body..His Mother spent $10,000 on lawyers to clear his name against a girl that falsely accused him..I wish him only the best wherever he goes..
You're preaching to the choir here. Just a damn shame, and not right...

Reactions: mrschwump
all that greatness, all that winning & accomplishment and yet you are STILL Little Brother in your own state....hell, 50% of your own damn city where that juiced up junior college is located are #BBN. Burns you people up so very much, doesn't it? The inferiority complex is so ingrained you people don't even realize how much a part of you it is.

don't lie and say it doesnt, I've lived in Louisville for over 10 years now, work & are friends with UL fans, listen to your propaganda radio. a large segment of Lil Bro fans honestly thought that UK fans would quit supporting our program and adopt yours when you were winning 10+ games & we were in the depths of NCAA punishment & winning only 2. Because a large, large amount of UL fans are the same, front-running bandwagon jumpers who only started following the sport when Johnelle Smith started winning against weak-ass schedules. confuses and befuddles you that UK fans arent front-runners, that we still support our program despite lack of greatness, that we cheer for the team our daddies & granddaddies cheered for, and that we raise our kids to do the same. Meanwhile you keep your stadium empty unless it is a 'name' opponent...or not at noon.

nobody said it better than Cholly Strong, who only WISHED that ul fan could be as loyal and passionate and dedicated as the UK fans. that's why you are always just a stepping stone, why you had to settle for a coach who is nuclear waste that noone else in the country would touch.
uavel will always be Little Brother..fake attendance figures by Tommy Turtleneck won't change it..

I have no idea why Tubman would want to go to Utah State, so I have to expect the worst. With that said, if he does go to Louisville, I can hardly blame him. At this point, he doesn't owe UK a damn thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT