ADVERTISEMENT

Of course: Lloyd Tubman might be playing for UL this fall

JHB4UK

All-American
May 29, 2001
per 24/7, they are one of his 2 finalists

just so laughable all the way around, that UK allowed itself to be bullied by social justice warriors to force him out for no good reason. and laughable how that other school has no morals or reprehension on their second chances.

So which is it? Was he dismissed from UK for no good reason or is UL taking a chance on a troubled kid? You can't really have it both ways.
Valid point. The complaint about the way UK handled him is what I'm going with. No reason for UL not to take him.

Can someone fill me in on the story with this guy? I know there were some accusations made about sexual assault. Were they dismissed? And if so, why is he no longer at UK?

Can someone fill me in on the story with this guy? I know there were some accusations made about sexual assault. Were they dismissed? And if so, why is he no longer at UK?
UK made an example out of him. The girl had made false accusations before.

UK made an example out of him. The girl had made false accusations before.

Did it ever make it to court? It seems strange to me that the school would dismiss him over something like that. I have no legal background, but it seems like he could make a pretty strong legal case against the university.

per 24/7, they are one of his 2 finalists

just so laughable all the way around, that UK allowed itself to be bullied by social justice warriors to force him out for no good reason. and laughable how that other school has no morals or reprehension on their second chances.
HAVE to say this , but I don't blame Otis for this because this has nothing to do with morals as LT would still go back to UK if certain people at UK would stand up for him...I hope Otis loses every game , but that LT kicks some ass playing...just thankful he is evidently getting another chance...GO LLOYD!!

So which is it? Was he dismissed from UK for no good reason or is UL taking a chance on a troubled kid? You can't really have it both ways.
He was railroaded and Otis is not taking a chance on a "troubled" kid because that is not the case here.

Reactions: wyldecat
Did it ever make it to court? It seems strange to me that the school would dismiss him over something like that. I have no legal background, but it seems like he could make a pretty strong legal case against the university.

He was acquitted by the court but his ban from the university by the student council (or whatever garbage organization made this decision) remains. Definitely a frustrating situation. Like how can you punish the kid if the legal system found him innocent?

With that being said MacCard, I am going to have it both ways and it's so typical that UL would take our cast-off / legally troubled kid.

Reactions: jauk11
He was acquitted by the court but his ban from the university by the student council (or whatever garbage organization made this decision) remains. Definitely a frustrating situation. Like how can you punish the kid if the legal system found him innocent?

With that being said MacCard, I am going to have it both ways and it's so typical that UL would take our cast-off / legally troubled kid.
I hate Otis worse than probably anyone , but I do not blame them here

Quit trolling. NONE of the posts above yours was criticizing UofL for offering a spot to Tubman or calling the kid's character into question. The topic has been discussed on these boards extensively, and most UK football fans think it is likely that the disposition of his university student affairs disciplinary case was particularly unfair and the result of the current environment facing schools with respect to sexual assault allegations -- some have argued it effectively flips the presumption of innocence to a presumption of guilt, regardless of the veracity of the allegations.

Since we know his story its easy to be on his side, but I understand because he didn't have a gun and force the girl to have sex I know why you are confused with the situations you are accustom to. This kid is a good kid so don't even go there. Go cards go whores, this is almost as good as the Carolina Way.

I use to think he was innocent but, if he goes to Tards then he is guilty by association. I honestly think, if he ends up there it is because other programs, after looking into this more than we did, think he is guilty as well. We stood up for him. Maybe we should not have. He appears to be guilty as I look back on everything (with this new info of him possibly going to ul). They take these sorts!!!!

Grow up Dork, you sound like a petty tard fan.

If he ends up at UofL he will be the one Card player I cheer for, and hope he plays well against us.

Rob, again for you and some of the guys on here...this was above MB pay grade and ony the main guy could have done something about this and nothing he or MS could do

If Stoops ever starts winning here, crap like how this played out will be why he leaves for greener pastures. This would never happen to UK basketball. Hell just last year two UK bball players were accused of rape and what ever came of that?

This just shows me that UK is still the UK of old. The SEC is win at all costs and we play the biggest scumbag university in America (UL). We are not playing on an even field so the on field results won't be much different than what I've witnessed for the past 30 years.

No reason for this kid to be kicked out of school.

I use to think he was innocent but, if he goes to Tards then he is guilty by association. I honestly think, if he ends up there it is because other programs, after looking into this more than we did, think he is guilty as well. We stood up for him. Maybe we should not have. He appears to be guilty as I look back on everything (with this new info of him possibly going to ul). They take these sorts!!!!
I would down-vote, or "Dislike" this post if I could.

Did he even play last year?

He's never played D1 football. How old is he now? 20? 21?

If he does play at UofL and doesn't turn out to be Jadaveon Clowney like this board makes him out to be, I'll bet many here won't be up in arms about his "situation" any longer.

That said, can we finally ban that poser Dorkmeister? It's obvious.

Reactions: UK till Death
If Stoops ever starts winning here, crap like how this played out will be why he leaves for greener pastures. This would never happen to UK basketball. Hell just last year two UK bball players were accused of rape and what ever came of that?

This just shows me that UK is still the UK of old. The SEC is win at all costs and we play the biggest scumbag university in America (UL). We are not playing on an even field so the on field results won't be much different than what I've witnessed for the past 30 years.

No reason for this kid to be kicked out of school.

Funny, I follow all UK news pretty much, never heard of any recent rape allegations, are you sure you haven't been on the TU board?

Perhaps you are doing the same thing you are jumping on UK for, guilty until proven innocent. Perhaps two players were accused of rape (lots of future millionaires on the bb team), and maybe the charges weren't taken seriously because they shouldn't have been. Since I never heard of them seems to me you might just be giving our trolls more false ammo.

I also think the "we" in Dork's post might have been referring to the fan base standing behind Tubman (except the obvious few), not the University itself------and as Fuzz said, what if some coed used this case to sue UK sometime in the future, after all money is the ONLY thing in the world important to some people, even if they have cost UK millions of dollars with their penny wise pound foolish policies AND might have kicked an innocent man out of college while ruining his reputation.

Reactions: cat888
Quit trolling. NONE of the posts above yours was criticizing UofL for offering a spot to Tubman or calling the kid's character into question .

Maybe you missed it, but the very first post in the thread did exactly that.

"Laughable how that other school has no morals or reprehension on their second chances". I mean, that's pretty clear cut, and the implication about Tubman isn't good.

I would down-vote, or "Dislike" this post if I could.

Maybe not a good post, but after reading it again I can see where he is coming from. To start with I don't think he is saying that UK stood behind Tubman, far from it, I think he was talking about most of our fans. I think they should have taken the much more resourceful Grand Juries opinion on it. But really Tubman wouldn't be getting any sort of revenge on UK the school, athletics IS a secondary objective here and if he helps UL beat UK he will be getting a lot more revenge on his former teammates and coaches, whom I would assume were on his side for the most part-----after all, it is a he say she say situation where she could (maybe) be telling the truth, although all the things I know about him, the relationship, and her tells me an innocent is by far the most logical AND safest verdict.

I think his post is more of a (deserved, IMO) slam on UL than anything else, and if his other finalist is TU then that adds to his point------let me put it this way, if I did have a problem with drugs, stealing, sex, whatever, those are two of the schools I would feel safest at.

Sorry, but I wish him well where ever he goes, but not at those two.

Last edited:
Reactions: cat888
Did Stoops ever open his mouth on the situation? If he had it might have made a difference. I think it would have made a difference.
If was totally out of MS hands and there was nothing he could do or say publicly, but I would almost bet he gave his best shot to those that matter , but at that point in time it was not a football matte

Reactions: jauk11
Maybe not a good post, but after reading it again I can see where he is coming from. To start with I don't think he is saying that UK stood behind Tubman, far from it, I think he was talking about most of our fans. I think they should have taken the much more resourceful Grand Juries opinion on it. But really Tubman wouldn't be getting any sort of revenge on UK the school, athletics IS a secondary objective here and if he helps UL beat UK he will be getting a lot more revenge on his former teammates and coaches, whom I would assume were on his side for the most part-----after all, it is a he say she say situation where she could (maybe) be telling the truth, although all the things I know about him, the relationship, and her tells me an innocent is by far the most logical AND safest verdict.

I think his post is more of a (deserved, IMO) slam on UL than anything else, and if his other finalist is TU then that adds to his point------let me put it this way, if I did have a problem with drugs, stealing, sex, whatever, those are two of the schools I would feel safest at.

Sorry, but I wish him well where ever he goes, but not at those two.
Read where he will either sign with Utah St or be enrolling at Otis in the fall where he has already been accepted, but i was told on more than one occasion that he wanted to return to UK despite all that went down, but he evidently couldn't get the backing of those he needed in his corner...sad.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT