ADVERTISEMENT

Of course, here comes Dick Vitale

He's like one of those idiots on Facebook who thinks you want to hear their opinion on stuff.

Vitale always does this regardless of the circumstances. He’s the ultimate apologist for all big name coaches. Always takes their side. Nothing’s ever their fault. And, oh, those foolish fans…

I’m guessing Seth Greenberg will be along soon with similar comments. That’s also his schtick.

Dick will like anyone who won't catch his beloved Tarheels or Blue Devils.

I like Vitale but he's always going to say something positive about a coach who is fired or leaves Kentucky. Cal was appreciated while he was here, but he didn't know when his time was up. Dick should know a thing or two about the coaching profession, he didn't last very long anywhere he coached. You got to win baby, we are losing to teams you've never heard of and getting beat in both the NCAA and SEC tournaments in the first round. you can't do that and remain coach here very long.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
What's he supposed to say... "Cal really sucked the past 5 years, and obviously the BBN didn't stand for it", then say "...glad he's gone!" I mean yes it's hard to see another coach on the sidelines, but another to say Rick and Cal were the ONLY ones that can handle UK. I'm willing to try another. Especially one that knows how to coach against a high-ball-screen and implement different defenses when getting torched on the drive!

Reactions: AzubuikeandFitch
sorry but NO ONE can defend his record over past 5 years. Got embarrassed twice by a 14 and 15 seed, that does not happen at Kentucky. Not to mention the terrible SEC tournament record.

My prediction: Cal never wins another championship. He'll be a one hit wonder like all the other 1 championship coaches.

What's he supposed to say... "Cal really sucked the past 5 years, and obviously the BBN didn't stand for it", then say "...glad he's gone!" I mean yes it's hard to see another coach on the sidelines, but another to say Rick and Cal were the ONLY ones that can handle UK. I'm willing to try another. Especially one that knows how to coach against a high-ball-screen and implement different defenses when getting torched on the drive!
I concur. Simple basketball adjustments will be a welcome sight.

Reactions: CASblue
We got a lot more national hate when Tubby left than we have so far with Cal leaving. It seems most people think it was best for both parties this time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT