ADVERTISEMENT

Observations from the 34 yard line.

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
1. It is 2023, and we are all being welcomed to a decade-long, cultural transformation, that might exceed any in college football: we cover a massive 25/26 point spread, hold an FBS opponent to 3 points on a night we were minus 2 or 3, on takeaways, and coaches, players and fans are like: “WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH US??”

2. So What the Hell is wrong with us?

Well, sometimes Sophomore wide receivers look a lot like Sophomore wide receivers (and kick returners); and sometimes Tight Ends who are actually trying to drag four opponents into the end zone get stripped, and sometimes
young centers snap the ball high.

And most of the time young players gain experience and improve.

It is a rare luxury that we could have at least 6 or 7 head-scratching, bone-headed plays (out of 45ish offensive snaps) and win going away.

It’s a “thing” I have seen good teams do for decades, though seldom teams in Blue.

3. Leary-to-Davis for 65 yards!!

Post-game commentators struggled for comparisons, and all I can come up with was Rafael Little against Auburn (in a home loss) and some plays by the M &M’s (Mark Logan and Mark Higgs) in the mid-eighties.

Leary is a tad stronger than we knew and Davis has some of that strange, whole-field-of-view, or “magic,” that makes college football the popular sport it is.

I’ll forgive Davis the “Fifteen Yard Flip”
at the end. I nearly did one in the stands.

4. Deeee-Fence. . . damn. Three points surrendered when turnovers put the opponent within scoring range thrice!

That’s Nice!!

5. Maxwell Hairston.

Remember a few weeks ago, he was an unproven quantity for the defense?

He should get conference recognition, tomorrow!

6. Leary. He’s taken some licks and keeps on ticking. When accurate, he puts it in a paint bucket from 35 yards. And when he and his receivers have a four-quarter performance, the sky is the limit!

7. OOOOOOO THE BIGGUUN!

You might not see “0” in any stats, as being doubled and tripled on every snap tends to negate personal stats while allowing damn-near-free-range rushing angles by Wallace and others.

I hope he gets a tipped pass and rumbles
for about 50 yards before the season is over.

8. The Back with the longest name in football!!

Looked pretty damn sharp in the 4th!!

I think special legislation should be passed to allow the use of his initials, only.

9. Tavion Robinson.

Just as Sophomore Wide-Receivers sometimes look like Sophomore wide-receivers, Seniors usually look like Seniors.

Last edited:
Sh
1. It is 2023, and we are all being welcomed to a decade-long, cultural transformation, that might exceed any in college football: we cover a massive 25/26 point spread, hold an FBS opponent to 3 points on a night we were minus 2 or 3, on takeaways, and coaches, players and fans are like: “WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH US??”

Well, sometimes Sophomore wide receivers look a lot like Sophomore wide receivers (and kick returners); and sometimes Tight Ends who are actually trying to drag four opponents into the end zone get stripped, and sometimes

It is a rare luxury that we could have at least 6 or 7 head-scratching, bone-headed plays (out of 45ish offensive snaps) and win going away.

It’s a “thing” I have seen good teams do for decades, though seldom teams in Blue.

Post-game commentators struggled for comparisons, and all I can come up with was Rafael Little against Auburn (in a home loss) and some plays by the M &M’s (Mark Logan and Mark Higgs) in the mid-eighties.

Leary is a tad stronger than we knew and Davis has some of that strange, whole-field-of-view, or “magic,” that makes college football the popular sport it is.

4. Deeee-Fence. . . damn. Three points surrendered when turnovers put the opponent within scoring range thrice!

That’s Nice!!

5. Maxwell Hairston.

6. Leary. He’s taken some licks and keeps on ticking. When accurate, he puts it in a paint bucket from 35 yards. And when he and his receivers have a four-quarter performance, the sky is the limit!

7. OOOOOOO THE BIGGUUN!

You might not see “0” in any stats, as being doubled and tripled on every snap tends to negate personal stats while allowing damn-near-free-range rushing angles by Wallace and others.

I think special legislation should be passed to allow the use of his initials, only.

9. Tavion Robinson.

Just as Sophomore Wide-Receivers sometimes look like Sophomore wide-receivers, Seniors usually look like Seniors.
Shh!

Don't wake the legislature up, they will want another half of the loan we had to get because our AD had run our athletic department into bankruptcy. At least the part that had two two win seasons.

I was pretty worried until the fourth.

That’s Nice!!

5. Maxwell Hairston.

7. OOOOOOO THE BIGGUUN!

9. Tavion Robinson.

When you do a back flip in the stands, the first responders will have a field day.

That’s Nice!!

5. Maxwell Hairston.

7. OOOOOOO THE BIGGUUN!

9. Tavion Robinson.

If I could like this a million times I would. Well said!!

young centers snap the ball high

We must get the snap solidified. Jager isn't nearly good enough in other aspects to live with repeated bad snaps

That running back from NcSt(I cant say his name either) looks good,needs a few more snaps during SEC play.

Agree. Definitely looks like the backup to me.

Also in case anyone kept track, when McClain came in we ran almost exclusively gap scheme concepts instead of our typical wide zone. Seems McClain still lacks the vision in traffic.

I agree with nearly everything. Except the snapping. That can’t happen at this level. Not when it’s your second year. There’s bad snaps and then there’s “Was he snapping it to a bird?!”

Bad snaps happen. Ball gets wet, etc. you cannot make the mistake of sending it 3 feet over your QB’s head.

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT