ADVERTISEMENT

Observations From the 34 Yard Line

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
1. Ray Davis was just one freakin’ broken tackle away from Ivy Joe Hunter’s (1987??) home record for rushing, and Moe’s program record of 299 yards at South Carolina in ‘95.

He’ll have other chances. That was a Heisman performance.

SEC defenses just don’t surrender 75 yard sprints, untouched to the end zone . . . . until they do.

2. Wallace’s Pick and Return. My favorite part was when he came face-to-face with an offensive player, and gave him a forearm jive to the chest, folding him like a cheap suit.

3. Line Play. Just dominant. There were 12 plays UK got sacks or TFL. At some point someone is going to come for Brad White, for a head-coaching spot, with a bag full of money.

Yenser? He can hold that head high, this week!!

4. Passing Game, 9 for 20? And who gives a sh!t! Games take on odd personalities. Every pass play had Leary, the receivers and the crowd asking themselves in the dark corners of their minds, “just why the f@&k are we passing the ball.” Our O-line looked pretty poor against lesser competition, and Stoops said it would be fixed.

It got fixed.

Our receivers will have a breakout game, hopefully next Saturday. Stoops says it will get fixed.

It will get fixed.

5. The Crowd.

Loud and got there early. As I posted on another thread, the Student Body was seated an hour (plus) prior according to my stadium neighbor. They were all in place when I sat 35 minutes before kickoff.

6. Mertz Passing: 25 of 30!!! Wow, for 14 points!!!! (See above snarky remark asking “who gives a sh!t.”) At that rate of efficiency, he would have had to go 85 of 90 . . . to lose by three!

7. So now I’m watching other SEC games.

And I hear a long-distance, ancient whisper from the football Angst of my life . . .”Defense wins Championships . . . Defense wins Championships.”

Only two or three SEC teams seem to be playing great defense, and one wears my favorite shade of Blue!

8. Fifty Yard Field Goal!!

—- and it would have been good from Fifty-And-One-Half!!

9. So, this UF team beat UT in Gainesville 29-16?

OK!!

10. I “pounded” my first stadium-purchased beer, but only upon Coach’s advice!!

Thereafter, I was loud and rowdy!

Last edited:
In a little bit of Leary’s defense, there were 4 dropped passes that were very catchable, several critical. He did have some bad throws, probably should have rolled out on the tipped pass, the pick 6 drop, a few others. Hopefully Coen will continue to develop. They really didn’t need to pass much with the running game going the way it was .

1. Ray Davis was just one freakin’ broken tackle away from Ivy Joe Hunter’s (1987??) home record for rushing, and Moe’s program record of 299 yards at South Carolina in ‘95.

He’ll have other chances. That was a Heisman performance.

SEC defenses just don’t surrender 75 yard sprints, untouched to the end zone . . . . until they do.

2. Wallace’s Pick and Return. My favorite part was when he came face-to-face with an offensive player, and gave him a forearm jive to the chest, folding him like a cheap suit.

3. Line Play. Just dominant. There were 12 plays UK got sacks or TFL. At some point someone is going to come for Brad White, for a head-coaching spot, with a bag full of money.

Yenser? He can hold that head high, this week!!

4. Passing Game, 9 for 20? And who gives a sh!t! Games take on odd personalities. Every pass play had Leary, the receivers and the crowd asking themselves in the dark corners of their minds, “just why the f@&k are we passing the ball.” Our O-line looked pretty poor against lesser competition, and Stoops said it would be fixed.

It got fixed.

Our receivers will have a breakout game, hopefully next Saturday. Stoops says it will get fixed.

It will get fixed.

5. The Crowd.

Loud and got there early. As I posted on another thread, the Student Body was seated an hour (plus) prior according to my stadium neighbor. They were all in place when I sat 35 minutes before kickoff.

6. Mertz Passing: 25 of 30!!! Wow, for 14 points!!!! (See above snarky remark asking “who gives a sh!t.”) At that rate of efficiency, he would have had to go 85 of 90 . . . to lose by three!

7. So now I’m watching other SEC games.

And I hear a long-distance, ancient whisper from the football Angst of my life . . .”Defense wins Championships . . . Defense wins Championships.”

Only two or three SEC teams seem to be playing great defense, and one wears my favorite shade of Blue!

8. Fifty Yard Field Goal!!

—- and it would have been good from Fifty-And-One-Half!!

9. So, this UF team beat UT in Gainesville 29-16?

OK!!

10. I “pounded” my first stadium-purchased beer, but only upon Coach’s advice!!

Thereafter, I was loud and rowdy!
I was at the 25 and I couldn’t have said it better myself, the only nitpicky thing I noticed it our receivers drop wide open passes but will catch bullet passes like brown did. But today was a great effort from Kentucky

In a little bit of Leary’s defense, there were 4 dropped passes that were very catchable, several critical. He did have some bad throws, probably should have rolled out on the tipped pass, the pick 6 drop, a few others. Hopefully Coen will continue to develop. They really didn’t need to pass much with the running game going the way it was .
They'll need to next week

Thanks for the view from inside the stadium. It seemed electric on the TV. It just seemed like we had the attitude and florida looked like a beat team early and often. Also like bending over and saying "Thank you sir, may I have anohter".

Great post, as usual. Passing game is pretty terrible, but I couldn't care less today. I agree with you, it will get fixed.

Reactions: CGblue
Great post and great insight from the inside. It was so electric watching it on TV I could just imagine the electricity being inside that stadium today. I was there 2 years ago when we started the streak. It was rocking then…

Reactions: The-Hack and CGblue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT