ADVERTISEMENT

Oats was interested in UK job

I gave MB the benefit of the doubt and was mistaken. You really need a search committee with good contacts and lots of experience to cast a wider net for a program of this profile. I don't think many of us understand the way decisions were made here.

Reactions: d2atTech
LOL.

Cal told the Memphis fans he wasn't leaving Memphis two days before he did.

You really have no idea how this works, do you.
So genius, is he really wasn't interested what would he say? Exactly the same damn thing.

^^^ Things Cal cultists say when they put a coach ahead of the program while simultaneously belittling the same fans who made this program what it is.

Weak rebuttal.
BS to you. Have you seen Pope’s offense? You want a wide open scoring offense? Pope brings good offense. I want UK to win. Pope is so much better than hiring sleaze balls(Pearl, beard, Pitino, Wade, etc

Oats, Hurley, Oats, Drew turned us down already.
I will take my chances with Pope or Golden or Paris type of coaches

BTW, I put my money into the program and will support the coach that was on our 1996 National Championship team

Maybe boosters weren't interested in Oates. Bad stuff happened last year at Batman, I thought (Oates), should of been suspended for the year or even fired. And I wasn't the only one on this board that felt that way.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
There’s been two completely conflicting reports about his involvement in the search, and it’s hard to know which is the truth given all the nonsense that’s been said from various sources. One is that Mitch blacklisted him over the shooting incident last year. The other is that we balked at the price after making an initial inquiry and being informed that his buyout was non-negotiable. Either one of those scenarios would technically mean that he didn’t get the job for reasons outside his own interest in it.

I’ve heard absolutely nothing about a divorce or custody battle preventing him from leaving the state and nothing of the sort exists in the public record right now. I even asked some Bama die hards about it today and they said they think it’s a smear that started on Auburn boards. I honestly don’t think there’s any truth to that being the reason we couldn’t hire him.

If Mitch lived 180 years ago, they'd likely have beaten him within an inch of his life for this. This is sheer abuse of power and negligence.
100 years before that, there would have been barrels of tar and bags of feathers involved.

Saw several of his games this year. They are fast paced with lots of screens and 3 point shooting. Just wonder how he well he can recruit

Isn't wanting a job but being unable to accept it the same thing as not wanting the job in the end? It's still saying no.

This is true. Kentucky fans orchestrated the lie about his marriage and children because they were embarrassed he decided to stay at Alabama instead of being the next coach at Kentucky
Seems to me you orchestrated a lie to cover your fanbase ass

The reports of Donovan turning us down, is just BS to cover for Mitch. From everyone close to him, he definitely had interest.
It’s actually embarrassing Mitch went to Donovan all 3 times over 15 years. Shows the guy is one tracked minded stubborn.

Oats eliminated himself by basically looking the other way last year after the shooting, although that is more than a little bit hypocritical in retrospect.

You have the funniest damn username. You are constantly posting about being bothered. How did you decide on don’t worry about it?
I’m trolling 80-90 of the time, this stuff doesn’t bother me that much. I love Kentucky sports, but I don’t get that worked up over it like I act on here. I like trolling to get reactions sometimes. It’s very easy to bait people on here. With pope I was legit shocked yesterday and in the moment I thought the hire was and, but I am on board and will wait and see how he does

Then he should have said something instead of being a bitch made fool
Exactly. If someone wants the job, reach out. If you try to act like you don't, then don't be surprised when the phone doesn't ring off the hook.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT