ADVERTISEMENT

Now that it’s over - Disaster of a season

STL_Cat

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2011
So sad.

Preseason top 4, returning NPOY with other key returners and McDonalds All-Americans in the recruiting class.

12 losses. 6 seed. Another tournament where we don’t advance past the first weekend.

You can’t even make the argument that this program is in a good place right now, I don’t care if you poop ice cream and cry sunshine.

Absolute train wreck of a season. add in the Wheeler situation, Cal's lack of bench development, and over all dog crap coaching. Yeah this one goes in the books as a failure.
Didn’t even mention the Wheeler circus. Where are all the guys telling those of us who figured he’d never play again we’re gonna “eat crow” when he comes back?

CCC lived up to his name today. Total ineptness. Hall of fame my ass!!! Screw that clown!!! He can’t get out of Lexington fast enough for my taste. Just absolutely trash basketball all year long. Now a 2 game losing streak to Kansas state to add to the list of futility.

So sad.

Preseason top 4, returning NPOY with other key returners and McDonalds All-Americans in the recruiting class.

12 losses. 6 seed. Another tournament where we don’t advance past the first weekend.

You can’t even make the argument that this program is in a good place right now, I don’t care if you poop ice cream and cry sunshine.

Agreed. And the chance for redemption was there with the best NCAA tourney draw we've had in years. Total garbage program now.

Reactions: UKat1
The only post I am going to make for the time being is right here.

Positives :

1 title
4 final four appearances

Negatives :

2013 season
20-21 season
so many coaching in game blunders I cannot even begin to count
so many HIGHLY questionable coaching decisions I can't begin to count
Shaedon Sharpe fiasco
negative CCC comments directed towards the fans
strange and erratic behavior over the course of his coaching career at UK
upset losses in NCAA tournament that we had no business losing
numerous times where the team looked poorly prepared
Strange lineup and substitution patterns throughout multiple seasons
Injuries galore with every season - a mystery beyond coincidence?
ego and attitude combined with declining performance over the past 5 years.....

this list can go on and on ....... please add to it as you see fit.

I'm leaving it at that.

It's time to move on.

I'll try to be magnanimous and keep it classy by saying :

"Thank you Coach Calipari for the time you invested in our program, we wish you the best as you move forward after your time spent here at the University of Kentucky. Farewell."

So sad.

The problem begins and ends with Cal. Until that changes, nothing will.

Last edited:
Didn’t even mention the Wheeler circus. Where are all the guys telling those of us who figured he’d never play again we’re gonna “eat crow” when he comes back?
Especially, after KSR declared him ready to go. Wasn’t there a “gotcha” thread posted the other day, after it was announced, calling out the doubters who said Wheeler quit on the team bc his feelings were hurt?

Imagine all the people that still kept saying this team could be the 14 team. But like I said, the 2014 team actually played their best basketball of the season in the SEC tournament and were rolling going into the NCAAs. They had given us reason for hope before the tournament. This team didn’t do that. I still was hopeful, but here we are. Sad day.

Especially, after KSR declared him ready to go. Wasn’t there a “gotcha” thread posted the other day, after it was announced, calling out the doubters who said Wheeler quit on the team bc his feelings were hurt?
So many people were calling out the folks that said he’d never play again. Where are they now? Crickets!

Just wish they would tell us why Wheeler wasn’t playing. If the surgery kept him out … ok.
You won’t know until the story gets leaked in the summer. If anyone thinks it’s an injury then god bless ‘em lol. I’d say wheeler was very indifferent about the results today. He already has his stuff packed up and ready to gtfo of Lexington.

Reactions: UKSouthpaw
What happened to the “I hope Cal makes you eat your words!” thread? I agreed with the guy.

Remember folks, the hopeless feeling you have regarding next year is brought to you by the real problem, Mitch B.
We all know we'll live and die with next year's team, but we will also know deep down that they won't get what we want for our program. A bunch of freshmen - and this coach - CANNOT reach the final 4, no matter how good they have been in high school and AAU.

Hopefully, after next year we can have a coaching search. But that creates the nightmare scenario of Mitch picking a coach from his Sunday School class.

GBB

Reactions: runt#69
So sad.

Might be a good thing, maybe only one more year.

Definitely disappointing . Today wasn’t even an upset that’s how disappointing the season went . If you told me before the season that we would lose to Kansas State I wouldn’t have expected it to be an upset in the tournament.

Reactions: Cats192
100%.

National player of the year returning. Wallace and Livingston as elite freshmen. Toppin playing like a lottery pick in the Bahamas. Finally got some 3 point shooters with Reeves and Frederick. Maybe biggest of all--Cal has seniors. I've said it for 10 or 12 years now--wait until Cal gets an experienced team.

We went to the Champions Classic expecting to see a national title contender. Instead, we saw a team that didn't know how to play offense. We heard the coach say "they don't know the plays." And this experienced team has looked all season like a bunch of freshman trying to figure it out on the fly.

Reactions: KyCatFan and blubo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT