ADVERTISEMENT

Now all we need is a closer.

We may see one more guy soon but it’s June 16th to withdraw from nba draft and middle of July for reclass announcements. I imagine the last couple spots remain vacant for a while

Reactions: Justwantadecentteam
Any of the names suggested sound good to me.

Any of those names will also push another player to the bench.

Add Robinson, Poplar or someone similar and this team has everything it needs to be a title contender.

Reactions: catfan220
Need a combo guard who can shoot and get to the basket, hell honestly Chandler and Perry could be that guy, don't know yet. Would love to have Robinson and another big that could give a few minutes if our bigs get into foul trouble. I believe Carr, Williams, and Garrison take most of the bulk of minutes at 4 and 5. Another big who can stretch the floor would be huge on this team.

I wonder if we get maybe one more guy within the next week, probably a back-up PF type player, and then things settle down for a while. Then maybe one or two more late decisions from guys withdrawing from the draft, or lower tier multi-year players with potential, etc. Possibly even a late HS de-commit.

Among the NBA guys -- Robinson and then Wells are the obvious candidates.

By the way, is the deadline for the transfer portal at midnight eastern time? Pacific time? Anyone know?

Add Robinson, Poplar or someone similar and this team has everything it needs to be a title contender.
I think we need one more big body, a backup PF ideally like Garrison, ie high potential and multiple years to play. (in addition to what you said)

Give me Peterson. He is exactly what we need to go with the experience we have: an elite athlete.

I know we are sick of hearing about elite Freshmen talent after the last 15 years, but it’s not like we are going to rely on Freshmen. One stud Frosh might be exactly what we need.

I'm all for Robinson and having a guy like him that knows Pope's system has its benefits.

Reactions: catben
I say pickup a couple players, with a chance to move up the roster after the 24/25 season. Most of the players we got coming in will only be here, for 1 season, so building 25/26 season needs to start now, so we don't have to do another complete rebuild again.

Who's to say that Kobe Brae can't be your go-to guy ? Shoots 49% from 3 ! He gets 6 points out of every 4 shots !
Is he just not a guy who can get his shot any time he wants one ?

Would like to grab a bucket getter. Similar to 2022 when we could beat anyone, but still could have used someone like Shaedon Sharp.

That being said, I still contend that Chandler will be far better this year than most seem to be expecting. 3 level scorer who will be 21 years old. Pretty sure he hasn’t been living in a cave these past two years. Doubt the rust will last all year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT