ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame loses Zach Auguste

runt#69

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2010
Maricopa, AZ.
This, from cbssportsline :

Notre Dame junior Zach Auguste will not play Wednesday night at Georgia Tech and now has an uncertain future with the men's basketball team because of an undisclosed off-the-court issue. Coach Mike Brey is expected to address the situation later.

Apparently (for now) a one game suspension for academic issues, but a television report said it would be for the rest of the season. (no link, rumor? or is there something to it? we shall see...) Looks like we will hear something more from Brey after the game tonight. Remember last year, Jerian Grant was suspended for the spring semester and Notre Dame went into a tailspin. Will the same thing happen this year?

Zach is their second leading scorer, and I have to think that if there's some way they can work it out, this time they will, very much unlike last year. However, if he is out for an extended time, it surely is going to hurt the Irish.

Discuss.

Notre Dame loses Zach Auguste

No way I'd coach there, in either sport (beyond the obvious reason that I'm far from good enough). Too many elite opportunities without the handicaps. Although if you're not into a professional future, the education and prestige would be nice from the player's perspective.

Kid is their only athletic physical presence. Love that team, but they're soft besides that kid. He's a helluva player.

Perspective--this is one kid--how many did UNC have that played and never worried about such trivial subjects such as classes and course work?

Originally posted by Mike_Edwards:

Perspective--this is one kid--how many did UNC have that played and never worried about such trivial subjects such as classes and course work?

No one at unc *** worried about class!! The difference is that ND has some institutional control. Unc *** has none. Unc Cheat is good at lawyering up to limit damages only after 5 internal investigations are done. It is still kind of foggy though. Unc admitted to cheating for 18 years in multiple sports and still no punishment?? EVERYONE else is doing it!!!!! GBB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT