ADVERTISEMENT

Nothing about the chaos at Louisville mall?

Western Canada welcomes you!
vancouver1.jpg

Man, Vancouver looks like Hong Kong or Beijing in that pic, not at all what I thought it would look like. Some friends recently traveled to Panama City and I was shocked at the pics. I expected a large shanty town, kind of like the place where Tarc buses would drop kids back off from the mall.

I had no idea Vancouver was that big of a metropolitan, apparently every Canadian west of Toronto lives in Vancouver.

If thats an actual picture of Vancouver, wow I had no idea it was that big of a city.

6 Mall cops against 2,000 kids? How much you want to bet one said "This is just like '300'!" as he maced a 13-year old in the face.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
There is a pretty darn good Canadian syfi show called Continuum that is set in Vancouver. And 60 some odd years in the future Vancouver is like the most important city in the Western Hemisphere. From the looks of those pics that isn't so far fetched as you would first think.

I haven't been to Montreal or Toronto, but it's tough to imagine there being a more interesting, nicer Canadian city than Vancouver. Wonderful place for a long weekend.

Guess they've decided it's time to kill another mall. Bashford Manor caught the Newburg cancer years ago and didn't survive.

Guess they've decided it's time to kill another mall. Bashford Manor caught the Newburg cancer years ago and didn't survive.

The St. Matthews Mall planted the seeds when they decided to build a big new movie theater on the property. The movie theater was always going to be a big draw for kids/teens.

The St. Matthews Mall planted the seeds when they decided to build a big new movie theater on the property. The movie theater was always going to be a big draw for kids/teens.
Definitely a big draw for teens. And large groups of teens, black, white, red or yellow. Doesn't matter, there will be disturbances.

According to the CJ, the Mall is going to enforce new rules to deal with the teens. It seems that there have been several escalating instances of punks acting up in and around that Mall.

"Tony Cobaugh, SRT commander for the St. Matthews Police Department, provided a snapshot of what led up to Saturday's incident. He said that in October officers responded to separate incidents at Whole Foods and LA Fitness near Mall St. Matthews, where juveniles damaged property and harassed customers.

Also in October, juveniles were arrested after setting fire to a bus stop at Shelbyville Road and Hubbards Lane. They were apprehended and admitted to police that they had come from the Mall.

In November, officers responded to numerous incidents of disruption in the Mall area by a large number of rowdy juveniles, including jumping on cars, overturning a motorcycle at Whole Foods, knocking over displays at the Taco Bell on Shelbyville Road.

November also included several incidents involved fights among youths at the food court in the Mall.

Police say they beefed up Saturday patrols in mid-November due to ongoing juvenile mischief and crimes.

Near Thanksgiving, in a heavy rain, a group of juveniles near the Outback Steakhouse began pelting cars along Shelbyville Road with landscaping rocks. Police apprehended the juveniles after they fled into the restaurant."................

Police say they have noticed gang members at Mall St. Matthews.

December 5 was the worst evening for St. Matthews police in regards to youth violence at the Mall.

On December 22, an officer responded to a fight including a juvenile reportedly carrying a gun. As the suspect was leaving, he raised up his shirt and allegedly flashed a gun at the unarmed officer.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...olice-discuss-new-security-measures/78028134/

Last edited:
According to the CJ, the Mall is going to enforce new rules to deal with the teens. It seems that there have been several escalating instances of punks acting up in and around that Mall.

"Tony Cobaugh, SRT commander for the St. Matthews Police Department, provided a snapshot of what led up to Saturday's incident. He said that in October officers responded to separate incidents at Whole Foods and LA Fitness near Mall St. Matthews, where juveniles damaged property and harassed customers.

Also in October, juveniles were arrested after setting fire to a bus stop at Shelbyville Road and Hubbards Lane. They were apprehended and admitted to police that they had come from the Mall.

In November, officers responded to numerous incidents of disruption in the Mall area by a large number of rowdy juveniles, including jumping on cars, overturning a motorcycle at Whole Foods, knocking over displays at the Taco Bell on Shelbyville Road.

November also included several incidents involved fights among youths at the food court in the Mall.

Police say they beefed up Saturday patrols in mid-November due to ongoing juvenile mischief and crimes.

Near Thanksgiving, in a heavy rain, a group of juveniles near the Outback Steakhouse began pelting cars along Shelbyville Road with landscaping rocks. Police apprehended the juveniles after they fled into the restaurant."................

Police say they have noticed gang members at Mall St. Matthews.

December 5 was the worst evening for St. Matthews police in regards to youth violence at the Mall.

On December 22, an officer responded to a fight including a juvenile reportedly carrying a gun. As the suspect was leaving, he raised up his shirt and allegedly flashed a gun at the unarmed officer.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...olice-discuss-new-security-measures/78028134/
eek.gif

Just said on the news that 2 cops were surrounded by about 50 teens but "used their discretion" to not make any arrests. Riiiiiiiight.

Just on the news, black leaders in the westend want $1 million over 10 years to give the kids something to do. Why do only kids in the westend need things to do to stay out of trouble?

Not a fan of mid-90s Memphis underground rap?

Did you side with Bone Thugs N' Harmony in the Memphis vs. Cleveland beef of 1995?

Perhaps you prefer cleaner production?

Throwin' chairs, breakin' jaws ...........

Last edited:
Just on the news, black leaders in the westend want $1 million over 10 years to give the kids something to do. Why do only kids in the westend need things to do to stay out of trouble?

Because the honks on the south end have meth labs to tend to? Hard work, that meth makin'.

So that must mean that they are saying that west end blacks were to blame for the entire thing. Racists.

They said that was just a game, so I assume this is the same type of deal. I don't understand kids, but apparently the hunger games kind of created this and it's real big in progressive cities.
LOL, The Hunger Games, remade with an all black cast.

I love how there isn't one mention of the perps' race in the entire article.

just go to YouTube and search with "Belfast Riots" and get your white youth riot groove on.

No one has time for Sons of Anarchy. We're talking about real life.

Unless some Canadian hockey team or college team loses an important game, we don't see many vandalism and burning of couches or cars or hookers.

Ignorant animals, they want money so the kids have something to do. How about Mom and Dad take care of their kid. Laughable I know....

I drove by when cops were evacuating. There were tons of whites. All kids cause crime. It's what kids do.

How exactly did you distinguish who was legitimately at the mall and who was causing this simply by who was leaving the mall? Not saying you're not right (simple odds would say multiple groups were involved) but curious.

I drove by when cops were evacuating. There were tons of whites. All kids cause crime. It's what kids do.
You may be correct but in all the videos the news showed, it was 95% black kids. And if not, why were the black leaders so involved with trying to find solutions?

How exactly did you distinguish who was legitimately at the mall and who was causing this simply by who was leaving the mall? Not saying you're not right (simple odds would say multiple groups were involved) but curious.
It's not a race issue, it's a kid issue. I hung out at malls at 12. You're broke and bored. It's s safe place, etc. Plus, they are revising their estimates. Wasn't 2,000.

Yea, you're probably right. The media is never biased and always reports the exact truth.
Yeah, you're right. The reporter staged all those black kids running at them outside the Mall. And I'm sure the black leaders were all in on the setup too. DWS

Reactions: UK till Death
What's false?
Probably your claim that they are revising how many were involved. Still saying 1000-2000. Probably not all of them were actually causing problems other than the running, causing panic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT