ADVERTISEMENT

Note to members on conduct

So are all the position coaches bad coaches or is it just Stoops? You’re not clear.

Not sure what you are trying to say but I have NEVER said Stoops was a bad coach, even when a lot of others were saying that in spades.

You have been on here way to long to post garbage like that, you know better.
You have been on here way too long to pretend like your temperamental vacillating between pro-UK and anti-UK has not been noticed by consistent Kentucky fans like Poetax.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueaz
Disagree with the original two sentences, and just as many times a players mistake could be due to poor coaching. Players are much younger, more sensitive, and paid a whole lot less. If a coach can't take the criticism get another job, a player that plays is obviously doing a lot right or he wouldn't be playing.

Really ? So you are saying just because a player is playing, he has to be doing something right, but can never be blamed for losing ? Wow. I guess the old term "look ahead game " or "trap" game was all about coaches. Players are human, they can and do show up and not bring it 100% every game. In the same token, coaches that make a lot of money as you said, well they must be doing something right. Great debate, and in a civil manner. I will never point the finger and blame a loss on player or coach. Missed tackles and leaving people wide open and missed assignments is not coaches fault, but coaches do call a bad game, ill prepare for an opponent, make dumb in game decisions. Just because they make a lot of money, doesn't mean they get blamed 100% of the time. What would be the excuse in the NFL ? Players make more than coaches.

You have been on here way to long to post garbage like that, you know better.

Not trying to play hard ball jauk, like you said we’ve been on here too long for that but what do you want? I agree with you that the administration back in the day did nothing to help football. But now they have so do we let it go or do we just keep battering the program? That’s my only question and please don’t tell me that things are not perfect because I know that. Thanks

Reactions: SECCountry75
Not sure what you are trying to say but I have NEVER said Stoops was a bad coach, even when a lot of others were saying that in spades.

I was coming from your point in the post you wrote “was it because of poor coaching”. I didn’t know what you meant.

Yeah if it walks like a cut nets and talks like a cut nets you’re probably cut nets with still another new name. You are just going to get banned again and again. Good luck with your same old whining crap about Cal.
I think he is also cane...
I actually feel sorry for him. You must be a dark place to troll message boards; especially with numerous names.

So are all the position coaches bad coaches or is it just Stoops? You’re not clear.

I think they are all very good coaches, and more important maybe as a group they are very good recruiters.

You have been on here way too long to pretend like your temperamental vacillating between pro-UK and anti-UK has not been noticed by consistent Kentucky fans like Poetax.

When have I ever been anti-UK, followed them and pulled for them all my long life. What bothers me is that someone that did an absolutely terrible (and stupid) job of supporting football for a full decade (NOTHING over the bare minimum for ten years) gets so much credit for doing what absolutely HAD to be done (LOST over 15,000 season ticket holders AND the donations from many more fans) is suddenly a football hero. The SEC money from OTHER football programs saved us.

I have always said he is a very lucky man, the SEC $40,000,000 a year probably saved us from bankruptcy, you do know we have a loan well over $200,000,000 to pay off for the upgrades when they only cost about $120,000,000, don't you? Without the sudden influx of OVER $40,000,000 a year we very well might have a bankrupt athletic department not even able to match the recruiting budget less than one third of Thug U's in 2010.

And UK deserves very little credit for that flood of money, we didn't even make a bowl game for five straight years. Other SEC teams were improving their programs while we were starving ours to death, even though it was the money cow even then, football cleared $18M in 2010 while the best BB program in the nation with unimaginable support only cleared about $5M. And women's BB LOST over $2M.

Brooks was an advisor in our coach search, saved us tremendous embarrassment by taking the job when no one else wanted it (and doing a great job with the support he had), the same with Joker really, what other coach would have taken the job then with our well publicized "recruiting room" AND our other NON-support at that time? I really think keeping the "recruiting room" for about six years after it was exposed was his way of showing the "microwave fans" who was in charge.

And now, with money to burn, he is a football hero, lol, he would have had a lot more money for his all sports dream IF he had invested even some of the money FOOTBALL made back into football. How much did the loss of over 15,000 season ticket holders AND donations from many more football fans cost us? Still costing us, really.

What is wrong with my logic? It is in the past, forget it hell, the non support put UK FOOTBALL fans through hell, TWO two win seasons, "they sposed to be SEC", FIVE non bowl (less than break even seasons, with four OOC games) seasons.

Doing a good job now, agreed, most dummies walking the streets wouldn't do too bad with $40,000,000 a year rolling in.

When have I ever been anti-UK, followed them and pulled for them all my long life. What bothers me is that someone that did an absolutely terrible (and stupid) job of supporting football for a full decade (NOTHING over the bare minimum for ten years) gets so much credit for doing what absolutely HAD to be done (LOST over 15,000 season ticket holders AND the donations from many more fans) is suddenly a football hero. The SEC money from OTHER football programs saved us.

I have always said he is a very lucky man, the SEC $40,000,000 a year probably saved us from bankruptcy, you do know we have a loan well over $200,000,000 to pay off for the upgrades when they only cost about $120,000,000, don't you? Without the sudden influx of OVER $40,000,000 a year we very well might have a bankrupt athletic department not even able to match the recruiting budget less than one third of Thug U's in 2010.

And UK deserves very little credit for that flood of money, we didn't even make a bowl game for five straight years. Other SEC teams were improving their programs while we were starving ours to death, even though it was the money cow even then, football cleared $18M in 2010 while the best BB program in the nation with unimaginable support only cleared about $5M. And women's BB LOST over $2M.

Brooks was an advisor in our coach search, saved us tremendous embarrassment by taking the job when no one else wanted it (and doing a great job with the support he had), the same with Joker really, what other coach would have taken the job then with our well publicized "recruiting room" AND our other NON-support at that time? I really think keeping the "recruiting room" for about six years after it was exposed was his way of showing the "microwave fans" who was in charge.

And now, with money to burn, he is a football hero, lol, he would have had a lot more money for his all sports dream IF he had invested even some of the money FOOTBALL made back into football. How much did the loss of over 15,000 season ticket holders AND donations from many more football fans cost us? Still costing us, really.

What is wrong with my logic? It is in the past, forget it hell, the non support put UK FOOTBALL fans through hell, TWO two win seasons, "they sposed to be SEC", FIVE non bowl (less than break even seasons, with four OOC games) seasons.

Doing a good job now, agreed, most dummies walking the streets wouldn't do too bad with $40,000,000 a year rolling in.

Generally agree with jauk re: mb and his past lack of support for Football. Everything said about the loss of 15K tickets and donations is true. Everything he says re: lack of focus and spending on Football in the past is true. As for being anti-UK, that's not true at least based on the passion he displays for the program.

mb is the best ad we've had in my lifetime. Overall, compared to other top notch sports schools (obviously Football is the major determinate), his performance has been C-B level. Good recent moves to improve Football but had/still has a big hole to climb out of.

Part of that hole is this: If he does not already have a multi-million $ plan on the boards for updating/improving Football related facilities, programs, addition of coaches, etc...he will get us right back to the level we were in a few years ago. What will keep that from happening? Robbing from Football, the main breadwinner, for the purpose of supporting unnecessary sports. Focus on Football everyday!

I agree with you, jauk, in your assertions about the past. Time to let that go.

Some fans don't have a "higher center in their cerebral cortex". lol. Although I am not that familiar with the cerebral cortex.

It was under your helmet back in the day. I distinctly remember the coach telling you to put the helmet back on after a wobbly knee exit from a game.:smiley:

Reactions: jauk11
They are going to be disappointed
I hope you are right. We will need to score 25-30 points to win tomorrow. Right now, I don't know where those points will come from. I am not going to predict a loss, since our team is in a very fluid stage now and we just had a bye week. But there is great cause for concern because of the injury situation at QB.

Last edited:
I offer criticism when the performance warrants it and praise when it warrants it.

Its like if you read Yelp reviews or perhaps Glassdoor. People arent nearly as inclined to review a restaurant or write a job review when they are pleased. Other then the foodie types who review everywhere they go regardless, most people are spurred to leave a review when they have a terrible experience.

Same thing here. When the gameplan goes as expected, everyones happy. What more is there to say other than hell yes, next team up! When we lose, that's when folks want to figure out why. Its human nature.

Just to clarify and give an example:

Let's use the example of when Stoops decided to kick and extra point instead of going for a 2-point conversion against SC.

Acceptable Response:
"I disagree with Stoops on not going for two. Why wouldn't he? It would have put us within two scores? I just don't agree with conceding the game when time is left."

That's constructive criticism.

Not Acceptable
"Stoops is an idiot! Anybody with a brain knows you go for two, and apparently Stoops doesn't have one!"

So yes, criticism is absolutely welcomed. Bashing is not. It just turns out to be a horrible thread instead of a good debate with everybody respecting the other's opinions, even if they disagree when people choose bashing over criticism.

Most everybody knows this on here, but thought I would throw it out anyway. :)

Just to clarify and give an example:

a good debate with everybody respecting the other's opinions, even if they disagree when people choose bashing over criticism.

Most everybody knows this on here, but thought I would throw it out anyway. :)
this,,,is the biggest issue...so many give the well thought constructive critics an eyeful on how "stupid" they are...that's when the gloves come of and the real trashing begins.

some of the homers have the least respect for any critic of player or coach...jmo

Anyone on here who says he has agreed with everything the coaches do, and all their play calling is not being truthful. Coaches are going to make mistakes, and a lot of UK fans are very knowledgeable about football. You don't have to be knowledgeable to know a WR should be covered when you play Florida. I would bet the coaches noticed that, after the play.
We all have opinions, and I'm sure coaches expect some criticism, but it should NEVER be PERSONAL. Because we disagree, especially after a loss, that doesn't mean that most of us want the coaches fired. It's just human nature to bitch after a loss. I don't look for it to stop. I guarantee you that Christ would be criticized if he was the coach of UK, but the nice part is, he would NEVER lose.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Anyone on here who says he has agreed with everything the coaches do, and all their play calling is not being truthful. Coaches are going to make mistakes, and a lot of UK fans are very knowledgeable about football. You don't have to be knowledgeable to know a WR should be covered when you play Florida. I would bet the coaches noticed that, after the play.
We all have opinions, and I'm sure coaches expect some criticism, but it should NEVER be PERSONAL. Because we disagree, especially after a loss, that doesn't mean that most of us want the coaches fired. It's just human nature to bitch after a loss. I don't look for it to stop. I guarantee you that Christ would be criticized if he was the coach of UK, but the nice part is, he would NEVER lose.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Wasn't Stoops on the field trying to get a timeout when they ran that play. I think I have heard that, been so long I am not sure.

So are we all being forced to subjective in our thoughts on coaching? Are these forums only for recruiting or can we actually talk shop? The last two games kind of reminded me of AM and the Vandy game last year. Difference being our defense. The last five years of the Gran experiment are warrants any criticism thrown his offense ways. If it’s personal shots at him I get it but if you can stick with his mindset and philosophy then I’m not sure what’s the big deal. Either way I’ve never seen so many people drinking the Gran cool-aide.

So are we all being forced to subjective in our thoughts on coaching? Are these forums only for recruiting or can we actually talk shop? The last two games kind of reminded me of AM and the Vandy game last year. Difference being our defense. The last five years of the Gran experiment are warrants any criticism thrown his offense ways. If it’s personal shots at him I get it but if you can stick with his mindset and philosophy then I’m not sure what’s the big deal. Either way I’ve never seen so many people drinking the Gran cool-aide.

Did you ever see any of Gran's teams at UC? His last team was in the top ten offensively. I don't believe the problems we have on offense are due to his lack of ability but to CMS preferred style of play.
IMO, CMS would be completely satisfied with a guy like Elliott Uzelak.

Did you ever see any of Gran's teams at UC? His last team was in the top ten offensively. I don't believe the problems we have on offense are due to his lack of ability but to CMS preferred style of play.
IMO, CMS would be completely satisfied with a guy like Elliott Uzelak.
Stoops is the HC but Gran is the one calling lateral passes and gut runs against an 8-9 man front with safeties 10 yards off the ball. If he can’t get creative or Stoops won’t let him then something has to change. I’ll give credit where credit is due and think they were good to open it up more this year but injuries hurt them. I’m frustrated but was willing to give Gran this season to see if he makes a change. If not I was pretty much done with season tickets. Was just going to buy a parking pass and sit outside and tailgate with friends. Now it looks like I’ll be giving it one more season next year to see if the offense will change. I don’t care how you try and scheme block for a run or lateral pass, when you have 9 guys walked up and safeties that close you’re not picking up many. Those are facts. Specifically in the SEC with all the speed. Why do you think Edwards and LJ were in high demand. Speed and reaction time.

Stoops is the HC but Gran is the one calling lateral passes and gut runs against an 8-9 man front with safeties 10 yards off the ball. If he can’t get creative or Stoops won’t let him then something has to change. I’ll give credit where credit is due and think they were good to open it up more this year but injuries hurt them. I’m frustrated but was willing to give Gran this season to see if he makes a change. If not I was pretty much done with season tickets. Was just going to buy a parking pass and sit outside and tailgate with friends. Now it looks like I’ll be giving it one more season next year to see if the offense will change. I don’t care how you try and scheme block for a run or lateral pass, when you have 9 guys walked up and safeties that close you’re not picking up many. Those are facts. Specifically in the SEC with all the speed. Why do you think Edwards and LJ were in high demand. Speed and reaction time.
You are right but as you say, we are hampered by our ability to do much else with the qb situation as it is. Reminds me of Mumme's team with Bonner at qb. Defenses learned he could not consistently throw the ball downfield, so they started jamming the box.
We don't have on the current roster any backs that can pick up that 3+ we need on each running play when the defense goes all out to stop the run...and we don't have a qb that can throw consistently enough to go over their heads.

IMO, a change does need to be made. CMS needs to tell Gran to do what he did while at UC then let him do it.

We don't have on the current roster any backs that can pick up that 3+ we need on each running play when the defense goes all out to stop the run...
Despite eight defenders in the box consistently to stop the run because our two top QBs are injured, UK is still averaging 4.7 yards per rushing carry. Facts can be very inconvenient.

Despite eight defenders in the box consistently to stop the run because our two top QBs are injured, UK is still averaging 4.7 yards per rushing carry. Facts can be very inconvenient.
and the last I heard we were something like 3-our last 27 third down conversions.The gist of rams statement was correct imo.

Your correct jauk, on one of them, but if you remember, we had two where the WR was uncovered.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

So you think it is the coaches fault the players did not know how / where to line up ? I mean the Db's have a responsibility of knowing they cover a WR. The coach can't run out on the field and put each man where he is suppose to be. The defensive captain is suppose to make sure everyone is in the correct spot. This is a classic example of people blaming coaches for everything, when truth is, some of it falls on the players. If you see a WR spread out to the right or left, the db's should know based on their assignments, to cover the guy based on which side of the field he plays.

521918b88750cf22d0117ac082db818d.jpg

So you think it is the coaches fault the players did not know how / where to line up ? I mean the Db's have a responsibility of knowing they cover a WR. The coach can't run out on the field and put each man where he is suppose to be. The defensive captain is suppose to make sure everyone is in the correct spot. This is a classic example of people blaming coaches for everything, when truth is, some of it falls on the players. If you see a WR spread out to the right or left, the db's should know based on their assignments, to cover the guy based on which side of the field he plays.

I think it is the coaches fault if a player is not covered. That's why you practice. The coaches get a lot of credit for winning, as they should, but they must bear some of the credit for losing. They can't just have it one way.
If the player doesn't know to cover the WR, then the coach shouldn't have him out there. It's not rocket science.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

The buck stops with the guy making millions. If a player doesnt line up consistently correct, its the coaches job to rectify that. They are also responsible for signing these guys, if they are consistently signing guys thay arent smart enough to execute the basics, thats also on them.

Your point is totally valid. And I agree. But in college the buck stops with the coaches. In the pros its a different ballgame.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
I offer criticism when the performance warrants it and praise when it warrants it.

Its like if you read Yelp reviews or perhaps Glassdoor. People arent nearly as inclined to review a restaurant or write a job review when they are pleased. Other then the foodie types who review everywhere they go regardless, most people are spurred to leave a review when they have a terrible experience.

Same thing here. When the gameplan goes as expected, everyones happy. What more is there to say other than hell yes, next team up! When we lose, that's when folks want to figure out why. Its human nature.
To me, it isn't even always inherent negativity from folks. I think "negativity" is one of the most overused phrases on the board.

To me, it isn't even always inherent negativity from folks. I think "negativity" is one of the most overused phrases on the board.
There are some posters who are consistent in their shitposts.

I praise the team when they earn it and criticize them when they earn it. The people who wont heae any criticism whatsoever label the critical posts as constant negativity.

Newsflash folks....UK football aint perfect and this is the board to talk about it

If Lynn plays great tonight, hes gonna get a lot of kudos. If the plans fails, the staff is going to get hell. And both are totally warranted.

Agreed, the coaches are well paid to take it, and familiar enough with it to know they have to simply ignore it. The problem is if there is too much of it some recruit that likes that coach might think he isn't going to be here after he signs to play for him. It can affect recruiting, and we have some others that specialize in criticizing a particular coach------until another one attracts their attention. It usually slows down after a ten win season or disastrous injuries, but not always.
Lol.....if our coaching staff has enough time to check these boards we got problems.

But yes, friends and or family very well may be concerned with some of the reactions on these sites.....until they remember those posters likely aren't on the committee's.
Maybe.

USC just upset Georgia, mostly their defense, maybe their defense isn't as bad as we thought.

Oh, sorry, wrong agenda.

If Lynn plays great tonight, hes gonna get a lot of kudos. If the plans fails, the staff is going to get hell. And both are totally warranted.
Our staff catches hell on this board no matter how well they do. I still remember people cracking pretty hard on them for not going for two after a TD in our Citrus Bowl victory. LOL!

Reactions: jauk11
Recently a thread was removed because it contain over the line wholesale bashing of the coaching staff. As a reminder you CAN provide criticism, so long as there is at least some rationality to it. What you CANNOT do is irrational bashing, name calling and ill-will wishing on the staff or players. No one was banned or warned but we just can't allow that to continue.

This is a Kentucky Fan Board not a clearing house to express your anger over losing football games. No one is happy about things right now but you can't use that as an excuse to unleash you anger in an uncalled for fashion. Your cooperation is appreciated.
In other words you can post as long as we agree with what you post !

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT