ADVERTISEMENT

Note to members on conduct

Deeeefense

Aug 22, 2001
Chattanooga
Recently a thread was removed because it contain over the line wholesale bashing of the coaching staff. As a reminder you CAN provide criticism, so long as there is at least some rationality to it. What you CANNOT do is irrational bashing, name calling and ill-will wishing on the staff or players. No one was banned or warned but we just can't allow that to continue.

This is a Kentucky Fan Board not a clearing house to express your anger over losing football games. No one is happy about things right now but you can't use that as an excuse to unleash you anger in an uncalled for fashion. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I think the real problems are those who wait for bad things to happen and then come out and post the same negative crap after every loss. Of course they disappeared last year during football season, they can’t seem to enjoy UK success in football or basketball.

Gump said, stupid is as stupid does. Was he describing this forum. There's a great difference in constructive criticism and personal vendettas.

I try to keep it positive, but I've been guilty of bashing the coaches after a bad loss or play. I try to never bash a player. Big difference in my mind between criticizing the coaches and criticizing the players.

Way too much irrational bashing goes on. Some people type as a reflexive emotional outlet, without filtering it through higher centers in their cerebral cortex first. It makes the board less interesting for analytical fans.

Some fans don't have a "higher center in their cerebral cortex". lol. Although I am not that familiar with the cerebral cortex.

Last edited:
I offer criticism when the performance warrants it and praise when it warrants it.

Its like if you read Yelp reviews or perhaps Glassdoor. People arent nearly as inclined to review a restaurant or write a job review when they are pleased. Other then the foodie types who review everywhere they go regardless, most people are spurred to leave a review when they have a terrible experience.

Same thing here. When the gameplan goes as expected, everyones happy. What more is there to say other than hell yes, next team up! When we lose, that's when folks want to figure out why. Its human nature.

I try to keep it positive, but I've been guilty of bashing the coaches after a bad loss or play. I try to never bash a player. Big difference in my mind between criticizing the coaches and criticizing the players.

Agreed, the coaches are well paid to take it, and familiar enough with it to know they have to simply ignore it. The problem is if there is too much of it some recruit that likes that coach might think he isn't going to be here after he signs to play for him. It can affect recruiting, and we have some others that specialize in criticizing a particular coach------until another one attracts their attention. It usually slows down after a ten win season or disastrous injuries, but not always.

Reactions: billoliver40

Actually there really is not. Both represent the University of KY. And, a lot of the times a poster will unmercifully bash the coaching staff, when in all reality, they where not the ones performing on the field. I give my opinion both good and bad of a coach or a player, but name calling and over the top , non stop bashing of anyone if just not called for. Not ONE of the players or coaches want to play bad or worse, lose.

Reactions: rupp876
Actually there really is not. Both represent the University of KY. And, a lot of the times a poster will unmercifully bash the coaching staff, when in all reality, they where not the ones performing on the field. I give my opinion both good and bad of a coach or a player, but name calling and over the top , non stop bashing of anyone if just not called for. Not ONE of the players or coaches want to play bad or worse, lose.
I don't know that I've ever seen anyone on here calling anyone on the team or staff names. Certainly not persistently, v an isolated incident which some internet sleuth will no doubt dig up as rebuttal.

I'll say this much, if these guys are big enough to start taking money above the table to play, they're big enough to take criticism. At that point you're semi-pro. Tennis players can go pro when they are in their mid teens. This notion that they're too young to hear any criticism is, well, bunk to be quite frank.

That doesn't mean over the top, pure bashing and hateful garbage is OK. It's not. And the idiots who write them online, do us all a favor, and go jump off a bridge.

I guess what I'm saying is there's zero reason you can't criticize a guy who is visibly dogging it, or consistently missing tackles, or whatever else etc. But do it in a responsible manner. As for the coaches, like I said in my first post, praise 'em when they deserve it and criticize them when they deserve it. They are paid more than enough to deal with it. And when they're getting paid what they are, it is absolutely not unreasonable for fans to expect results.

If we lose at home to a below avg Hog squad you Mods will earn your $ for sure.
Viscerally angry and viscerally negative posters will always get out ahead of their skis with their criticisms, because that is who they are. They post because they can. It does not take much intelligence to see that Wilson is OFTS and Smith is far less than 100% with his injuries. But a person must be willing to use his head and apply common sense. Requiring constant perfection from others is a sign of extreme insecurity and a fundamental lack of fairness.

Actually, he's not going to be able to. ;-)

Two other screen names created since last Friday as well.

We use the word troll on here a lot but he was here only to cause trouble but he will be back. It’s someone like Cut Nets, you can bet on that.

Reactions: CatCreek24
I feel like Cut-Nets predictions, especially in regards to Calipari, have turned out to be true.

10 seasons.......1 title? Hmmm

Hey, still yet, he’s got an impressive list of pros. Kentucky and Cal are the best at producing pros. Can’t argue with you guys there

Yeah if it walks like a cut nets and talks like a cut nets you’re probably cut nets with still another new name. You are just going to get banned again and again. Good luck with your same old whining crap about Cal.

I don't know that I've ever seen anyone on here calling anyone on the team or staff names. Certainly not persistently, v an isolated incident which some internet sleuth will no doubt dig up as rebuttal.

I'll say this much, if these guys are big enough to start taking money above the table to play, they're big enough to take criticism. At that point you're semi-pro. Tennis players can go pro when they are in their mid teens. This notion that they're too young to hear any criticism is, well, bunk to be quite frank.

That doesn't mean over the top, pure bashing and hateful garbage is OK. It's not. And the idiots who write them online, do us all a favor, and go jump off a bridge.

I guess what I'm saying is there's zero reason you can't criticize a guy who is visibly dogging it, or consistently missing tackles, or whatever else etc. But do it in a responsible manner. As for the coaches, like I said in my first post, praise 'em when they deserve it and criticize them when they deserve it. They are paid more than enough to deal with it. And when they're getting paid what they are, it is absolutely not unreasonable for fans to expect results.

Do you think any of those players aren't even trying? And don't you think they are embarrassed by their failures? And if the coaches didn't think they were the best option available they would be on the bench?

These are relatively young people, they are in a big spotlight where their failures are seen by many, even the VERY FEW on here that could play better than they do haven't been perfect.

Reactions: JC CATS
Yeah if it walks like a cut nets and talks like a cut nets you’re probably cut nets with still another new name. You are just going to get banned again and again. Good luck with your same old whining crap about Cal.

The best cut-nets prediction of all time was when he said Ryan Mossakowski was signing with aTm out of JUCO and was going to come back to "light us up!" Of course, Moss never had an aTm or any other FBS offer, and in fact had maybe only 3 FCS offers. He wound up at Lamar, who was restarting their dormant program. He started a few games, then lost his job to a walk-on freshman and never got it back.

Disagree with the original two sentences, and just as many times a players mistake could be due to poor coaching. Players are much younger, more sensitive, and paid a whole lot less. If a coach can't take the criticism get another job, a player that plays is obviously doing a lot right or he wouldn't be playing.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
The best cut-nets prediction of all time was when he said Ryan Mossakowski was signing with aTm out of JUCO and was going to come back to "light us up!" Of course, Moss never had an aTm or any other FBS offer, and in fact had maybe only 3 FCS offers. He wound up at Lamar, who was restarting their dormant program. He started a few games, then lost his job to a walk-on freshman and never got it back.

Cut nets was and still is the dumbest poster ever on this site no matter what his new names are, lol.

Yep he and Gumminator were internet AAs. I saw him play in one practice and posted Morgan Newton (!) was way better and no one would believe me

The way I look at it. If this is what gets you through the day and through life is to log onto a message board for the sole reason to post negative BS. Then that really tells me what kind of person and what kind of life you live. If you’re proud of doing that stuff then I almost feel sorry for you. Because your life is lower that a slimy snail that crawls over a rock and underneath one. Just a slimy piece of S$$$.

I’m not referring to posters that get caught up in the moment. I’m talking about the ones that only post Negative BS non stop about our staff and players. They know who they are.

Reactions: Poetax
Disagree with the original two sentences, and just as many times a players mistake could be due to poor coaching. Players are much younger, more sensitive, and paid a whole lot less. If a coach can't take the criticism get another job, a player that plays is obviously doing a lot right or he wouldn't be playing.

So are all the position coaches bad coaches or is it just Stoops? You’re not clear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rembrandt90
ADVERTISEMENT