ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern getting screwed

BTW,

i don't understand why they can't just go back and review this... they still have time.

At least give that 2 points. I would go so far as to take away the tech, but at least give that two points.

Also, Northwestern is getting away with a lot of hanging on the rim. They'll get a tech if they do another one.

Reactions: d2atTech
NW hanging on the rim twice with no one near them.

Collins should be arrested after this game for assaulting the refs. Seriously, he should punch out one of those clowns. And some still claim refs have no impact on a game outcome. Shameful officiating.

Collins should be arrested after this game for assaulting the refs. Seriously, he should punch out one of those clowns. And some still claim refs have no impact on a game outcome. Shameful officiating.
I would have been fired and never been able to coach again after that shit. Unbelievable turn of events. Soul crushing for those players on NW.

I don't feel sorry for them at all, up until that call they were getting the Duke treatment. I think they are unequivocally the next Duke.

Checklist:

1). Elitist
2). Yankee
3). Former Duke assistant
4). Media Darlings
5). Alumni in the media

Can someone make a meme of that crying kid in a UL shirt and the older brother next to him wearing UK? That would about sum up the difference between UK and City College.

That's why I hate referees. He clearly missed a call. We get it, you miss calls, but when you do don't get all butthurt when people react to it. So he misses a call that affects NW, then he punishes them even more for his mistake bc they saw he missed it. Completely changed momentum.

Refs cost Northwestern the game. It was bad enough to miss a blatant goaltending, but to also call a tech was terrible.

The no call was terrible.

But not going to excuse the technical. Bad calls happen all the time. Every game. Doesn't give coaches reason to run on court and toward the ref like that. Need to nip these future Bobby Knights and Coach Ks in the bud. And this being a former Dukie, you know that's his trajectory.

Losing that game falls on coach alone. You can't act like you have PMS and screw your team like that.

Ncaa responded, yet it had to be through letter statement, bc we know only players and coaches are man enough to answer questions on their actions in person to media. The way I see it is he missed a call, fine, but then he punishes NW even more bc of his mistake. He didn't get penalized for his mistake, Collins did.

How come they can't review a call like that, but they can look at the monitor to see if a three point shot was correct?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT