ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina Scandal Etc

Were any of McCants' classes on his transcript identified as Type A classes by Martin, or fraudulent by Wainstein?

Were any of McCants' classes on his transcript identified as Type A classes by Martin, or fraudulent by Wainstein?

I ran across this article on the subject:

http://www.tarheelblog.com/2014/6/7/5788400/willingham-leaks-afam-grades-of-2005-title-team

Data she provided to The News & Observer show that five members of that team, including at least four key players, accounted for a combined 38 enrollments in classes that have been identified as confirmed or suspected lecture classes that never met. The data also show that the five athletes accounted for 13 enrollments that were accurately identified as independent studies.

Those classes are also suspect because for much of the last decade, the department offered far more independent studies than it could properly supervise, previous reviews have shown.

I ran across this article on the subject:

http://www.tarheelblog.com/2014/6/7/5788400/willingham-leaks-afam-grades-of-2005-title-team

Data she provided to The News & Observer show that five members of that team, including at least four key players, accounted for a combined 38 enrollments in classes that have been identified as confirmed or suspected lecture classes that never met. The data also show that the five athletes accounted for 13 enrollments that were accurately identified as independent studies.

Those classes are also suspect because for much of the last decade, the department offered far more independent studies than it could properly supervise, previous reviews have shown.

I find it completely hysterical that bobby wants to argue vehemently that the classes weren't fraudulent. ONLY at UNC can a lecture class never meet and be a legit class for credit.

I find it completely hysterical that bobby wants to argue vehemently that the classes weren't fraudulent. ONLY at UNC can a lecture class never meet and be a legit class for credit.

Bobbi is not discussing in good faith any longer. Kinda what you'd expect from a lawyer that got their education in the penitentiary in preparation for a barrage of frivolous law suits. The only proof he accepts is from his source, using exactly his words in response to exactly his questions. In my line of work, that fails to constitute anything resembling peer review. Such an approach would be dismissed as intentionally misleading and fraudulent. Two words which describe Bobbi Perv pretty accurately I think. I find he no longer merits even the slightest respect.

Of course, the classes were fraudulent. SACS didn't put them on probation for serving bad coffee. In the most simple of searches, the first link returned: http://college.usatoday.com/2015/06/11/unc-probation-accreditation-agency/ revealed the following paragraph:

The secondary review was precipitated by the October 22, 2014 release of the Wainstein Report, which revealed extensive academic fraud and detailed the workings of the “paper classes” scheme, a covert operation under which 3,100 students — nearly half of whom were student-athletes — took classes without faculty involvement, attendance requirements or legitimate coursework obligations.

Even a mediocre news rag like usatoday can get this right. You don't use words like "academic fraud", "paper classes" and "covert operation" to describe accredited classes and/or programs. There are 100's if not 1000's of articles out there saying the same thing. None of which Bobbi Perv reads, apparently.

Will the NCAA see it this way? Who knows what they will do. As I've stated many times, the NCAA is not held to any standard nor bound to due process. There is lies Bobbi Perv's greatest hope. The NCAA is as incompetent as the institution in North Carolina is shameful. I think its pretty clear that Bobbi would sell his soul for compelling evidence which would lessen the penalties levied against the cheats in NC. Lacking that, he'll write anything to make himself feel better. Must be very sad and pathetic to be like that.

The way I see it, we can hardly lose. If the NCAA crushes the NC scum as they deserve, we have the best outcome. If they don't then the NCAA will gut their own organization starting what I hope turns into the beginning of their end. Hopefully what ever replaces it will make for a better playing field for both the schools and the athletes. Also maybe that organization will save us all the embarrassment of associating with filth like NC.

Bobbi is not discussing in good faith any longer. Kinda what you'd expect from a lawyer that got their education in the penitentiary in preparation for a barrage of frivolous law suits. The only proof he accepts is from his source, using exactly his words in response to exactly his questions. In my line of work, that fails to constitute anything resembling peer review. Such an approach would be dismissed as intentionally misleading and fraudulent. Two words which describe Bobbi Perv pretty accurately I think. I find he no longer merits even the slightest respect.

I know 2 people who are leaders in a religious organization who claim publicly to have accredited Ph.D's. The Ph.D's were granted by a diploma mill in Florida, which is accredited by a diploma mill organization. The Ph.D program is a few months, a ton of money and a 10 page paper! I have very little respect for those two people. I have even less for Bobby and his cohorts at UNC who are trying to justify the UNC diploma mill for athletes.

JPScott, what is your prediction of what will happen to UNC?

I have no idea what will happen to UNC because I have no faith in the NCAA as they've shown in the past to be extremely uneven in the punishments they've handed out.

One thing I do know about UNC is that they've demonstrated their willingness to sacrifice anything and everything in order to preserve their basketball records, and in the process the reputation that they've cultivated over the past few decades is already shot.

The main thing I'm curious about going forward is how much collateral damage will occur to people at the school, people in the NCAA, people in the media etc. It could get very ugly and could potentially bring down the entire organization.

A few Duke fans are starting to turn on Bilas over his relentless shilling for UNCheat. I read the thread on it at their rivals board, and they show a few tweets from this guy named Bradley Bethel who praises Bilas for his comments about this issue. Bethel actually quit his job to make a documentary about how the media is sensationalizing and lying about this scandal. Wow.
Media sensationalizing? There's been more written and reported about Louisville in 2 weeks than North Carolina in 23 years,

There is however one difference concerning the NCAA's uneven rulings in the past . At no point has their ruling been watched over with an interested eye by the government . In the past the NCAA ruled as the end all be all without apology for bizarre rulings or no ruling at all .

This scandal can have implications for the NCAA should they pull one of their bull ish rulings that would have most certainly happened otherwise . I still think they will bend over backwards to avoid ruling appropriately on UNC but I also think they have to put some teeth into it to get their own butt off the hook .

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/12/us/ncaa-academic-fraud/

The above article gives one of my reason why I think UNC and UL get off easy.
Ka-ching!!!
images

From what I am reading, I think Bradley Bethel's documentary is dead in the water unless he wants to make a complete idiot of himself. Oh well, he has already done that so I guess doing it again is no big deal.

"A 2008 email from an assistant dean in the academic advising program warned that the university could no longer code students as full-time if they were enrolled in fewer than 12 hours of courses.

"We have recently learned that this can no longer happen because it 'violates the law' in some way," the assistant dean wrote. "Our office will need to know from you what procedure to follow in January for student-athletes who may be affected by this new policy."

Read more at http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc-re...mic-fraud-probe/15004225/#43WBaaugRRs6cOGC.99

Interesting to know what they refer to as "violates the law in some way" and for how long it had been going on?

Either they're talking about NCAA regulations regarding the requirement for a minimum number of credits a player must be taking during a semester, or more ominously for the school they're talking about classification of students as full-time for the purpose of Pell Grants. (or maybe something else?)

Either way it could prove to be a huge issue for the school, assuming someone investigates it properly.

As for Bethel and his documentary, it will be interesting to see who he interviews from UNC and cross-reference that against the literally millions of documents which are being released as part of the Wainstein investigation, to see what these people were actually up to as opposed to what they might claim in the documentary.

Interesting to know what they refer to as "violates the law in some way" and for how long it had been going on?

Either they're talking about NCAA regulations regarding the requirement for a minimum number of credits a player must be taking during a semester, or more ominously for the school they're talking about classification of students as full-time for the purpose of Pell Grants. (or maybe something else?)

Either way it could prove to be a huge issue for the school, assuming someone investigates it properly.

As for Bethel and his documentary, it will be interesting to see who he interviews from UNC and cross-reference that against the literally millions of documents which are being released as part of the Wainstein investigation, to see what these people were actually up to as opposed to what they might claim in the documentary.

Also, there is the email from Robert Mercer to Academics in which he requested, "Please send me a list of your ineligible students along with their summer eligibility plan. Thank you. RJM"

Does ineligible refer to athletes? If so, did they compete while ineligible? Lots and lots of questions. This new release is going to drive Bethel crazy. I honestly don't think the guy had a clue what he was getting into.

http://www.scout.com/college/north-...-saga-strongly-recommend-page-2?s=178&page=29

Ka-ching!!!
images
"It's self-policing, and investigations only go as far as the universities want them to."

So what is the Purpose of even having a governing body in the NCAA?

Do we really need them in order to put on the NCAA Tournament every year and collect MILLIONS? that appears what they are setting themselves up for.

UNC guilty of the biggest academic scandal in NCAA history.
UL and Pitino knee deep in a prostitution scandal that could see a hall of fame coach fired
UK loading up on recruits and final fours

UK fans ....take a moment to take this all in. It may not get better than this.

I have no idea what will happen to UNC because I have no faith in the NCAA as they've shown in the past to be extremely uneven in the punishments they've handed out.

One thing I do know about UNC is that they've demonstrated their willingness to sacrifice anything and everything in order to preserve their basketball records, and in the process the reputation that they've cultivated over the past few decades is already shot..

I hope our little buddy, Bobby, reads that because he said that is NOT your position on this matter. I think our little buddy has some reading comprehension problems.

Reactions: jarms24
I'm reading from 2013 the reason UNC did not fight the reinstatement of PJ Hairston was partly due to the facts of his misdoings coming out in public and no longer sealed confidential within the NCAA paperwork.
So nothing is exposed on that issue, and UNC will only state they couldn't come to an agreement with the NCAA to request reinstatement.

One of Bubba's first acts was to not push for Hairston's return as it would open up more data for the media to thumb through.

Gov Martin's weak retraction when trying to push his book:

And former Governor Jim Martin writes a book, then states he 'misspoke' about athletic allegations as he tried to tie to academics only:
In the new book, “Catalyst: Jim Martin and the Rise of North Carolina Republicans,” Martin says, “I could have said, ‘Not only is it an extraordinary athletic scandal, but it is also an incredibly damaging academic scandal.’”

Excuses continue to be made to keep this scandal to a minimum exposure.

Call me crazy, but I would like to think they could have put that $7.5 million to MUCH better use . . . educating students.

http://abc11.com/education/unc-$75m--spent-on-legal-pr-from-academic-scandal/1051987/

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WTVD) --

UNC Chapel Hill said they spent over $7.5 million on legal, PR expenses to date from the recent academic scandal.

UNC posted detailed information on the Carolina Commitment website in response to a public records request from The News & Observer seeking "legal/public relations bills for the UNC scandal."

The university said it estimates they spent approximately $7,565,940 to date for services from three law firms and one public relations agency.

The bills from the law firms came from mid-2014 and mid-2015. One of the law firm's invoices dated back to late 2012, according to UNC.

Last November, UNC said they spent over $3 million on the 131-page Kenneth Wainstein investigation, which uncovered 18 years of academic fraud at the university.

In those 18 years, the report showed 3,100 students were enrolled in paper classes, many of them were athletes. Those classes required little to no work. Over the span of almost two decades, the report showed student athletes were steered toward those classes to boost their grades and eligibility.

No state-appropriated or tuition dollars are being used for the expenses, according to the university.

In the release, UNC said that it is common for major universities to hire outside firms and that it is more cost-effective than hiring additional permanent staff.

The university said they are "responding to an unprecedented combination of simultaneous issues," which include:

• Pending class-action lawsuits from former student-athletes and former employees.

• A pending NCAA investigation.

• A pending review of academic reforms from the South Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, a regional accrediting agency.

• Two public records requests - the largest in university history. Lawfirm Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP compiled a database of almost 1.7 million unique electronic records which was about 5 million pages.

• A sharply rising volume of regular public records requests.

• Pending personnel reviews resulting from the 2014 Wainstein report.

• Leadership transitions in the Office of University Counsel because the vice chancellor and general counsel left to accept positions at other institutions.

Reactions: jarms24 and BBUK
Call me crazy, but I would like to think they could have put that $7.5 million to MUCH better use . . . educating students.

http://abc11.com/education/unc-$75m--spent-on-legal-pr-from-academic-scandal/1051987/

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WTVD) --

UNC Chapel Hill said they spent over $7.5 million on legal, PR expenses to date from the recent academic scandal.

UNC posted detailed information on the Carolina Commitment website in response to a public records request from The News & Observer seeking "legal/public relations bills for the UNC scandal."

The university said it estimates they spent approximately $7,565,940 to date for services from three law firms and one public relations agency.

The bills from the law firms came from mid-2014 and mid-2015. One of the law firm's invoices dated back to late 2012, according to UNC.

Last November, UNC said they spent over $3 million on the 131-page Kenneth Wainstein investigation, which uncovered 18 years of academic fraud at the university.

In those 18 years, the report showed 3,100 students were enrolled in paper classes, many of them were athletes. Those classes required little to no work. Over the span of almost two decades, the report showed student athletes were steered toward those classes to boost their grades and eligibility.

No state-appropriated or tuition dollars are being used for the expenses, according to the university.

In the release, UNC said that it is common for major universities to hire outside firms and that it is more cost-effective than hiring additional permanent staff.

The university said they are "responding to an unprecedented combination of simultaneous issues," which include:

• Pending class-action lawsuits from former student-athletes and former employees.

• A pending NCAA investigation.

• A pending review of academic reforms from the South Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, a regional accrediting agency.

• Two public records requests - the largest in university history. Lawfirm Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP compiled a database of almost 1.7 million unique electronic records which was about 5 million pages.

• A sharply rising volume of regular public records requests.

• Pending personnel reviews resulting from the 2014 Wainstein report.

• Leadership transitions in the Office of University Counsel because the vice chancellor and general counsel left to accept positions at other institutions.
The people of North Carolina should be calling for heads to roll.

classification of students as full-time for the purpose of Pell Grants. (or maybe something else?)

This is what has politicians and powers to be worried now. If this is looked into (Feds), it could bring the whole UNC system down. Don't be fooled, lots of worried people in NC right now. The fraud classes are nothing compared to the crap that fraud of Pell grants,etc would be. This has gone beyond just a UNCCH problem, which UNCheat administrators have caused. UNC President asked to leave NOW, instead of 2 months from now, UNC System chairman of the board resigned TODAY. The rats are abandoning ship. North Carolina legislature is involved now behind the scenes. Bubba and Roy have to be worried.

The best part of that letter was noting that "they could NO LONGER certify" that those athletes taking less than 12 credit hours were full time students. That they were "breaking some" stinking obscure law or sump'in. That is so laughable.

Okay, just when I thought the comedy was over, I read this tweet from Bradley Bethel:

"No one knew Crowder was managing classes without Nyang'oro's direction. Counselors thought she was an approved TA."

[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]Seriously, if this were true, the counselors at UNC had to be quite pathetic!

Here are the MINIMUM credentials needed to be a TA at UNC:

http://hr.unc.edu/policies-procedur...s-for-instruction-of-academic-credit-courses/

Okay, just when I thought the comedy was over, I read this tweet from Bradley Bethel:

"No one knew Crowder was managing classes without Nyang'oro's direction. Counselors thought she was an approved TA."

[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]Seriously, if this were true, the counselors at UNC had to be quite pathetic!

I can't quit laughing! I keep thinking that apparently the UNC counselors thought that Crowder was getting an AFAM Ph.D. Crowder, by her own admission, struggled in school and wasn't all that academic.

So, were the counselors all thinking that since Peppers and McCants could earn A's in AFAM, someone who was academically challenged, like Crowder, could get a Ph.D in AFAM while working full time as a secretary?

[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

In 20 years, not ONE of the counselors wondered if Crowder were a legit TA? Were they really that stupid that they didn't know what a REAL TA was?

[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

This is what has politicians and powers to be worried now. If this is looked into (Feds), it could bring the whole UNC system down. Don't be fooled, lots of worried people in NC right now. The fraud classes are nothing compared to the crap that fraud of Pell grants,etc would be. This has gone beyond just a UNCCH problem, which UNCheat administrators have caused. UNC President asked to leave NOW, instead of 2 months from now, UNC System chairman of the board resigned TODAY. The rats are abandoning ship. North Carolina legislature is involved now behind the scenes. Bubba and Roy have to be worried.
Umm, this is huge!

The new UNC President is Margaret Spellings. I think Folt also needs to be worried. Unlike Folt, Spellings is competent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Spellings

I'm reading from 2013 the reason UNC did not fight the reinstatement of PJ Hairston was partly due to the facts of his misdoings coming out in public and no longer sealed confidential within the NCAA paperwork.
So nothing is exposed on that issue, and UNC will only state they couldn't come to an agreement with the NCAA to request reinstatement.

One of Bubba's first acts was to not push for Hairston's return as it would open up more data for the media to thumb through.

Where were you reading about this? In the new data dump? Do you have a link?

FWIW, I've always thought that UNC claims that they were looking to reinstate Hairston was a sham from the get go, and said so at the time.

They literally strung him along simply to avoid taking a hit on their APR if Hairston had dropped out of school. As it was they strung him along for the first semester, lying to him that they would try to get him reinstated to ensure that he remained in class the first semester while not lifting a finger to petition the NCAA over the case.

But once the semester break was over and the grades were in, they dropped the case altogether, throwing him in the dumpster like a load of rotting vegetables. Perfect timing, for them.

Too bad none of the national media were bright enough to understand what happened.

I hope our little buddy, Bobby, reads that because he said that is NOT your position on this matter. I think our little buddy has some reading comprehension problems.

Sorry but I stopped trying to talk sense into Bobby and put him on ignore.

And I should say that I don't mind a spirited debate with rival fans. But he never seemed capable of actually having a honest discussion or true debate. Instead he would endlessly ask questions for no purpose, deliberately misinterpret just about everything, and at the end of the day run and hide whenever he was cornered, only to reappear weeks later and act like nothing happened.

For all his posts, I don't know that he once made a valid point.

I continue to believe that this documentary is a bad bad idea. First, I suspected early on that Bethel was being fed some confidential information that was not publicly available. He was putting it in his blog. Then, at one point, he referred to the office of provost as "we."

When we see the film, we will know who was feeding him info and who his contacts are. And, as you said, we can then examine them in light of the newly released info.

I also wonder how he is going to deal with Willingham and Smith. Putting that kind of information in a documentary could open the door for a major lawsuit.

Finally, besides the risks of new information contradicting the points of the film, the risk of unintended consequences of the film is high. I once alienated a group I was publicly supporting because of unintended consequences.

Where were you reading about this? In the new data dump? Do you have a link?

FWIW, I've always thought that UNC claims that they were looking to reinstate Hairston was a sham from the get go, and said so at the time.

They literally strung him along simply to avoid taking a hit on their APR if Hairston had dropped out of school. As it was they strung him along for the first semester, lying to him that they would try to get him reinstated to ensure that he remained in class the first semester while not lifting a finger to petition the NCAA over the case.

But once the semester break was over and the grades were in, they dropped the case altogether, throwing him in the dumpster like a load of rotting vegetables. Perfect timing, for them.

Too bad none of the national media were bright enough to understand what happened.

I found this Jon as I didn't retain the original link of that discussion:

http://www.bbcboards.net/north-carolina-bass-club/434218-i-almost-feel-sorry-unc-3.html

It was being discussed on these boards as if it came from a corresponding article.

Other interesting tidbits:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/unc-scandal/article28708351.html

Martin now uncovers that he misspoke about athletic officials alerting academics about misgivings with AFAM classes. Now that the Weinstein report blew his cover for the athletic dept, Martin NOW recalls no one in athletics spoke up about the sham.

Sure sounds like a politician when other documents come out to refute the original tales he told.

http://chapelboro.com/featured/unc-cost-associated-with-wainstein-report-top-10-million/

Interesting only in that this will be the UNC defense in that they went to great extent to expose this instead of outsiders forcing more investigation into this sham.\

A terrific recap of Julius Peppers and his all-academic successes along with what the Martin report decided to 'fail' to investigate, namely the # of athletes involved and the hundreds, yes, hundreds of grade changes.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football-news/4410934-unc-academic-scandal-julius-peppers-african-studies?modid=http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&ved=0CEcQFjAHahUKEwjazciO1eLIAhWMSSYKHRkGAQY&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmobile.sportingnews.com%2Farticle%2F4410934-unc-academic-scandal-julius-peppers-african-studies&usg=AFQjCNGuotoat2moZ77z2ta2ILhddUdIhg&sig2=VNZ5JXcZ9_opwupNqr8ncQ&utm_referrer=http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&ved=0CEcQFjAHahUKEwjazciO1eLIAhWMSSYKHRkGAQY&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmobile.sportingnews.com%2Farticle%2F4410934-unc-academic-scandal-julius-peppers-african-studies&usg=AFQjCNGuotoat2moZ77z2ta2ILhddUdIhg&sig2=VNZ5JXcZ9_opwupNqr8ncQ

Last edited:
I have always thought that Pell Grant fraud and the coordinated orchestrated faking learning disabilities were the two most damaging aspects in a withering blizzard of that out-of-control institution.

Bottom line is when a university is so corrupt that it is impossible to keep up with all their scams, underhanded dealings, lies, propaganda, and corruption that even after careful study you still cannot fully grasp the overwhelming amount of cheating that occurred there, then how can that be anything else other than a complete utter lack of any form of institutional control?

There needs to be a higher punishment where you identify that an entire university, law enforcement, judiciary, and the whole political system of an entire state has been hijacked by alumni and boosters on steroids for their warped sense of sporting accomplishments that has spun horribly awry for decades.

Call it "Lack of Fundamental Ability to Function at any Level in any Segment of the Whole North Carolina Establishment Because it Exists Top-to-bottom for the Exclusive and Sole Purpose of Athletic Accomplishment" Death Penalty.

Think about if for a moment. In all the years and all the millions spent on investigations they actually have barely scratched the surface of everything that has gone on there. It boggles the mind at what they were up to. How horrendous it is what they have done and thus far gotten away with if for no other reason than it is practically impossible to fathom.

This is from 2010 BEFORE the scandal was exposed...

http://www.indystar.com/article/20100402/SPORTS0609/4020331/They-got-game-do-NCAA-players-graduate-

That's my major, too

North Carolina, which has the most Final Four appearances and players during the time measured, had the fourth-highest graduation rate of its Final Four players -- 79 percent.

But the university's graduates -- and most notably its 2005 NCAA championship team -- raise questions about "clustering."

Simply put, clustering is when a high percentage of teammates receive the same degree. Among North Carolina's graduates, communications and Afro-American and African studies stand out as the majors of choice.

From the 2005 team, all seven Tar Heels who graduated had the same major -- Afro-American and African studies.

That includes Sean May of the Sacramento Kings, the Bloomington prep star and son of former IU star Scott May. Sean May entered the NBA after three years in college, capped by an NCAA title in 2005. He graduated last summer.

May said he started as a double major with communications, but dropped it so he could graduate faster after leaving for the NBA.

Afro-American and African studies, May said, offered "more independent electives, independent study. I could take a lot of classes during the season. Communications, I had to be there in the actual classroom. We just made sure all the classes I had to take, I could take during the summer."

Otto, the head of the Drake Group, said her concern with clustering is that it raises questions about whether athletes are being directed to a path of least academic resistance.

"I'm fascinated at the longevity of North Carolina's clustering," Otto said. "It's unbelievable." Lennon of the NCAA declined to comment, saying it's a campus issue.

John Blanchard, senior associate athletic director at North Carolina, said it's reasonable that people in a peer group might gravitate to the same major. He said clustering "just doesn't bother us here."

"The question is whether they are getting a good education," he said, "and the answer is a resounding yes."

Makes me wonder if they hired him to shut him up...

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com...ired-a-beneficiary-of-uncs-paper-class-scheme

As you may have heard, UNC has hired Sean May as an assistant basketball coach.

May of course had a brilliant career at UNC. He was superb and helped UNC win the 2005 national championship. And as Ol' Roy Williams says, he was a very smart player as well.

However.

May was one of the players at UNC who may have benefitted from the paper classes. In fact, we distinctly remember him saying at one point that he was able to take a lot of independent study classes which helped him free up time to concentrate on basketball. Does anyone else remember that?

So our feeling is this. If he's going to become a coach at UNC, it's incumbent upon him and upon the basketball program and university to clear this up right away: did he ever take paper classes? Is his degree from UNC legitimate?

For his part, May can do this by releasing his transcripts. Did he take any AFAM independent study classes? Five players on that team were implicated. Is he one of them?

Normally hiring a coach is not a big deal, but in this case, the new coach may - and we repeat may (with no pun intended (but we'll take credit anyway) - have a degree he didn't earn and been a participant in a terrible academic scandal. The public, and more importantly taxpayers, have a right to know the truth here.

The best move for May, again, is to fully release his transcripts. He doesn't need to necessarily release his grades, just the classes he took. If there's nothing there, then there's nothing there. But if AFAM paper classes are listed, everyone deserves a better explanation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT