ADVERTISEMENT

Noooooo damnit

Make Cal take a physical starting with the brain. No way is he in his right mind and then we can get rid of him for health reasons.

I just don’t believe that. If they wanted to come up with that over a six year period, it wouldn’t be difficult
Maybe, but that’s just to get Cal to go away. It doesn’t include the top salary we’d have to pay a replacement or potentially the buyout we’d have to pay their former school depending on who we offer. That all adds up to something the boosters would probably be uncomfortable with even if there is a lot of money being thrown around in modern sports.

There’s not a fraction of a chance in hell that Calipari will be UK’s HC next season! Zero, zip, zilch, nada, nil, love, goose egg, ain’t F’n happening!

Lexington will burn to the ground before that happens!

Cal would have to be a super psychopath to attempt to endure another train wreck, as would Mitch, Eli, and all of the boosters that matter!

Be patient, Cal will NOT BE BACK at UK💯💯💯

Why are there so many scared fans on here? Some of you believe everything in print. UK can afford this and Cal will be gone but it’s going to take a few days. Last night was horrible so don’t make yourself sick by believing everything you read. 👍

Maybe, but that’s just to get Cal to go away. It doesn’t include the top salary we’d have to pay a replacement or potentially the buyout we’d have to pay their former school depending on who we offer. That all adds up to something the boosters would probably be uncomfortable with even if there is a lot of money being thrown around in modern sports.
They could pull it off. When you look at the revenue numbers from even just football alone, it’s amazing how much money is brought in.

How much does the Commonwealth lose if we start losing TV deals from sucking? From lost ticket sales. Lost merch?
Lot of egos need to suck it up and do what's RIGHT for Kentucky Basketball.

Why are there so many scared fans on here? Some of you believe everything in print. UK can afford this and Cal will be gone but it’s going to take a few days. Last night was horrible so don’t make yourself sick by believing everything you read. 👍
Because Tucker, love him or hate him has good sources. And is usually spot on.

Reactions: G-PIP and NociHTTP
I posted that in the other thread. How is it possible UK doesn't have 5-6 million or so a year to pay him off? Isn't Cal making 9M a year now? So 45 Million over 5 years or 33 million over 5 years. We'd be saving 4 million a year!

Math doesn't add up. At All!
Now add in the costs of paying a new coach and staff while also simultaneously paying Cal not to coach. Then add in the tax hit all that will incur. Also, add in the other incentives and benefits you have to pay the new staff. Also, our current assistant coaches also likely have some buyout provisions in their contracts. Antiqua makes around 900,00 a year, so I am sure he protected himself in this event.

Nope, they won't be saving 4 million a year after all that.

Reactions: JFCats22
Now add in the costs of paying a new coach and staff while also simultaneously paying Cal not to coach. Then add in the tax hit all that will incur. Also, add in the other incentives and benefits you have to pay the new staff. Also, our current assistant coaches also likely have some buyout provisions in their contracts. Antiqua makes around 900,00 a year, so I am sure he protected himself in this event.

So, fire Mitch. That'll save some damn money. And then Mitch's replacement can do the right damn thing and save one of the most historic basketball programs in history.

The fan base is done. And money will be lost period. Rupp will be empty, especially with the bullshit they are trying to pull with season ticket holders.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Look I'm' trying to tell you guys its okay we dont need him to leave, we just need to play mind control on him and start badgering with the opposite things we want him to do to fix things. Just start sending letters, emails, tweets, candy grams saying things like:

We're behing you Cal -and whatever you do dont give in and start playing that stupid zone defense even a little!
Cal you're doin great but in bounds plays are for nerds, just lob it in!
Cal if you want to win stop playing all your best guys at once, they dont like that and may quit!
Only sissies foul when up 4 with 3 to play, its the cowards way to win
Time outs are for sissies too, when the other guys are on a run, tough it out or you're a girl!
Stop listening to all the Bennies about recruiting shooters, high IQ guys and physically tough kids to play roles - you just go down the top 50 and see whose left on the draft sheet and bring the in, we'll figure it out when they all get here.

• Haha
Reactions: ManitouDan

Wipe the tears. Your dad/ husband will find a job somewhere. You all are not destitute.

I posted that in the other thread. How is it possible UK doesn't have 5-6 million or so a year to pay him off? Isn't Cal making 9M a year now? So 45 Million over 5 years or 33 million over 5 years. We'd be saving 4 million a year!

Math doesn't add up. At All!
The university only pays him like $900k a year, the rest comes from Nike and coaches obligations I believe.

So I could coach the team for 1 mil a year and save the university a lot of money! Do I have any coaching experience? Ok, ok, 500K? 😂

There’s not a fraction of a chance in hell that Calipari will be UK’s HC next season! Zero, zip, zilch, nada, nil, love, goose egg, ain’t F’n happening!

Cal would have to be a super psychopath to attempt to endure another train wreck, as would Mitch, Eli, and all of the boosters that matter!

I think they are all gone by this time next year. Barney cal Eli. It’s time for new blood and honestly some Kentucky blood in the administration

Reactions: RunninRichie

Listening to Tucker, Robert’s, and some others they are saying he isn’t going anywhere

I still could see him taking another job or negotiating maybe a slightly lower amount and paid over a number of years or offering some sort of non coaching role. Doubt cal would go for the latter, his ego just won’t let him

I’m at the point I don’t care either way. We get tons of talent with, hooray! It’s like getting the best and biggest presents on Christmas morning only to get f’ing empty boxes when you fantasized all season as to what is in there.

Cal is nothing but a glorified camp counselor at this point. He has lost his passion. He has lost drive. We bring in another coach and we lose all our recruits, boooohooo, and we have a dart board throw together lineup next season.

The presents aren’t empty, but if we are lucky there is just one f’ing Lego set and some coal.

Cal has made sure Kentucky is set back years. Dude has straight up lost whatever made him a great coach, if he ever was one. What I do know if he has lost his to coach a team to win. How to manage the talent he will undoubtedly get. He has lost what made Cal… well, Cal. This version is Cal wouldn’t sniff the HOF. Unless it was a HOF of recruiting. Otherwise he is junior college level. Even then he would be fired.

Total joke. Getting talent doesn’t hide the fact he wastes talent year after year now. He was right, this is a 10 year job. His last 5-6 years have completely ruined his legacy here. Talent won’t hide that fact. Having talent is what ruins his legacy. A high school coach would have won more games / SEC tournaments/ NCAA games.

Complete waste of talent…. That will be his legacy now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT