ADVERTISEMENT

No wonder J Quantance left

Yes. How would that impact this hypothetical scenario?
He was supposed to have a meeting with Mitch, who was supposed to lay out his plan. Plan one, hire Drew. Strike. Plan two, hire Hurley. Yea right. Strike.

Mitch: “my next plan is to hire Mark Pope.”
JQ: “who?”

He was supposed to have a meeting with Mitch, who was supposed to lay out his plan. Plan one, hire Drew. Strike. Plan two, hire Hurley. Yea right. Strike.

Mitch: “my next plan is to hire Mark Pope.”
JQ: “who?”

Mitch: Points to rafters…

Reactions: UKCatnNC
Oh we're going to lose most everyone and who can blame them. We're going to get some scraps from the portal. He has absolutely zero recruiting connections. He has no pedigree of developing anyone for the NBA.

The only way he has any chance at all is if somehow someone connects him with a Superstar recruiter that has all the connections. Otherwise we're going to be playing underdog basketball for the foreseeable future.

• Haha
Reactions: KFuqua
Who did you want?
Get a grip, Pope was endorsed by one the best. Some of yall will never be happy
Some of you will defend the hire no matter what. And that’s ok. I hope Pope kills it. But he should’ve been about 15th on the list. Not 3rd. Donovan, Pearl, Oats, Golden, Pitino, Beard, Smart, otzelberger, Lloyd, Painter, Sampson, McDermott, Underwood, Buzz.

Fans one week ago: You can't win with freshman anymore. JQ is only 16. We're NIT bound this year.

Fans today: Oh no how are we ever going to recruit freshman? What are we going to do without JQ? We're NIT bound this year!
You can win with one or two freshman studs. UConn proved that. Idiot Cal was trying to do it with 6-8 freshmen every year.

The point is, how is Pope gonna recruit these kids when they don’t even know who he is?

He will be better than any player Pope brings in, I’d bet any amount of money on it.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by reactionseditor

JQ wanted to play for Cal, to me for most players Cal recruited, there was more emphasis put on playing for Cal and getting to the league than anything else while he was here. If you are good enough it will happen, Cal lost a lot of games to teams with players that were loyal to their school instead of their coach.

Last edited:
You think Mark Pope isn’t winning here? JQ is 16. He ain’t winning Jack.
I know many people are upset at this hire. No tourney wins and all that. Some people need to look at how long it took Hurley to win even one tournament game. Lmao the recency bias is insane, across the board with the majority of people nowadays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT