ADVERTISEMENT

No Recruiting News???

Knock on ratings all that you want, but I want some 4* studs to fill out the class. WR and Casey from instate would be a good start.

It would help to give us a lot more respect too, and maybe give us a boost with some other recruits.

I think the season will give us a boost in recruiting, not to mention all the draft talk. Very important year coming up.

What’s the context of that statement? You mean as to how we will finish?

I’m all for letting the season play out and being judicious with the last 10 rides. Studs only please.

If we bust on the season so be it. Scared money never wins.

The context was recruiting the top players in Kentucky and he said, “I think we’re going to get some good news in the next couple of months, and that’s going to send a significant message to the younger guys, 2020, 2021.”

I assume that will make most UK fans happy.

Reactions: Cazwheel1072
The context was recruiting the top players in Kentucky and he said, “I think we’re going to get some good news in the next couple of months, and that’s going to send a significant message to the younger guys, 2020, 2021.”

I assume that will make most UK fans happy.

Good stuff.

Our coaches are focused on preparing our football team for the season now. High school players are focused on beginning their new classes and practicing for their new seasons. Commitments occasionally happen in August, and I’m not saying we won’t see one because I don’t know. But they are more common in May, June, July, and December.

Reactions: Colonial Farm 80
appreciate the tremendous progress,
Speak for yourself.

I usually do.

But if you think all the fans are happy with where we are now then you probably already know so much you don't pay any attention to anyone else. I'm hoping for more but relatively satisfied with the progress, a lot of fans aren't.

No recruiting news cause everyone is eye humping a glorified scrimmage in the Bahamas.

What's up with that? BB practice doesn't start for at least a couple of months. I was really surprised to see a college team playing a game in mid August, at least I think it was the 18-19 team.

What's up with that? BB practice doesn't start for at least a couple of months. I was really surprised to see a college team playing a game in mid August, at least I think it was the 18-19 team.

You must have forgot which board you are on-------This is UK, the basketball team will be going somewhere every year, some of the football team might get a free trip to Pikeville once in a while.

You must have forgot which board you are on-------This is UK, the basketball team will be going somewhere every year, some of the football team might get a free trip to Pikeville once in a while.

I wasn't confused about where they went, it was more about how they could go now. I know our BB program is an annual cellar dweller, or at best bottom mid level program in conference, but nothing is posted about them in mid August. Even in Feb our football board has 10 times the traffic our BB board has, talking about the signing class, the next class, spring practice and the like. If BB improves that will likely change but it's not very active now.

No recruiting news cause everyone is eye humping a glorified scrimmage in the Bahamas.

(1) As JL says, this is not a hot period for recruiting, but a time for the recruits and colleges to practice and get ready for the season. If our football recruits are eye humping our basketball team, I am thrilled!!!

(2) As a UK fan who is no longer invited to UK football practices (remember when we could take off work and visit a few practices?), the Bahama trip is a great August diversion.

I know that basketball-only fans act like brats sometimes, but why do we have to pretend more than one sport cannot be enjoyed. I hate horse racing, don’t even think it is a sport, but we get that chatter here and on Leach’s show once a year. But, I cannot see getting snarky about it.

Last edited:
Grumpy I was once a member of the BB cult and lived it year round. I think I look at it now like other SEC fan's do. But strangely enough once being such a fanatic, I didn't watch a single game last year.

I wasn't confused about where they went, it was more about how they could go now. I know our BB program is an annual cellar dweller, or at best bottom mid level program in conference, but nothing is posted about them in mid August. Even in Feb our football board has 10 times the traffic our BB board has, talking about the signing class, the next class, spring practice and the like. If BB improves that will likely change but it's not very active now.

A lot of schools do it. Notre Dame is here playing the locals too.

But if you think all the fans are happy with where we are now then you probably already know so much you don't pay any attention to anyone else. I'm hoping for more but relatively satisfied with the progress, a lot of fans aren't.
I didn’t say everyone is happy. That is never true in any group, because there are always some people like you around. I was a just disagreeing with your assumption that everyone is unhappy. If you can read, then you know you have that wrong. You have shown your true colors.

Schools can take an international trip every 3(maybe 4) years. Extra practice and game experience with a young team, not to mention profit from selling the vacation practices, are why they do it. Really no downside. I think it should be allowed every year.

Teams are allowed to make these type of trips every 3 years. It's been going on for years it's nothing new. Cal just likes to go to the Bahamas. I'm glad I can actually enjoy both sports equally. Love UK BB and FB. And will watch and be excited to see either play anytime during the year.

They're not allowed to take a trip every year, genius.

Teams are allowed to make these type of trips every 3 years. It's been going on for years it's nothing new. Cal just likes to go to the Bahamas. I'm glad I can actually enjoy both sports equally. Love UK BB and FB. And will watch and be excited to see either play anytime during the year.

Agreed. People who are fans of one sport and disparage the other are the worst kind of people. Just a jealous loser mentality.

Cal likes to take advantage of the rule without leaving the time zone and traveling too far. He concluded the islands are better than Windsor. He is probably right, but Windsor was a cheaper fan experience and fun for those of us who went.

Agreed. People who are fans of one sport and disparage the other are the worst kind of people. Just a jealous loser mentality.

The worst kind of people?

The Nazis and fascists and racists and pedophiles and anarchists and rapists and murderers and liars and cheats and Democrats* all love you for saying that!

* don’t blow a gasket, just gigging my liberal friends.

I didn’t say everyone is happy. That is never true in any group, because there are always some people like you around. I was a just disagreeing with your assumption that everyone is unhappy. If you can read, then you know you have that wrong. You have shown your true colors.

Maybe you should go back and try interpreting what I said again, doesn't sound like you did it very well the first time..

(1) As JL says, this is not a hot period for recruiting, but a time for the recruits and colleges to practice and get ready for the season. If our football recruits are eye humping our basketball team, I am thrilled!!!

(2) As a UK fan who is no longer invited to UK football practices (remember when we could take off work and visit a few practices?), the Bahama trip is a great August diversion.

I know that basketball-only fans act like brats sometimes, but why do we have to pretend more than one sport cannot be enjoyed. I hate horse racing, don’t even think it is a sport, but we get that chatter here and on Leach’s show once a year. But, I cannot see getting snarky about it.

Its just symbolic of how U.K. FB has been an after thought for the last 5 decades.

Instead of scoping out Fall camp and trying to get some actual news about how the QB battle is going or whether or not our kicking game is gonna be credible, the vast majority of our media is passion’s hostage to a meaningless series of scrimmages.

To be fair though...FB is closer to a more level playing field then it ever has been.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Its just symbolic of how U.K. FB has been an after thought for the last 5 decades.

Instead of scoping out Fall camp and trying to get some actual news about how the QB battle is going or whether or not our kicking game is gonna be credible, the vast majority of our media is passion’s hostage to a meaningless series of scrimmages.

To be fair though...FB is closer to a more level playing field then it ever has been.

I don’t think the scrimmages in the Bahamas are meaningless. I enjoy them and the value they offer to to a young team.

I don't need reporters working overtime trying to get us an updates on the QB battle. But, that is just me. That said, I also don’t need daily reports on the happenings of a high school kid who is considering coming to UK.

So, I don’t think it is symbolic of much.

I really don't get this mentality. I’m dying for any good FB news, stories about camp, etc. When the coaches do talk about what’s going on in camp I have no problem finding it but it’s all boring coach speak with no relevant updates or info.

I’m loving having the bball games as a welcome distraction from the void of FB info.

I’m very excited for both teams this year.

Honestly...college bball should expand their August presence to fill the void of nothingness in the sports world this time of year.

Talking season in any sport gets really old really quick.

They're not allowed to take a trip every year, genius.

I follow basketball pretty closely during the season, just don't worry about it much at all, I already know they will have the best money can buy, coaches, facilities, recruiting budgets, you name it. Watching the exhibitions looks like they have a ton of potential and some surprises.

I don't plan on going on any of their trips either, and it seems like Michigan hasn't had much trouble going to the Europeon country of their choice lately.

A lot of schools do it. Notre Dame is here playing the locals too.

OK, just something I have been missing then. Don't really watch the SEC network except in football season and same for ESPN, just haven't seen it before.

I follow basketball pretty closely during the season, just don't worry about it much at all, I already know they will have the best money can buy, coaches, facilities, recruiting budgets, you name it. Watching the exhibitions looks like they have a ton of potential and some surprises.

I don't plan on going on any of their trips either, and it seems like Michigan hasn't had much trouble going to the Europeon country of their choice lately.

Carrying a BB team overseas is one thing, probably 30 players/coaches/trainers/mds is one thing, carrying a football team with coaches and support people is another thing. At least 3 times as many people and tons in equiptment. Not an issue with a school the size of Michigan I don't guess. I just can't see any benefit it is to do it. I would think a win over tOSU would benefit them more than a trip to Europe, but the trip appears something Harbaugh is capable of delivering.

Carrying a BB team overseas is one thing, probably 30 players/coaches/trainers/mds is one thing, carrying a football team with coaches and support people is another thing. At least 3 times as many people and tons in equiptment. Not an issue with a school the size of Michigan I don't guess. I just can't see any benefit it is to do it. I would think a win over tOSU would benefit them more than a trip to Europe, but the trip appears something Harbaugh is capable of delivering.

No doubt a football team is more expensive, one reason I found the 2010 operating budget for UK basketball at about $10.2M with football only about $11.0M so out of balance. But I don't think Michigan went to Europe to practice, strictly a pleasure and RECRUITING trip.

ADVERTISEMENT