ADVERTISEMENT

No Power

BGCATFAN2012

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2020
3 days before I host 100 people for a 4th party šŸ„³ I still don't have electricity. Starting to get pissed that in this day in age evertime a thunderstorm comes thru we lose power for a day or 2.

Hurricanes knock out power down here, so I bought a generator. The power hasn't gone out once since I bought it, 4 years ago.
Same story here in South Florida. Probably at least 4 years ago bought a large expensive portable generator and we could never figure out how to use it! There are so many instructions and don't plug this into the wrong switch, and on and on. But, like you we do have outages but not for more than a few hours the past several years. Probably now it won't work with old gas that is likely still in it.

P.S. I thought this post was going to be about how we have no power at the interior and center positions.

Hurricanes knock out power down here, so I bought a generator. The power hasn't gone out once since I bought it, 4 years ago.
lol same, we got a honda generator for the "ice storm" that was supposed to disable lexington for a few days a few years back. Nadda outage since.

I'm in north Warren County outside of Bowling Green bout 10 minutes. I'm the cook and when you know where to get the good stuff people show up. My place is the only one in the family with room to host such a event so I get the holidays events.
Yes the 4th is on a Tuesday and we do ours the Saturday night b4 the 4th every year.
I've been cooking since I was 8 and professionally for a long time. Feeding 100 people on the 4th party is a breeze compared to weekends at Cracker Barrel that I've done forever now. We will blast the radio and light the sky this years is alittle special considering the last 6months was rough losing mom and now I'm fixing to send my child off to college. I'm celebrating my freedom cause I've raised my kido and she's a adult this summer!!

Last edited:
I live in Webster Co. and we could sure use some rain here without the power outage of course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT