ADVERTISEMENT

No one should be afraid of Duke anymore.

KingOfBBN

All-American
Sep 14, 2013
Turns out, the “greatest team ESPN has ever seen” isn’t that scary. After struggling with ND State in the first half, and beating UCF and VA Tech by a combined three points, they’re not that great.

They could lose to anyone left in the tourney.

I can almost envision UK meeting Duke in the finals....and K announcing his retirement just before the game. I remember how that scenario turned out for us 44 years ago. Duke is very lucky to not have over 10 losses this year.

I can almost envision UK meeting Duke in the finals....and K announcing his retirement just before the game. I remember how that scenario turned out for us 44 years ago. Duke is very lucky to not have over 10 losses this year.

I hope he does. I actually hope this happens. So our players can go out and play with reckless abandon, because in those circumstances, we’d lose anyway. So why not hit em in the mouth.

You all just don't understand.I watched ESPN, and their NCAA coverage consisted of the Duke Virginia Tech game + highlights of all the past Duke games. So clearly no one else is worth covering in the NCAA (now that UNCCheats is out).

Turns out, the “greatest team ESPN has ever seen” isn’t that scary. After struggling with ND State in the first half, and beating UCF and VA Tech by a combined three points, they’re not that great.

That is true, but that is also the kind of luck you need to win championships.

Reactions: ruppcat
You all just don't understand.I watched ESPN, and their NCAA coverage consisted of the Duke Virginia Tech game + highlights of all the past Duke games. So clearly no one else is worth covering in the NCAA (now that UNCCheats is out).
I take that back. They are now going over UNCCheats and UK and Auburn.

I take that back. They are now going over UNCCheats and UK and Auburn.
OK They talked about UK and Auburn probably for less than 30 seconds with most of it talking about how you have to replace Okeke with a "village". They have the Auburn and UK logos up and they are talking about Duke and Virginia Tech.

I noticed also last night cbs/tbs didn't show the VT/pUKe score until pUKe was ahead.

The thing I am afraid of about Duke is that they are the luckiest team that I have ever seen. That and the fact that they are the media darlings and the refs seem to give them favorable treatment.

Reactions: Cowboys&Wildcats
Izzo is K’s personal chew toy. He’ll roll over and let Duke do whatever they want. I think Duke wins easily.

Reactions: spartacat
Teams have to learn to not choke against Duke at the end of games. Missing easy layups, letting them get easy rebounds, air balls, etc. The opportunity was too big for UCF and vt. Nerves took over. Hopefully the Spartans are tougher.

Seth Davis after the game last night was making excuses for UNCHEATS losing, talking about their player that had the flu and the other one . He said that they would have made a difference during Auburn’s run. Most of these tv people make me sick.

Is Izzo 1-11 vs K?

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance-34480127.png

The only thing I fear about Duke is how damn lucky they are. The number of things that had to go just perfect for them to win these last 2 games. Absolutely unreal. I'm starting to think that not only are the media & the refs Duke fans. But with the lucky bounces they've got the last 2 games. I'm beginning to wonder if God isn't a Duke fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT