ADVERTISEMENT

No more Wimsatt

Rockfly78

Senior
Nov 20, 2014
The second half was a debacle and a serious vote of no confidence in the offense. Bush was trying to force a round leg into a square hole by playing GW. Love him or hate him, Brock is better and we have a better chance with him. We have very little chance to begin with with our line. There is no room for experiments. Find something that works and work hard at it. Make the best out of the limited tools you have

The second half was a debacle and a serious vote of no confidence in the offense. Bush was trying to force a round leg into a square hole by playing GW. Love him or hate him, Brock is better and we have a better chance with him. We have very little chance to begin with with our line. There is no room for experiments. Find something that works and work hard at it. Make the best out of the limited tools you have

We know for sure we can run the ball inside. That's something the ol does well. Then play action off that. Thats our ID but suddenly after ole miss we just stopped doing it and we struggled mightily.

Go back to inside run. Put Ray back instead of jager (Its no coincidence our best games were with jager out) and lets get back to what we can actually do.

Season is over and has been since the vandy loss. I just watch for the road kill can't look away method now with UK football.

Gonna have to start watching the legit games going forward though on at same time as it's playoff rankings time. I want to watch good football.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Just put Beau in if we’re going to lose anyways.
I’ve actually wondered why Beau gets no shot. I think it’s clear by now Wimsatt is not going to develop into a competent passer. We weren’t making a comeback against Auburn with him. Boley isn’t ready, at least based on Florida. Beau has the most starting experience and is a true passing QB.

Said over the offseason that if GW is such a good athlete and has to get on the field, great, play him at a wildcat/utility skill player. WR/Slot Back/RB...whatever...

Not sure why the staff got obsessed with him at QB.

Would agree with getting Boley some reps at this point. Maybe a handful of plays each game from here on out. This season and next season.

Nothing to lose at this point.

How dumb can it be to pull a QB when he completes a pass and looks like he could be getting in a rythem? Hamden should be blasted for playing two QB's. BV is obviously the better passer. GW does not even get many yards when he runs it. The better passer should be getting all snaps to gain experience as fast as possible. All of that should have been settled in practices. And if you can't recognize the more talented player I just don't know what to say. The season is lost now. No way of knowing how much it would have helped, if any, sticking with BV all season but we do know jerking him in and out can only hurt is experience and confidence, not to mention harder to get in a rythem.

I expect Wimsatt to be the starter on Saturday. It wouldn't surprise me if BVG is done at UK.

How dumb can it be to pull a QB when he completes a pass and looks like he could be getting in a rythem? Hamden should be blasted for playing two QB's. BV is obviously the better passer. GW does not even get many yards when he runs it. The better passer should be getting all snaps to gain experience as fast as possible. All of that should have been settled in practices. And if you can't recognize the more talented player I just don't know what to say. The season is lost now. No way of knowing how much it would have helped, if any, sticking with BV all season but we do know jerking him in and out can only hurt is experience and confidence, not to mention harder to get in a rythem.
If you think Hamdan made that decision, I have some swamp land in Arizona I’m looking to sell......cheap.

If Wimsatt starts we have given up. GO CATS!!
I’m not gonna be surprised if we trot Wimsatt out there Saturday night. This team has quit, we will be lucky to beat Murray St., we don’t prepare QB’s at UK, they never seem to get better. Won’t came to us as a terrible passer, why would we think he would be better at UK? He is just a Wildcat QB, that runs 3/4 of the time, the other 1/4 are incompletions.

They ever give an actual reason for not playing Brock 2nd half? Never have seen one.
Said the plan from the get-go was to use both QBs, both players knew going in. I can't imagine in my wildest dreams them going with GW Sat.

Hamden seems enamored with GW and I can understand that. They guy's 6"4", 230 with decent speed and strength but he started all 13 games at Rutgers last year, completed less that 50% of his passes with more INTs than TDs.

Said the plan from the get-go was to use both QBs, both players knew going in. I can't imagine in my wildest dreams them going with GW Sat.

Hamden seems enamored with GW and I can understand that. They guy's 6"4", 230 with decent speed and strength but he started all 13 games at Rutgers last year, completed less that 50% of his passes with more INTs than TDs.
Stoops talked about GW's size. What does that matter if he isn't an SEC runner or passer? Also remember them saying that GW deserves playing. Even if he doesn't produce? They should have given BV all the snaps to get all the experience he can this season and then evaluate all QB's next spring in practice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT