ADVERTISEMENT

No complaints with officials

Actually I thought it was one of the best officiated games I've seen in a long time. At no time did any of them try to make the game about them. They didn't call it too tight and never let anything get out of hand.

That's the thing, when officiating is good you don't even notice they are there. Good officiating is rare just like every other service industry in America.

This post was edited on 1/14 1:06 AM by TheCatDaddy

I was rather impressed with the officials tonight. Good game by the zebras.

Finally, a game about the game and not the refs. Great job, Kevin Fehr, Keith Kimble, Antinio Petty!

The officiating was sub average last night. It's just because it was a 49 point blowout that no one cared to gripe about the officials. They missed several calls including Hawkins taking a hard shoulder to the back and early in the first half Booker (I believe) took a moving screen to the face and was called for the foul. Mizz PG traveled nearly every time to the basket and constant misses on over the back calls. It was the usual terrible officiating it's been all year in every college game in America.

Funny, the officiating was great for the Kansas, UCLA, Mizz game but awful for the UL, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M game.

Hmmmmm........

I like referees that don't make the game about them. If there are no controversial calls, I call that a well officiated game. Good job last night.

Of course we all think it was a well officiated game! We won! Honestly though, there were no head scratchers.

Can anyone think of a game we lost where the officiating was above average? The best I could think was the Wichita St. game in the tourney last year which, of course, we won. But it was anyone's game and I don't remember any weird officiating.

I liked Towns finally getting a couple of calls when getting mugged.

Agreed. If anything, I think the whistle favored us on fouls, because on several occasions I saw some hand check stuff by Towns that would usually get called.

I hope we get these 3 to ref our games down the road.

They were a non-factor, which is the way it should be.

A whiplash shoulder check and a punch to the nuts, both not called.

Yeah, great job refs.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Prime MF:

Yeah, great job refs.
rolleyes.r191677.gif
^^THIS^^ they still blew it, SEC needs to review it and hand out some suspensions IMO

There were a few missed calls, of course. There always are. But there weren't any blatant ones where one team was robbed in some way. Even the hockey style hip check against Ulis was called a foul. It should have been a flagrant foul of some sort but at least they called a foul.

But I will admit, when the game is a blowout, the calls just aren't magnified in our minds like a game when every call could potentially make a difference in the outcome of the game.

no bullshit fouls last night. both teams played a clean game. they did miss a couple of traveling violations.

what I want to know is why nobody ever calls 3-second violations anymore?? Didn't see any in this game, but there were some in the A&M game.....none called.

This post was edited on 1/14 12:15 PM by jackcarlson

If the two previous games were called like this one, we would have won going away. The best way to nullify talent is to turn a basketball game into a wrestling match. Our bigs were not the force they could have been because the refs didn't keep it clean inside like these refs did.

Originally posted by crestcat:

If the two previous games were called like this one, we would have won going away. The best way to nullify talent is to turn a basketball game into a wrestling match. Our bigs were not the force they could have been because the refs didn't keep it clean inside like these refs did.
Totally agree. Especially for the TA&M game. Looked like whackamole in the paint. I've never seen refs swallow the whistle so egregiously.

Booker got his clock cleaned in the first half and got called for the foul. That was the worst call. Not a whole lot else. Once it became clear that Mizzou was getting destroyed, the refs were just trying to get it done and get home.

Watching in person, I was actually impressed by how well UK played defense without reaching and grabbing.

Originally posted by runt#69:

Originally posted by Prime MF:

Yeah, great job refs.
rolleyes.r191677.gif
^^THIS^^ they still blew it, SEC needs to review it and hand out some suspensions IMO
Agree! Nut taps and flying takedowns from behind deserve retroactive punishment. This guy should be suspended for a couple of games...it was the same guy, wasn't it?

The biggest surprise was the refs broke their chain of calling stupid double fouls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT