ADVERTISEMENT

No Beckwith, Larkins, or Ramsey????

HYTCHYE ISLAND

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 7, 2013
Wth!!! Don’t so much care about Beckwith but I thought Larkins and Ramsey were both gonna be STEALS for our Cats! Anyone have any info? KSR is the reporting source as players were all issued numbers today.

Between these + Jakob Dixon and the two medical retirees, feels like a lot of late stage departures. I don't remember this many guys leaving the roster this close to the season. Sub 80 scholarships is also not great.

Losing more and more Oline youngsters is the main part I get a bit un-easy
Yeah, things seem a little shaky. What was Hall's injury that caused him to miss Spring? Seems we're almost certainly going to see Bowles/Christman get at least backup time at OT. Doubt Wood will be anywhere near ready to play in '23.

BUT....UK did "sign" or "offer" something like 7-8 PWO OL for '23, unprecedented numbers for PWO OL in my years as a fan. Could any of those be ready to contribute? Highly doubtful plus they haven't been accounted for on any list I've seen.

Beckwith and Larkin are confirmed gone, but Ramsey is "a work in progress," wh9ich made it sound as a grade/HS credits/clearinghouse situation.

I'd be more worried about young offensive linemen if not for the portal. The portal can be hit or miss (like recruits) but hard to imagine UK in 2021 or 2022 without the portal.

Wth!!! Don’t so much care about Beckwith but I thought Larkins and Ramsey were both gonna be STEALS for our Cats! Anyone have any info? KSR is the reporting source as players were all issued numbers today.
Larkins was interesting because he is a fast twitch athlete but the SEC would have been a big adjustment. Ramsey may still show up but he would not have played in 2023. Beckwith would probably have never played meaningful snaps. This is three more schollies to fill with promising young prospects.

Just looking at the roster on KSR, here's where we may need some help (if not this year, definitely next year):

QB: may need a starter to give Boley time to develop unless Sheron or Wade improve significantly
iOL: have some bodies, not many with experience
OT: lose one starter and one who started last year with only 3 others on the squad; definite need
RB: lose presumably top 4 RBs next year; need some more high quality numbers as 3 RBs with limited experience will not be adequate
WR: good shape
TE: good shape

DL: pretty good shape
Edge: could use another 1-2
LB: could use another 1-2
CB: good shape
S: lose two pretty darn good ones, will need some development of the remaining guys and another S (or two)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT