ADVERTISEMENT

NIU takes down Notre Dame. I went to undergrad and grad school at NIU.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
Lived through the school shooting back in 2008. I was an RA at NIU and acted as something of a big brother for over 65 male residents.

Huge win for the very resilient, blue-collar NIU fan base. The NIU family is rejoicing.

The refs tried to help Notre Dame. N. ILL clearly picked up a first down that would have allowed them to run out clock and kick the field goal at the end but a bs spot to prevent that. They also let ND keep a TO they shouldnt have had.

Fortunately, the domers moron coach though a college kicker could make a 62 yard field goal.

NIU grad as well. Nice to see them be the first MAC team to beat a top 10 team.
I was an RA over at Neptune North. I was also a teacher's assistant during my graduate school years, living on $13,000 in a 300ish square foot apartment. Even so, I loved every second of being in Dekalb. I was older when I went back to school, but they still treated me like family.

Some really good people over there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Girthang and chroix
The refs tried to help Notre Dame. N. ILL clearly picked up a first down that would have allowed them to run out clock and kick the field goal at the end but a bs spot to prevent that. They also let ND keep a TO they shouldnt have had.

Fortunately, the domers moron coach though a college kicker could make a 62 yard field goal.
The spot was horrific. Not only that, but the refs should have had the clock burning after they spotted the ball coming off third down. They didn't. That allowed Notre Dame to keep a timeout in their pocket for their last drive.

Refs did everything they could to try to protect the Irish. I'm proud of our guys for overcoming the blatant BS at the end.

NIU grad as well. Nice to see them be the first MAC team to beat a top 10 team.

On the TV I think they said it was the first time a MAC school had ever beaten a top 5 team. But either way, congratulations. But I find that amazing, because MAC has had a knack of pulling off upsets annually ever since I can remember, but they had never beaten a top 5 (or top 10) team? Would have never believed it.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT