ADVERTISEMENT

NIU LB Daveren Rayner transfers to Kentucky

Wow.

Proven quality and late bloomers.

It isn’t rare to see NFL draftees out of the G5. Likely, a majority of those will now percolate up to P5 before their draft day.

I know nothing about Daveren, specifically, but our coaching staff does!

Last edited:
I believe Cox got injured pretty early in that game so not sure how many snaps he took but report back on Rayner if you do watch it.
I've watched most of the 1st half so far. Cox looks very athletic and big. I think he'll be a good addition. Haven't noticed Rayner much.

Wow.

Proven quality and late bloomers.

It isn’t rare to see NFL draftees out of the G5. Likely, a majority of those will now percolate up to P5 before their draft day.

I know nothing about Daveren, specifically, but our coaching staff does!
Like the other LB we tried to get, he is a good strong tackler and needing to improve in pass coverage. He will have strong coaching to get better at that. Looks like he moves pretty good with the frame he has.

Last edited:
So do we put 15-20 pounds on him or keep him here? Either way, very nice get in my opinion and at a needed position for depth. Our talent has improved in a big way since the last game of the season on both sides. Impressive and a heck of a job by the staff. Can not wait till kickoff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT