ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Peach Jam over: 2024, 2025, 2026 targets recruiting followup

I was thinking the same thing. He is not going to let a handful of recruits hold him hostage. I think he will start reigning it in once he understands who is really interested.

I doubt it will be like this every year. Pope, like he did with the transfer portal, is having to catch up with the blue bloods. He will be able to form a relationship more with the '26 class. I think he will still offer considerably more players than Cal did.

Ya I agree - obviously this year he had to get a ton of portal players, but then a lot of them are only here for one year so he has to fill the roster again. Kind of a unique set up. Hopefully after 3 years he’ll have some continuity and returnees and he’ll only need to go after 3 or 4 HS guys which I think he would prefer. At least he’s casting a wide net with 5 stars.

Ya I agree - obviously this year he had to get a ton of portal players, but then a lot of them are only here for one year so he has to fill the roster again. Kind of a unique set up. Hopefully after 3 years he’ll have some continuity and returnees and he’ll only need to go after 3 or 4 HS guys which I think he would prefer. At least he’s casting a wide net with 5 stars.
Most are fringe 5*/Really high 4*, which is fine with me. I heard at least with one recruiting service there are only 9 5*'s this year. It looks like the 4* is a really large group. So, the class is top heavy, but not with the super elite talent.

Maybe since Moreno and Mullins play on the same summer team they'll decide to play for the same college team 🤔
Braylon actually mentioned that they are visiting Indiana together. Before anyone freaks, he said they wanted to take A visit together with another guy from the Indiana Elite Squad and Indiana's just happened to work out. Has Moreno already taken his official visit to Ky? If not, now that Ky is getting serious about Braylon, maybe Moreno, who was the instigator for them going to Indiana together, can get his buddy Braylon to visit when he makes an official. Friends don't always work out, but maybe in this case. I could see both of them being very special in year 2.

Seems a little risky for coach to be renting and driving his own car there. I assume he is staying in a nice hotel, couldn't they have arranged a trustworthy driver for him?
You must have traveled abroad. Some who haven't, especially third worldish countries probably didn't get it. Driving can be a serious hazard in some countries and not just because of the traffic!

You must have traveled abroad. Some who haven't, especially third worldish countries probably didn't get it. Driving can be a serious hazard in some countries and not just because of the traffic!
Yes sir, fortunately wife and I went to Rome last fall and then to the port about an hour's drive away a week later. Hotel arranged both and the drivers were great. I figured pope would do the same as a recruiting expense.

Yes sir, fortunately wife and I went to Rome last fall and then to the port about an hour's drive away a week later. Hotel arranged both and the drivers were great. I figured pope would do the same as a recruiting expense.
My wife is from the Philippines. We have been there many times, but starting in 2015, we rented an old truck from a local guy, stick shift and everything. Traffic was insane at first. Made my wife very uncomfortable at times, but it was the best trip we have ever taken there. She got to see thing on her own Island she had never seen. As long as you know your surroundings, understand the rules(especially the unwritten ones) and take precautions, it can be a very rewarding experience.

My wife is from the Philippines. We have been there many times, but starting in 2015, we rented an old truck from a local guy, stick shift and everything. Traffic was insane at first. Made my wife very uncomfortable at times, but it was the best trip we have ever taken there. She got to see thing on her own Island she had never seen. As long as you know your surroundings, understand the rules(especially the unwritten ones) and take precautions, it can be a very rewarding experience.
My wife is very similar, on almost every trip she wants 1/3 of the time to be just to wander and explore. We found a secluded beach in PR with rocks on both sides and in Rome we stumbled upon a 1000 year old church that had amazing craftsmanship.

• Love
Reactions: NerlensCat
“I enjoyed it,” he said. “Coach Oats has been recruiting me for awhile. I’ve already been on campus a couple of times and got to see the area. Just seeing their play style and what he has in mind for me. He’s been producing guys into the League every year at a consistent rate. That means he knows what he’s talking about.”

My wife is very similar, on almost every trip she wants 1/3 of the time to be just to wander and explore. We found a secluded beach in PR with rocks on both sides and in Rome we stumbled upon a 1000 year old church that had amazing craftsmanship.
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous forums can be so easily drug into the mud slinging. I enjoy getting to know people. I believe the more people get to know one another the less animosity people will have for one another when we disagree and we will disagree from time to time!

Safe travels!

Reactions: BarefootBeach
Geez, if this winds up his final 4 I like our chances.
I really like Peterson. I hope we can get him, but like others, figure he might be skidish of Pope and his minute dispersions. If kids will buy in and play hard for 25-28 minutes per game in this system, I sincerely believe they will score just as much, be more efficient= look better and risk less injury. His system is not predicated on having extreme athleticism, but it will make you even more successful if you have that along with a shooters eye.

Reactions: BarefootBeach
I'm reading that acuff has cut UK
I've read a few reviews of him not being a good team player. I bet he loves Cal and his nba prep. I think Mikel Bradley, acaden Lewis, or Kaden Magwood would be fine for us. We'll need atleast 2 players that can play point next year. I don't know if pope wants 2 high schoolers or if one will be a veteran transfer. I know Travis perry is somewhere in all this.

I've read a few reviews of him not being a good team player. I bet he loves Cal and his nba prep. I think Mikel Bradley, acaden Lewis, or Kaden Magwood would be fine for us. We'll need atleast 2 players that can play point next year. I don't know if pope wants 2 high schoolers or if one will be a veteran transfer. I know Travis perry is somewhere in all this.
Mikel Brown or Bradley?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT