ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Playoffs

They just beat KC two weeks ago. You know nothing about the NFL.
How much you wanna bet on next week's game, regardless of the opponent? The Bengals have barely won 2 games against middle of the road teams in the playoffs. I'll take either KC or Buffalo by a touchdown.

How much you wanna bet on next week's game, regardless of the opponent? The Bengals have barely won 2 games against middle of the road teams in the playoffs. I'll take either KC or Buffalo by a touchdown.

Middle of the road? Tennessee beat both KC and Buffalo this year and was the #1 seed in the AFC.

I know we don’t have Mahomes, but define middle of the road?

Tennessee was the worst 1 seed in 40 years and would have been the worst 2 seed too. Cincy got a nice road. They've done well to beat two decent teams to get to the AFC title game. Ryan Tannehill won't be on the field next week.

To even think about making the playoffs this year before the season started was unimaginable. The Browns looked invincible and the Ravens were a beast. We were picked dead last. So as long as Joe gets through the playoffs injury free then our future is bright no matter if we do get blown out.

Tennessee was the worst 1 seed in 40 years and would have been the worst 2 seed too. Cincy got a nice road. They've done well to beat two decent teams to get to the AFC title game. Ryan Tannehill won't be on the field next week.

That’s fine, we legit lost the #1 RB in the NFL in week 8 and he still finished as the 9th best rusher on the season.

We went weeks without Julio and AJ Brown during the stretch that we didn’t have Henry.

Our defense was good enough to keep us in contention, and our first game with everyone healthy came after a 2 week bye and we looked rusty.

All that doesn’t matter, and taking shots at the team Cinci beat that has beat both of Cinci’s upcoming opponents is just stupid.

It was a damn solid road win, in the playoffs, and Cinci will have a shot against either Buffalo or KC.

Basically, Cinci is where Tennessee was 2 years ago when we beat teams better than us and came up just short against KC to get the Super Bowl.

Reactions: warrior-cat
That had to be one of the worst ways to lose a game, Packers fans. Your special teams?

Media will cream in their underoos if Bucs win tomorrow to set up Jimmy G vs Brady. But I still think Rams are winning. Super Bowl is in LA. Storyline is there.

Bruiser of a first half. Burrow getting swarmed back there but they've eeked out 3 FGs. I have a feeling the lack of a TD so far will come back to haunt them in the 4th quarter.
After looking back at it, it really was the 2 point conversion attempt that doomed the Titans. Completely different game down the stretch if they had that 1 extra point.

Reactions: christophero
The Bungles were gifted playing a game against a terrible 1 seed. They've eeked out 2 playoff wins against mediocre teams. Oakland was awful and Tennessee was ok on their best day. KC or Buffalo win by double digits next week.
Not a good take really. Oakland of late was playing their best ball and the Titans had many injuries and problems all year but found ways to win. Yes, yesterday was ugly, and Tannehill was off but as I said in another post...ANY GIVEN SUNDAY. Reality is that the Bengals chances are slim but, they have a chance. If the O-line could give Burrow a little more time coupled with him realizing when to get rid of the ball and not lose yardage their chances improve. He is the 2nd most sacked QB in the league this year and still they found ways to win. Lucky? A little but perseverance this year has gotten them where they are now.

The Niners beat the damn Packers in Lambeau. This is the playoffs, and Joe Burrow is a winner. He threw for 350 and make key throws all night, while being sacked 9/10 times!

Bengals D doesn’t get enough credit. They spent big money on key pieces to build a solid D at all 3 levels. “King Henry” looked slow and was routinely hit in the backfield by Cincy’s “injury riddled” interior Dline.

Zac Taylor also deserves a lot of credit. Sure out coaches Vrabel last night.

Reactions: christophero
This is one of those years where no team separated themselves. With 2 weeks to go, there were still several teams with a chance at the top seed, including the bengals. It’s not wise to be overconfident or discount any teams. The NFC did have a clear favorite…and they’re gone now.

The Bengals may not win anything more, but they might!

Rams are a tough matchup for Bucs. Very good D-line that can pressure Brady and they have an offense that can outscore Bucs too.

If Tampa somehow comes back (which I doubt), that fumble at the one by the Rams will be the reason.

Well, amazing career, Brady. Losing Godwin and AB and facing the Rams was just not a good matchup.

Great career. Maybe should’ve ended it last year but had an MVP season. Looks like Stafford is going to play in a Super Bowl.

The Niners have alligator blood - Jimmy G has been pretty awful so far and somehow they have won 2 games. The Rams SHOULD beat them, but so should have the Cowboys and Pack. I'll take SF in this game simply because I think Stafford is due to shit himself.

Chiefs/Bengals is a great rematch. Two young QBs who seem to be able to do whatever they want to with excellent skill position weapons. If this game were in Cincy, I would call this a tossup, but in KC I just don't think Mahomes is losing this game. Buffalo threw everything but the kitchen sink at them and it wasn't enough. Cincy is playing on house money though, and that's always dangerous. KC wins by 4 but it goes down to the last few minutes.

Basically, Cinci is where Tennessee was 2 years ago when we beat teams better than us and came up just short against KC to get the Super Bowl.
Just short? Tennessee was down 35-17 midway through the 4th quarter and was never in the game in the 4th. You came up just short the same way Pittsburgh came up just short against KC this year.

So I got to thinking.. with new talk (as is every year) of trying to move the Superbowl to a Saturday and some also think that Monday should be the holiday... Why not aim to have the Superbowl land the day before Presidents day?

Now that we moved the season 1 week back, if we just move it 1 week more.. much of the population would have been off for Presidents day. Teachers/students would be off all week. And if you are working (in an office), it's probably a very slow day anyways and you can sleep under your desk.

Seems like a no-brainer to me. Push the season back 1 week, add a week to the season (you know they want to), add a 2nd BYE. The only thing I can think of that would screw up for people, is if they use Presidents day week for vacations.

Just short? Tennessee was down 35-17 midway through the 4th quarter and was never in the game in the 4th. You came up just short the same way Pittsburgh came up just short against KC this year.
We were up 17-7 with 6 to go in the 2nd quarter and really shat the bed from there.

I’m aware, but being up 2 scores in the 2nd quarter with the run game we had should have put more pressure KC, but Mahomes was Mahomes after that and we couldn’t keep up.

I see the Chiefs winning by 17. Rams winning by 3.

Rams playing the Super Bowl in L.A. and Stafford possibly winning a title in L.A. like his high school friend Clayton Kershaw, will dominate the news cycle for two weeks.

Would love to see the Bengals upset the Chiefs but the NFL loves the Chiefs and Mahomes seems to find a way.

Burrow will have 300 passing yards and Mixon, Uzomah, and McPherson will also have great games.
The Bengals defense will take the ball from Kansas City at least twice.

Cincy 30
KC 24

Go Bengals. :)

Money is coming in on the Chiefs. The fan in me is overruling the gambler in me telling me to bet large on the Chiefs covering 7.5 as I think it will be a rout to the tune of about 45-9 which I am fine with as long as Burrow doesn't get hurt. My fear is they fall behind early then Burrow has to spend the whole game dropping back and getting hammered.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT