ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Playoffs

All the talk shows are piling on the Stillers and the point spread is huge. Big Ben said they had no chance so they might as well just go have fun.

Folks, I have been watching the Bengals since the mid 70's and of course that means I've seen more than I want to of the Stillers, but I give them props on probably being the proudest organization in all of sport. Blue collar. They don't get Duke treatment they roll their sleeves up and dig in.

Pittsburgh will not be making their vacation plans... those guys are going to KC and digging their own graves. They are going to make a last stand and it is going to be fierce. I genuinely fear for the health of Mahomes because they are going to unleash the most ferocious pass rush ever witnessed on him. The Stillers are going to lose, of course, but they are taking a pound of somebody's arse with them. I guarantee it.

Reactions: Captain Forehead
The AFC is a real toss up. I do not see the Titans winning it, they are too one dimensional and their defense isn't as good as advertised IMO. That leaves Buffalo, New England, KC, and Cincy. One of those teams will step up and get hot and they'll get to the soup bowl. Which one is anyone's guys but I'll say the Bills.

The NFC is a no brainer. The Packers look like a lock at this point but they could be upset by the Bucks or the Cowboys.

The Cowboys are my long shot choice to win it all.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
If the Chiefs do not win again this year is there ever a team picked to do so well in a 4 year stretch with just 1 championship to show for it? They have won 8 of 9 coming into the playoffs so they are hot.
I get what you are saying, but four years ago, IIRC, they weren't overly favored. It was Mahomes first year starting (he sat behind Smith his rookie year). Obviously he blew up, but I don't anyone predicted he was going to be that good that quick. That year they lost to Brady in the AFC championship game (thanks a lot to Dee Ford for lining up offsides on a fourth down with less than two minutes to go). I would bet the Pats were the favorites going into that year. Years 2-3, Chiefs were heavily favored and won one (49ers) and lost to red-hot Bucs. This year, probably favored again in the beginning and yet to be determined if they make it back. If they would have claimed home field/bye throughout, I would have wagered a lot they would go back to the Super Bowl, but not as confident now. They haven't seemed as dominant at times, but would you bet against Mahomes? Crazy to think, this could be his first year playing a road playoff game if the Chiefs win twice and the Titans win their first game. Chiefs fan btw....

What the hell, I think they'll make it back and lose to the Packers

I weirdly kind of like Pitts chances. You know the team knows no one expects them to even compete, and they certainly have the play makers (mostly on defense) to make it happen. They really are playing with house money.

Not convinced on the Packers. Aaron has been a letdown, more or less, come playoff time. Seems to do too much. Bucs are getting healthy again with some guys back, but they are still without Godwin and AB and that's big. I still give the nod to the Bucs until they, and Aaron, prove otherwise.

I'd like to see the Bucs win again as it's just insane to see Brady do well. But like Dee said earlier, I really could see the Cowboys winning the NFC. I never believed in them before but I think they legitimately have the talent to do it and there's no world beaters in the league.

It's going to be a fun playoff as it's a toss up.

Speaking of Patriots, I saw another Belichick assistant turned head coach in Brian Flores got canned from Miami. Keep offering those head coaching jobs to Bill's assistants, NFL GMs. I'm sure one might end up worth a crap.

Well considering Vrabel is the HC of the #1 seed and John Robinson is the GM of the same damn team I’d say 1 of assistants and front office guys are very successful!

All the talk shows are piling on the Stillers and the point spread is huge. Big Ben said they had no chance so they might as well just go have fun.

Folks, I have been watching the Bengals since the mid 70's and of course that means I've seen more than I want to of the Stillers, but I give them props on probably being the proudest organization in all of sport. Blue collar. They don't get Duke treatment they roll their sleeves up and dig in.

Pittsburgh will not be making their vacation plans... those guys are going to KC and digging their own graves. They are going to make a last stand and it is going to be fierce. I genuinely fear for the health of Mahomes because they are going to unleash the most ferocious pass rush ever witnessed on him. The Stillers are going to lose, of course, but they are taking a pound of somebody's arse with them. I guarantee it.
LOL … only one of the Steelers six Super Bowl wins was legit. The other five are tainted by cheating. Not to mention the dozens and dozens of regular season games in which the officiating was heavily slanted their way. No real Bengals fan has even one ounce of respect for that garbage organization. Just look at what the Steelers were before Chuck brought those west coast steroids to Pittsburgh. They were the joke of the entire league before then. Do some research.

Well considering Vrabel is the HC of the #1 seed and John Robinson is the GM of the same damn team I’d say 1 of assistants and front office guys are very successful!
Didn’t think about him but he never coached under Belichick. Just played for him.

You sound like a bitter Louisville fan talking about UK.
I’m a UK fan and overall sports historian who could make you look silly in any category you choose. I know UK basketball hasn’t always been clean. I don’t deny that. And most real Steeler fans don’t deny their history either. It’s the bandwagon types that deny it. The bandwagon types are clueless. I’m guessing you’re in that group.

Oh yeah, I remember you now, you're the thin-skinned dude who shows up on GYERO always bragging out how long you've been posting here. Self-proclaimed as one of the "nicest posters in the history of the site" and now you're a sports historian too, lol. GD we're #blessed to have ya. Feel free to post a wall of text of a completely factual and reasonable points about how the Steelers have 5 illegitimate Lombardis going on about steroids, Mike Renfro being ruled out of bounds in the '79 AFC title game, Bill Leavy, and anything else that I gladly won't be reading.

Minus a miracle, AFC next weekend looks like TN/Cinci and KC/Buffalo.

Solid couple games, and nervous for the Titans. Having all our pieces back healthy is great but we aren’t gel’d. Cinci suffered a few injuries but we have NO answer for Burrow/Chase.

Look forward to the game!

I'm going Bucs, 49ers, and Chiefs today. I don't see Tampa getting past the Divisional Round, but I don't trust Jalen Hurts going on the road this week and it's hard to go against the Brady/Arians combo in a big game. I think the 49ers pull off the only upset this weekend. Deebo Samuel and that running game is such a physical force to take on I'm foreseeing one of those typical game manager performances from Jimmy G where he moves the sticks, plays it safe, and makes a few key plays when he needs to.

For Steelers/Chiefs, it's just too much of a challenge for the Steelers. Not having Stephon Tuitt this year, who is just as good as Cam Heyward, and then losing Alualu, has been a death knell for their run D. Darrel Williams should gash them at times, and Kelce should feast over the middle as the ILBs in pass coverage has been a glaring weakness all year. On the other side of the ball, their offensive scheme is just so bland, predictable, and non-threatening. Hopefully Big Ben goes down guns blazing. For a guy who never gave up on plays and in looking for that crucial big pass down the field that often would turn the tide of a game, which is part of what made the dude such a clutch QB and winner, the super conservative play the past couple of years has been tough to watch. Let him spread the field, call his own plays, and try to make some big plays. That's really the only way the offense has been an actual NFL offense this year when they let him take over in the second half of games.

Solid couple games, and nervous for the Titans. Having all our pieces back healthy is great but we aren’t gel’d. Cinci suffered a few injuries but we have NO answer for Burrow/Chase.

Should be a shootout in Nashville. I think how good Henry really looks is the difference.

If I’m the owner or GM of the Eagles I’m considering firing the HC and OC for not targeting DeVonte Smith until nearly the end of the 1st half. At least make him walk back to Philadelphia.

Man, the Bills were downright scary last night. Nobody beats them if they continue playing that well.

I'll take SF in a close one today, KC in a romp, and Arizona tomorrow night.

If Hendrickson and Ogunjobi can't go, Bengals are in real trouble on D line. Henry could run wild.
Hoping they can play and that the defense gets a couple of TO's. Gonna be tough sledding in Nashville. Titans are very good.

As much I can't stand the Niners....my disdain for the Cowboys is at dangerous levels.....so I'm all for the Niners beating them

Same here, although I don't hate the Niners - but Cowboys fans are insufferable. They've not been to a Super Bowl for a generation but still think they are god's gift to football. Drives me nuts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT