ADVERTISEMENT

Next year's schedule

FurdTerguson

Sophomore
Jan 9, 2009
When does it come out? Who do we know is on it? Duke. Indiana? Is it too late to join a Maui Invitational or Puerto Rico Shootout?

Champions Classic vs Duke
CBS Classic vs Ohio St
Louisville @ Rupp
Gonzaga in Seattle
SEC/ACC challenge, probably on the road
Maybe St Johns

That’s what we know so far. IU series starts the following season. Rest of schedule will slowly come out during the summer.

CBS Classic vs Ohio St
Louisville @ Rupp
Gonzaga in Seattle
Maybe St Johns

That’s what we know so far. IU series starts the following season. Rest of schedule will slowly come out during the summer.
Brute of a schedule!

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
CBS Classic vs Ohio St
Louisville @ Rupp
Gonzaga in Seattle
Maybe St Johns

I thought IU was 2029.

As long as we beat Arkansas I could forgive anything else year 1.
I think they beat us this year and I’m good with that. Have a good rest of the year and make the tourney.

They will put on the court our next years team and you’d expect a NT with it. We are truly rebuilding.

St. John’s will probably be the year after as well. Kentucky will probably play the 5 tough non conference games and 8 good lower tier teams/games along with the 18 game league schedule

When does it come out? Who do we know is on it? Duke. Indiana? Is it too late to join a Maui Invitational or Puerto Rico Shootout?
Nope those contracts are signed can’t join those events. Usally schedule comes out late august

By breaking tv contracts already signed, no
After next year were in tho
Let's say one of the teams next year is St. Mary's. They're signed up for X dollars. You pay St. Mary's X+Y to drop out this year and guarantee them the next available spot, knowing that Kentucky fans will make it worth it for you.

Only 1 team per conference goes to Maui. I’m almost certain Auburn is locked in that spot. What about the new NIL tournament though? It’s in Vegas, I’d like to get in that.

St. John’s will probably be the year after as well. Kentucky will probably play the 5 tough non conference games and 8 good lower tier teams/games along with the 18 game league schedule

That will be 6 tough ones. Duke, UL (tough is relative but acc team), road game at acc, essentially road game at Gonzaga, osu and st John's.

That means next season it's at UL and at Saint John's as well.

Gonna sink or swim quick with these tough ooc slates.

Let's say one of the teams next year is St. Mary's. They're signed up for X dollars. You pay St. Mary's X+Y to drop out this year and guarantee them the next available spot, knowing that Kentucky fans will make it worth it for you.
Why would they pay a team to not show up. The lineups set its not changing. Fans of teams have already lined up plans for that trip

Wrong so wrong . No team that signs up for Maui can he bought out . It would cost millions . If you don’t know why read more

So you want UK to play like 7 or 8 games ooc against power 6 competition (im including gonzaga here as well)? Seems like a good way to lose a lot of games ooc.

You can’t educate him . He doesn’t understand the business at all
I guess not because I see it as a win/win/win.

St. Mary's still gets their future slot, plus more money.

Kentucky gets a trip their fans have previously loved and packed the gym every time.

Maui loses the money they have to pay St. Mary's but gains it back and then some because of our fans. That community could use the lift.

St. Mary's was just an example. It could be Memphis, Kansas State, or any other fan base that's not going to travel well.

Football teams pay teams to bow out of a contract all the time.

You work in the mines? Wondering if inhaling that dust and whatever clouds cognitive ability in some way, just trying to make some sense of your suggestion.

They're not going to pay teams to dropout...

who in their right mind would drop out of a tournament in Hawaii?? When there's no basketball activities...its a vacation

They're not going to pay teams to dropout...

who in their right mind would drop out of a tournament in Hawaii?? When there's no basketball activities...its a vacation
They'd simply be pushing back that team a few years. Unless that school's fans have already purchased travel packages for the event. If you're the Maui Invitational you trade a St. Mary's for Kentucky in a heartbeat. If you're the St. Mary's in this scenario, you postpone your Maui trip two or three years, take the buyout money, and play in Puerto Rico or the Bahamas instead.

Only 1 team per conference goes to Maui. I’m almost certain Auburn is locked in that spot. What about the new NIL tournament though? It’s in Vegas, I’d like to get in that.
Alabama and A&M are in that tourney already. Look for more tournaments like that to be popping up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT