Gold Member
Oct 23, 2017
If we get Williams watch out!
PG: Mintz, Askew
SG: Clarke, Allen
SF: Boston, Fletcher
PF: Williams, Brooks, Toppin, Ware
C: Sarr, Jackson

our starting lineup would be all studs. You have Mintz and Askew to run a Teague type role. Clarke and Boston would be the next UK dynamic duo. Then you have Williams and Sarr, the veteran post players. Think Patterson, Darius Miller, WCS type effect. Then you have Jackson, who I believe is a breakout player. You have Brooks, who will be a stud. Then you have Toppin and Allen who both have a HUGE ceiling. And then Fletcher and Ware who will both develop into VERY nice role players.

#9?

I would like to comment on keion 's dad, he gets it, even though they might bring in William's, who could take minutes from his son, he is excited. Aka the dream team effect. Play your butt off. BROOKS STARTS THOUGH. William's will be protected because of past injuries to be ready tournament time. It really doesn't matter who starts though, its who is hot

Brooks knows the system and, I feel earned Cal's trust later last season. I don't see any way he is not starting next season. If Williams comes and is allowed to play, he will get his minutes. Doubt there would be a platoon. But, I could see each player getting lower minutes than normal like the 2015 team. Maybe not everyone getting right around 20 minutes. I think Sarr, Boston and Clarke will get 30. But lots of guys in the 18 to 22 minute range.

our starting lineup would be all studs. You have Mintz and Askew to run a Teague type role. Clarke and Boston would be the next UK dynamic duo. Then you have Williams and Sarr, the veteran post players. Think Patterson, Darius Miller, WCS type effect. Then you have Jackson, who I believe is a breakout player. You have Brooks, who will be a stud. Then you have Toppin and Allen who both have a HUGE ceiling. And then Fletcher and Ware who will both develop into VERY nice role players.

#9?

Toppin won’t be eligible next year correct? No coaching change and not moving closer to home for family reasons. Would love to have him able to play next year for sure though

Reactions: Ky grandpa

#9?

We likely won't be deploying a 10 man rotation. The chances that each and every player on the roster ends up being a good player is low. The only time that has happened at UK in the last 10 years was in 2015. And that team is anomalous on even larger time scales in terms of it's depth.

We most likely will narrow it down to a 6 or 7 man core group. This could be an example:

1. Askew/Clarke/Mintz
2/3. Boston/Mintz
2/3. Clarke/Boston/Mintz/Brooks
4. Brooks/Jackson/Boston
5. Sarr/Jackson

In this situation, an example that's not intended to convey what specific players will be in the rotation, we have a core of 7 players getting the lion share of minutes and almost all the run in competitive games. This better represents minute distribution than a depth chart. We don't have a sub for each player, but rather we have a few guys filling in for spot minutes at a variety of positions.

We likely won't be deploying a 10 man rotation. The chances that each and every player on the roster ends up being a good player is low. The only time that has happened at UK in the last 10 years was in 2015. And that team is anomalous on even larger time scales in terms of it's depth.

We most likely will narrow it down to a 6 or 7 man core group. This could be an example:

1. Askew/Clarke/Mintz
2/3. Boston/Mintz
4. Brooks/Jackson/Boston
5. Sarr/Jackson

In this situation, an example that's not intended to convey what specific players will be in the rotation, we have a core of 7 players getting the lion share of minutes and almost all the run in competitive games. This better represents minute distribution than a depth chart. We don't have a sub for each player, but rather we have a few guys filling in for spot minutes at a variety of positions.
1. Don't underestimate Allen.

2. What depth! Foul trouble? I don't think so!

1. Don't underestimate Allen.

2. What depth! Foul trouble? I don't think so!

This potential lineup will give Calipari a true challenge. So many great possibilities at every spot and it will be difficult challenge for any coach to keep everyone happy. A seven or eight man rotation is impossible.

1. Askew/Clarke/Mintz
2/3. Boston/Mintz
4. Brooks/Jackson/Boston
5. Sarr/Jackson

A 6 or 7 man rotation?! No way. We’ll be much deeper than that. My guess is we will go at least 8 deep (yes, that’s what she said), possibly even 9 or 10. That’s IF Sarr is cleared and Williams commits and is cleared as well.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
if there’s a season i like uk winning it all. we might lose more than some think just because unless cal platoons whittling down to the typical 8 man dynamic will take some time. he’ll probably start with very liberal subbing. there will be a ton of competition going on the first couple months until identities of our rotation are solidified. it won’t be an easy job. guys like allen and ware can really ball. makes me think platooning may be a possibility.

My guess is an 8-man rotation:

Starters

PG Mintz
SG Clarke
SF Boston
PF Brooks
C Sarr

Key Reserves

G Askew- backs up guard spots.
F Williams*- backs up forward spots.
C Jackson- backs up the center spot.

*Ware or Fletcher takes this spot if Williams goes elsewhere.

Allen, Fletcher, and Ware will play early on, but will see their minutes diminish as the year progresses.

Cal might opt to go 9 deep, but the 9th man probably won’t get much PT.

Reactions: fatguy87
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT