ADVERTISEMENT

New UL Coach?...

Are we going to ignore the elephant in the room. I mean if you have a dream you have died and the place you go to has a house with a U of L logo on the door and you think it's heaven then it's pretty obvious you aren't very smart. U of L fans better hope he knows more about basketball than he does about the afterlife.
That wasn’t really a dream he had rather a story he told. Yes he said it was a dream but highly doubt he was serious. He was pandering to his fanbase. Ours just calls us crazy and that we are a bunch of basketball bennies when in reality he knows that we know he is a total fraud.

Seems like a decent hire. I don’t see him having Pitino like results for them, but should get them competitive in a few years.

It remains to be seen how well he can truly coach, he has zero tournament wins, but this is his first crack at a P5 job.

But one thing about him that I like - he is as all-in on the portal and having an experienced roster as any coach in the country. He will deliver a competitive roster with a ton of transfers in year 1, year 2 at the latest.

The talk of Cal changing his approach better end up being true - or our winning streak over them is in danger.

No idea if the guy can put together a competitive roster on the P5 level to compete in the ACC but will see. He will get minimally 2 years but most likely 3 to show he is on the right track. But what I did hear him speak on yesterday I was impressed with him. He is personable, funny, respectful, thankful, and knowledgeable about the game of basketball. That’s 5 traits he has that cal doesn’t. Hate UofL the school but he is likeable. Love uk the school but cal is not likeable at all.

Reactions: CROCAT and Blouman
The mob are more defensive about UL’s coach than UL fans which begs the question… never mind.

What does this mean? Nobody is “defensive”.

Are you insinuating that the folks in this very thread are… what? Secretly UL fans lol?

The main thing I’ve noticed with people talking about their new coach is they wish our current coach would say the same things as he is saying.

His outlook and just general idea of coaching a basketball team is simply something many UK fans wish Cal would have.

Why in the world would you think the folks in this thread are UL fans?

Reactions: EliteBlue
So you are refuting my facts?

Why would I refute facts? You can’t refute facts. I mean you can but it just makes you look silly.

I don’t think my comment insinuated in any way that I was refuting your facts.

I’m being genuine- go back and read my comment again and try to understand what it meant. I think maybe you’re not grasping what I was saying.

Imagine if this dude comes in and beats us at Rupp Arena a month after we take an ass kicking to Duke in the Champions Classic. The level of vitriol on social media and this board for JVC will be at heights never recorded in human history.
The leach report will softball everything like the rest of the media

He has more coaching experience then what KP had. Who knows what success he'll have there but its a big jump for him, but he will have his hands full. I would recommend that he has plenty of bleach around...

Thinking his personality will motivate Cal. Cal’s already got a handful of ul coaches’ scalps and forced them to result to cheating.

LOL

They think we're now scared of him. A guy they were getting ready to have a full on protest against over 48 hours ago....sweet talked them with a dorky press conference and now he's the new Coach K!

He's a good LITTLE coach. Hopefully he doesn't get the SHORT end of the stick there and they treat him right.

It's funny, I saw their Rivals guy Spalding in tears about them hiring him and not Richard Pitino...but suddenly they're all in and it's going to be perfect....then I noticed he started pumping their NIL club....so the money people got involved and told them to can it with their criticism and only push the positive lol

Seems like a Scott SatterDORK type of hire. Nice guy with family values. U6 and that city will eat him alive. Satterfield & Mack couldn't wait to get out of there fast enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT