ADVERTISEMENT

New UL Coach?...

He said he dreamt God lives in a giant mansion with a UofL Cardinal on it. Oh this guy is gonna fit right in, absolute goof ball.

EDIT: And when talking about if he could recruit he said check out his wife, he hoped she didn't hit the transfer portal. 🤣🤣

Imagine if this dude comes in and beats us at Rupp Arena a month after we take an ass kicking to Duke in the Champions Classic. The level of vitriol on social media and this board for JVC will be at heights never recorded in human history.
It might end our misery though.

He's a good hire for them. From the region, brings energy. He'll do well.

Seems like a decent hire. I don’t see him having Pitino like results for them, but should get them competitive in a few years.

Reactions: JASUN74
As a person he seems to be energetic, and a good guy. Not sure if he can coach a bigtime D1 in a power conference but we shall see. I certainly don't hate him yet.

Also, its sad to say that I like him a lot more than I like our current coach. My loathing of Cal and my personal apathy toward our program has opened the door for me not to like LilBro (never happen I don't think) but to at least not hate them like I did when Pitino was there. I am becoming Basketball Fan agnostic because Cal has ruined it for me.

Imagine if this dude comes in and beats us at Rupp Arena a month after we take an ass kicking to Duke in the Champions Classic. The level of vitriol on social media and this board for JVC will be at heights never recorded in human history.
It may happen depending on their roster. We know he will be a better coach most likely on the court. This year is probably pushing it but I can see Cal throw up a stinker.

Last edited:
As a person he seems to be energetic, and a good guy. Not sure if he can coach a bigtime D1 in a power conference but we shall see. I certainly don't hate him yet.

Also, its sad to say that I like him a lot more than I like our current coach. My loathing of Cal and my personal apathy toward our program has opened the door for me not to like LilBro (never happen I don't think) but to at least not hate them like I did when Pitino was there. I am becoming Basketball Fan agnostic because Cal has ruined it for me.
This.
The dude has some juice and wants to WIN not act like his goal is to strike a blow against world hunger. Which oddly Cal never gave a shit about until he started losing.

His goal is to win and I bet that dude has a goal of beating us next year. Honestly, Im afraid he will bc he will build a ROSTER/team while Cal will build for draft night.

The small bit of his introduction I watched, he talked exactly like a preacher giving a sermon. It was exhausting.

Agree 100% !!!

He looks and acts like a capital D douchebag but if he wants to win and tries, well, that’s better than what we have.

Yes sir. I actually don’t despise him and even find myself liking him. He seems solid.

I blame Calipari for that of course. Why is the coach at UL, before he’s even coached a game saying all the things we wish our coach of 15 years would say?

Evidenced by zero tourney wins in His lifetime. 🤣

So? Look at where he’s been before this.

Not sure we’re in any position to making fun of this coach. UL fans are garbage but he actually seems like a good guy and a good coach. I wish our coach of 15 years (who has won 1 tournament game in 5 years while losing to a 14 seed and a 15 seed) would say the things he’s saying. Instead we get “I’m not changing”.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Yeah, I sure wish we were in UL’s shoes. 🤡

In “UL’s shoes”? Not necessarily. But getting a coach that seems to be great at X’s and O’s and main concern seems to be making the college basketball team he coaches win games and be successful instead of worrying about draft picks, ending generational poverty and getting guys to the league? Yeah.

And to think UL has been such garbage the last couple of years due to John Calipari’s protege Kenny Payne 💀 😂

Yes sir. I actually don’t despise him and even find myself liking him. He seems solid.

I blame Calipari for that of course. Why is the coach at UL, before he’s even coached a game saying all the things we wish our coach of 15 years would say?
Amen.

So? Look at where he’s been before this.

Not sure we’re in any position to making fun of this coach. UL fans are garbage but he actually seems like a good guy and a good coach. I wish our coach of 15 years (who has won 1 tournament game in 5 years while losing to a 14 seed and a 15 seed) would say the things he’s saying. Instead we get “I’m not changing”.
So you are refuting my facts?

After looking at his record as a coach, they may have found a good one. We will just have to wait and see how it turns out, but honestly I thought Kenny Payne would do good there. It shocked me how bad of a job he did.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
Are we going to ignore the elephant in the room. I mean if you have a dream you have died and the place you go to has a house with a U of L logo on the door and you think it's heaven then it's pretty obvious you aren't very smart. U of L fans better hope he knows more about basketball than he does about the afterlife.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: jrn71 and Blouman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT