ADVERTISEMENT

New portal guy

Agree, but to me with the portal now and the resources Kentucky has the floor should be making the tourney
I agree but he doesn’t have a whole lotta time. It can be done but I wouldn’t be surprised if next year we don’t take some lumps. I’d rather do that and build a strong foundation but if we are pretty good that will only reinforce my thoughts that he can succeed here.

That would be a mistake IMO unless he just wouldn’t trust him. I think he could help recruiting as long as he’s been here and who he’s helped land over the years.
Think it's no coincidence when Boogie announced and the timing of supposedly turning Antigua down. That was Boogie's guy at UK.

I have no issue with Pope turning him down if he can bring in some heavy hitting recruiting guys.

If we are recruiting guys that SMU, Grand Canyon and Miss St are going after I’m not going to get real excited
I know what you mean cause we did so much with those top rated recruits ….. oh wait…. No we didn’t . People will need to accept the number of year 1 NBA possible recruits are gonna go way down and I’m here for it. Let’s build a program and not a revolving door. In the meantime we need a roster so I’m glad to see Pope looking in all areas

I know what you mean cause we did so much with those top rated recruits ….. oh wait…. No we didn’t . People will need to accept the number of year 1 NBA possible recruits are gonna go way down and I’m here for it. Let’s build a program and not a revolving door. In the meantime we need a roster so I’m glad to see Pope looking in all areas
This mentality is so dumb. Because one guy struggled recently with top talent that means Pope should settle for mediocre players?

GREAT idea….well done!!

And, what the hell does “build a program” even mean? Nobody gave two shits about the revolving door from 2010-2019 but now we need to “build a program” and get guys that care only about UK.

GTFO with that nonsense.

Think it's no coincidence when Boogie announced and the timing of supposedly turning Antigua down. That was Boogie's guy at UK.

I have no issue with Pope turning him down if he can bring in some heavy hitting recruiting guys.
I don’t either but it may have helped keep Fland with this team, we need good players somehow pretty quickly.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Coles did some very good things for TCU in the last 2 NCAA Tournaments. I liked his toughness and shot making the past 2 years when watching.

I don’t either but it may have helped keep Fland with this team, we need good players somehow pretty quickly.
I am the biggest Boogie fan there is-but you have to hire who works with you and shares your vision most importantly.

I will say it's a reflection of what a tool Mitch Barnhart is because that's one of the first questions you ask someone in terms of coming to take your job-who is coming with you/what's your plan of a staff? A Coach in Mark's position should have a list of guys he'd contact if this type of job was going to grant him an interview. This needs to be done by Wednesday. You have $/resources to offer 90% of CBB in terms of a raise/making their job easier.

I am the biggest Boogie fan there is-but you have to hire who works with you and shares your vision most importantly.

I will say it's a reflection of what a tool Mitch Barnhart is because that's one of the first questions you ask someone in terms of coming to take your job-who is coming with you/what's your plan of a staff? A Coach in Mark's position should have a list of guys he'd contact if this type of job was going to grant him an interview. This needs to be done by Wednesday. You have $/resources to offer 90% of CBB in terms of a raise/making their job easier.
I saw where oats is gonna go all out to get fland. Adding fland to that team next year would be unfair, bama is already loaded

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
This mentality is so dumb. Because one guy struggled recently with top talent that means Pope should settle for mediocre players?

GREAT idea….well done!!

And, what the hell does “build a program” even mean? Nobody gave two shits about the revolving door from 2010-2019 but now we need to “build a program” and get guys that care only about UK.

GTFO with that nonsense.
Here's the past years 1st All-SEC players that were transfers and where they started out at

Antonio Reeves- Illinois State
Dalton Knect- Northeastern Junior College
Johni Broome- Morehead State
Mark Sears- Ohio
Tolu Smith- Western Kentucky
Zyon Pullin- UC-Riverside

Thinking you have to have 5 star freshmen or dudes from major programs to be exciting is what’s dumb

Here's the past years 1st All-SEC players that were transfers and where they started out at

Antonio Reeves- Illinois State
Dalton Knect- Northeastern Junior College
Johni Broome- Morehead State
Mark Sears- Ohio
Tolu Smith- Western Kentucky
Zyon Pullin- UC-Riverside

Thinking you have to have 5 star freshmen or dudes from major programs to be exciting is what’s dumb
There are a lot of pretty good players out there.

We don't need to have the players who are projected to be the better NBA player at the age of 24. We need to have the best collection of college players. The best college players aren't necessarily going to be the best NBA players, but they certainly can be better at the age of 22 or 23 than the NBA prospect at 18 or 19.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT