ADVERTISEMENT

New Pet Sematary

LineSkiCat14

All-American
Aug 5, 2015
I know The Paddock has a lot of bad.. Losers, people with bad music tastes, poor people, and some of the smallest penises around.. But it does have it's share of Horror fans, so it's not all bad.

Anyone else see Pet Sematary yet? Pretty underwhelming for the hype it was getting. I heard it had fresh ideas, a great child actor, an unbelievable twist, and above all, it was super dark and unnerving. I think it missed the mark on all those, at least a little.

But it was still a good movie, otherwise. Definitely creepy and Lithgow was great as always. Excited to see this golden age of horror movies continue on rolling.

Anyone see it yet? Hoping to watch "Us" next.

Yeah I saw it. Its okay, not sure it's as good as the original. The moms sister was pretty gross.

Us is good...its a movie to watch multiple times because Peele is all about messaging

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Def liked the original better. The more it's set in, the more I'm Meh on it. Felt like some of the 2000s remakes and slashes that were just color by numbers. You could see the ending from a mile away.

We were planning to see it over the weekend, but changed our minds after seeing so many less-than-stellar reviews. We saw ‘Us’ instead. It was pretty good, but not as good as we’d hoped it be after seeing the trailer at previous shows.

It was a 6. They didn't botch it like other remakes. It didn't feel like a lazy cash-in. And it was good. But they could have done so much more.

This scene was underwhelming. For starters, you knew which character was going to get it from the trailer, otherwise it might have been a great twist. And hearing how brutal this movie was, I expected a horrific crash. Instead it could have been a hallmark christmas movie scene

Most modern horror is garbage or just remakes of when horror was actually good. It was always my favorite genre of movie growing up, but now I rarely waste my time on them. There is just very little originality in Hollywood anymore. These days they either try to profit on the same movie again or you get crap like The Bird Box.

Most modern horror is garbage or just remakes of when horror was actually good. It was always my favorite genre of movie growing up, but now I rarely waste my time on them. There is just very little originality in Hollywood anymore. These days they either try to profit on the same movie again or you get crap like The Bird Box.

The remakes can be hit or miss, but spend this weekend going through some of the better rated Horror movies of the last 5 years.. I think you'd find that the genre is on a serious upswing.

For big-ticket movies:
The Witch
Hereditary
The Quiet Ones
Get Out
Any of the James Wan movies (although I'm not a fan)

There's even been some great and campy (campy is good when it comes to Horror) remakes: New Chucky movies, It, Puppet Master, Suspiria, etc.

Reactions: UKBrassowTipIN
Both movie versions are horrible.

Fairly unredeeming story by King, too. Nothing good or positive whatsoever happens in the book. Still creeped the hell out of my teenage self, though.

Reactions: CastleRubric
I read the book, both films pale in comparison.

Shining is the same way. That booked freaked me out for weeks. The films, meh.

Reactions: homeytheclown
Both movie versions are horrible.

Fairly unredeeming story by King, too. Nothing good or positive whatsoever happens in the book. Still creeped the hell out of my teenage self, though.

It really is his most depressing and sobering story. The '89 one was the beginning of his cheese era for films. But I still liked it. The sister was creepy, Gage's death, the shoe, and the pictures of his life flashing before Louis' eyes still haunt me. Great music, too. And Fred Gwynne.

I read the book, both films pale in comparison.

Shining is the same way. That booked freaked me out for weeks. The films, meh.

I thought The Shining was, and still is, one of the scariest movies out there. I sometimes wish there was no tie to the book, because too many people get hung up on the differences. Kubrick made a bone-chilling movie..

One more thing with Pet Sematary.. it was only 133 minutes, 10 minutes shorter than the original. Doesn't sound like much, but the movie was already rushed. So to take another 10 minutes off made the entire thing feel more like a short story. Everything was kind of abridged.

I was severely underwhelmed by the recent Halloween movie. Maybe my expectations were too high, but almost from beginning to end I was bored watching it. Have come to the conclusion it is REALLY hard for Hollywood to come up with new ideas because about everything has been done before and trying to successfully re-create old classics is even harder.

It really is his most depressing and sobering story. The '89 one was the beginning of his cheese era for films. But I still liked it. The sister was creepy, Gage's death, the shoe, and the pictures of his life flashing before Louis' eyes still haunt me. Great music, too. And Fred Gwynne.

I thought The Shining was, and still is, one of the scariest movies out there. I sometimes wish there was no tie to the book, because too many people get hung up on the differences. Kubrick made a bone-chilling movie..

One more thing with Pet Sematary.. it was only 133 minutes, 10 minutes shorter than the original. Doesn't sound like much, but the movie was already rushed. So to take another 10 minutes off made the entire thing feel more like a short story. Everything was kind of abridged.

I can dig that, but I saw the movie a few days after finishing the book. No way I could watch without the comparison. I am sure if I saw the film without the book being so fresh it would of been different.

It's hard to put a King book that's 600+ pages onto the big screen. It's why most of his movies don't work well. Waaaay too much stuff being glossed over.

I know The Paddock has a lot of bad.. Losers, people with bad music tastes, poor people, and some of the smallest penises around.. But it does have it's share of Horror fans, so it's not all bad.

Anyone else see Pet Sematary yet? Pretty underwhelming for the hype it was getting. I heard it had fresh ideas, a great child actor, an unbelievable twist, and above all, it was super dark and unnerving. I think it missed the mark on all those, at least a little.

But it was still a good movie, otherwise. Definitely creepy and Lithgow was great as always. Excited to see this golden age of horror movies continue on rolling.

Anyone see it yet? Hoping to watch "Us" next.
Saw it this past weekend. A bit different script but a lot of similarities with the 1989 version. The star of the show was the cat, LOL.

A lot of good horror now is indie or foreign.

However, hereditary made me feel dreadful as hell. Total f'd up flick

Just saw a movie called The Silence on Netflix that was ok. A bit to much like A Quiet Place that just came out not to long ago. It at least gives a better background story to what is going on, but has a rushed ending. Should have had about 15 more minutes built into the ending.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT