ADVERTISEMENT

NEW Official Fire Coach Cal Thread

Episode 12 Fist Bump GIF by One Chicago

This is, unfortunately, what I must do now. I'm 61, and after 50+ years of watching every UK game that was televised, I have developed severe anxiety and simply am unable to sit through a game without having an attack. ( I NEVER would have believed anxiety was like this, tbh.)
I watch the game the next day if we win, if not, I don't. Perhaps when Cal finally leaves I might try watching a game l, as I just cannot stomach watching the man running up and down the sidelines screaming like a lunatic.

I'll always be a huge UK fan whether I can ever actually sit and watch a game, but after five decades of watching, it truly sucks not being able to watch my beloved Wildcats.☹️

Edit: yes, I wish he could be removed as coach, but it won't happen unfortunately.
I'm pretty much in the same position, except my heart doctor told me that if I couldn't watch the game without getting upset, then I shouldn't watch it. He knows how much I love my Cats, because he does too. (He went to medical school there!). I definitely agree that he needs to leave, for the good of the program and the university.

Granted It's time for a change, But as a fan of ALL UK sports, women's Elsey needs to go way way before Cal..Let the bashing begin! In way over her head..

I've heard this argument numerous times. But, I can't for one second believe that Calipari doesn't care about winning and losing. If you do, you see a different coach than I see. If he truly cared about the players and their futures, then he has to care about winning and losing.
Why exactly does it affect the players futures? He is getting guys that could have gone to the NBA out of high school if the rules allowed it. The NBA doesn’t care about wins and losses. They are happy with the highlight reels. They are going to develop them their way anyhow. Really the probably like it better that Cal doesn’t teach them anything. That way they don’t have to break the bad habits. They are happier that he doesn’t force them to play with any real intensity. Less chance of damaging the show ponies. Sure he likes to get a W, it’s just not that big of a deal for him to eat an L.

Pitino cost us a title in 97 with a coaching malpractice and more than motivation is needed, especially looking how Pitino teams struggled against us for years.
Pitino was never the same guy after he came back from the NBA. Becoming a traitor seems to eat away at you. Add to that the difficulty of recruiting at Louisville and he sold his soul.

The time has come to stop the mockery of Kentucky Basketball. The take young men from less than good conditions of the inner city and make them millionaires no matter the cost to our University needs to stop. This is not Kentucky Basketball and has not been for a handful of years. It is time for this Pennsylvania coach to take his liberal causes back to the North. I am fed up with being the middle of the pack SEC team, losing games that fall on the coach. Top rated players riding the bench while he promotes his 5 star talent is beyond stupid. If you haven't figured it out, I cant stand the guy. He can make it to the 4 this year and I would still want him gone. Why you say, because that would buy him another handful of years to take us farther down. Get on the plane and get out, that is my wish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT