ADVERTISEMENT

NEW Official Fire Coach Cal Thread

Anyone with any affection for the UK program at all will agree with this. UK will never with another title with CCC at the helm!
I finally had to accept the fact that Calipari has been honest about his intentions of being UKs coach since he has been here. It has never changed and he coaches that way. He stated that he wanted to help make a difference in young men's life and maybe win a few national championships along the way.

He is not going to teach anything that's not done in the NBA (no zone, full court press, etc.). Winning at UK is secondary to his players making it in the NBA. He has to play Edwards so he doesn't lose recruits in the future (no other reason for him to get minutes). And yes he is a terrible coach when it comes to Xs and Os, game planning, and in game adjustments. That's why he has the worst home and tournament losses.

Obviously this is not what is best for UK but that's what we have. You can gripe about most everything he does. He won't listen and doesn't care. Once you realize this you won't need to become so invested in games until he is gone.

It will take the majority of the fan base to turn against Cal for him to leave. He has got enough money along with his ego not to stay where he is not wanted.

\
Anyone with any affection for the UK program at all will agree with this. UK will never with another title with CCC at the helm!
This is the most bi-polar fan base in all of sports. When we are winning you people act like we are Golden State. When we lose, you act like we are........UofL. Teams have off nights, and playing on the road is always difficult. It happens. Get over it.

NBA teams take nights off. I think UK decided to last night
I gotta admit, last night totally caught me off guard. From USC's ferocious defense to our going totally cold, missing shots, missing layups, and the bizarre no foul calls for USC in both the first 10 minutes of the first half and probably 5-6 minutes into the second. Not blaming the refs at all, just pointing out how odd and unpredictable last night was. The two things that had to happen for USC to win, happened. They played next level defense and all of our players went cold.

My fear is that now this team will panic and try to overdo it at Arkansas and the rest of the games. Some teams hit their strides, and some hit a skid. Let's just hope last night was just another anomaly (UNCW wasn't as bad as last night, play-wise).

\

This is the most bi-polar fan base in all of sports. When we are winning you people act like we are Golden State. When we lose, you act like we are........UofL. Teams have off nights, and playing on the road is always difficult. It happens. Get over it.
Sure every team has off nights. So how many years between FF is acceptable to you?
It's OK to lose at home to Evansville and UNCW among others? How far down is it OK to finish in the SEC? Please respond so I can't try and understand your statement.

Some teams hit their strides, and some hit a skid. Let's just hope last night was just another anomaly (UNCW wasn't as bad as last night, play-wise).
UConn lost 6 of 8 around this same time last year and we all know how that ended up. Hopefully this was just a bit of a skid, but the defense has been awful the last few games. We've gone from 43 in efficiency to 98. Last night wasn't the end of the world, but it better serve as a wakeup call and get this team and its coaches going a bit.

Reactions: TheDude73
UConn lost 6 of 8 around this same time last year and we all know how that ended up. Hopefully this was just a bit of a skid, but the defense has been awful the last few games. We've gone from 43 in efficiency to 98. Last night wasn't the end of the world, but it better serve as a wakeup call and get this team and its coaches going a bit.
Have said this before but it’s worth repeating. We aren’t going to get better on defense playing the same defense over and over every game. Teams play so well against us because they know exactly what we are going to do defensively and game plan accordingly, it really is that simple. Our only hope is for the other team to be off and miss their open shots.

Reactions: CatPhight
I gotta admit, last night totally caught me off guard. From USC's ferocious defense to our going totally cold, missing shots, missing layups, and the bizarre no foul calls for USC in both the first 10 minutes of the first half and probably 5-6 minutes into the second. Not blaming the refs at all, just pointing out how odd and unpredictable last night was. The two things that had to happen for USC to win, happened. They played next level defense and all of our players went cold.

My fear is that now this team will panic and try to overdo it at Arkansas and the rest of the games. Some teams hit their strides, and some hit a skid. Let's just hope last night was just another anomaly (UNCW wasn't as bad as last night, play-wise).
My fear is the guy on the sideline.

I finally had to accept the fact that Calipari has been honest about his intentions of being UKs coach since he has been here. It has never changed and he coaches that way. He stated that he wanted to help make a difference in young men's life and maybe win a few national championships along the way.

He is not going to teach anything that's not done in the NBA (no zone, full court press, etc.). Winning at UK is secondary to his players making it in the NBA. He has to play Edwards so he doesn't lose recruits in the future (no other reason for him to get minutes). And yes he is a terrible coach when it comes to Xs and Os, game planning, and in game adjustments. That's why he has the worst home and tournament losses.

Obviously this is not what is best for UK but that's what we have. You can gripe about most everything he does. He won't listen and doesn't care. Once you realize this you won't need to become so invested in games until he is gone.

It will take the majority of the fan base to turn against Cal for him to leave. He has got enough money along with his ego not to stay where he is not wanted.
I've heard this argument numerous times. But, I can't for one second believe that Calipari doesn't care about winning and losing. If you do, you see a different coach than I see. If he truly cared about the players and their futures, then he has to care about winning and losing.

Reactions: the stat man
\

Bi polar is a nice way of putting it for some of the people that post on here especially after a loss .

I've heard this argument numerous times. But, I can't for one second believe that Calipari doesn't care about winning and losing. If you do, you see a different coach than I see. If he truly cared about the players and their futures, then he has to care about winning and losing.
He continues to play Edwards’s.

Winning and losing can't be his priority or he is truly a terrible coach. Why would you never play zone or press at least for a few possessions? Why would Edwards continue to start when he hasn't earned it? 27 minutes and only 2 pts to show against USC. Although maybe he is when he can't understand how opponents shoot a high percentage against them. Seems to me they are probably so wide open compared to other team defenses.

I mean, we can keep rehashing these threads or create new ones every few days but Cal is not getting fired. Not this year, not next or the next one after that.

UK does not have the money to get rid of him (if they even want to), does not have the boosters to raise the money and the only booster that could afford to do it (Joe Craft) is friends with Cal.

Like it or not, Cal is here until he doesn't want to be any longer. And 50 of the same thread screaming and yelling for him to be fired on a message board isn't going to change it at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT