ADVERTISEMENT

New LED light show

Nov 21, 2023
It appears that a new LED light system and ribbon board are coming to Kroger Field.
It is amazing to me that stadiums can turn all the lights on and off with the the push of a button?
I guess I'm just old? Here we go!

It appears that a new LED light system and ribbon board are coming to Kroger Field.
It is amazing to me that stadiums can turn all the lights on and off with the the push of a button?
I guess I'm just old? Here we go!

For real, when I was still coaching, those lights going out meant close to 15 minutes before they were bright again.

"Mitch finally catching up with the rest of the teams' stadium light shows."

I think he was waiting on your check to clear.
What did he do with that $51 Million brought in by football TV contract????

Mitch has plenty of money to keep up with other SEC football programs.

He obviously chooses to use football money for other sports.

What did he do with that $51 Million brought in by football TV contract????

Mitch has plenty of money to keep up with other SEC football programs.

He obviously chooses to use football money for other sports.
This.

We’re having to raise funds for a light system and WiFi? How are we broke after getting $51 million? If we’re saving up to buy out Cal then I’m all for it! Otherwise, where is the money going?

Ha, the SEC TV money goes to paying exorbitant 6 figure salaries to coaches of 18 revenue-negative sports that aren't watched by 11 people total. Oh and a bevy of senior assistant athletic directors, patronage do-nothing deadweights.

The football and basketball programs have been financing new educational buildings and student housing for a few years now. I'm sure that you can stipulate that your donation goes directly to football.
And I'm sure that you can stipulate that your donation goes directly to educational buildings and student housing if they are underfunded and that is who you feel like needs your support.

See how that works??

Maybe those fans who spend out the rear end supporting the sports programs, NIL, K Club, season ticket prices, etc. feel like we are getting the short end of the stick since some (all) of our major sports programs are unable to compete for even a conference championship, let alone a national championship.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
For real, when I was still coaching, those lights going out meant close to 15 minutes before they were bright again.

Freshman football game. I'm walking off the field after a timeout is called. Every light goes out (I'm from out in the country) and it's pitch black with the just faintest moonlight. I hear someone yell "They're hittin' us, boys!" I run back on the field and into a massive donnybrook with players swinging their helmets and throwing haymakers. Took a long time to break that fight up in the dark.

Good times.

• Wow
Reactions: Girthang
The football and basketball programs have been financing new educational buildings and student housing for a few years now. I'm sure that you can stipulate that your donation goes directly to football.
I thought they all but privatized housing.

Seriously, all the old tales about the lights, these new light shows are pretty cool and almost everyone will enjoy it. A nice addition to the game.

Reactions: K86
Sounds like the hangar lights we had in the Air Force. When you turned them on, they stayed dim until they warmed up and then got really bright. I think they were mercury vapor bulbs.

Reactions: Girthang
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT