ADVERTISEMENT

New baseball stadium update

Tskware

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2003
Fences are down and I took a closer look - WOW that place is going to be a serious upgrade over the Cliff. I think I was standing on what I assume will be the defacto new party deck, right next to the LF foul pole and the bullpen. It is going to be great.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
Does the outside look as much like a spaceship as some pictures make it out to be?

Architect/artist renderings of the new stadium design look really nice. I can't wait to go up there for a few games when it opens. Oh, and speaking of UK baseball, I noticed that in the recent major league baseball draft, 13 wildcats were picked, leading all other schools. This is a great era for the bat cats.

Do we know when the first day is and/or the first time slot is? Trying to see how far down the list I am.

I wonder when they are going to announce the name for it?
Does anybody have any idea if there will be an open house when it is completed. I'm not a season ticket holder, but try to make several games a year and I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Does anybody have any idea if there will be an open house when it is completed. I'm not a season ticket holder, but try to make several games a year and I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

I sent an email into the ticket office and asked about that. All they could tell me is that they're hoping to coordinate a tour but it would depend on the construction schedule.

They are going to play two fall games (against Xavier and Michigan) which will be free to the fans. I think he Xavier game will be the same day as (either) the South Carolina or Mississippi St home football game(s).

We went by there yesterday after fan day...the outer fencing is down and the surrounding grounds outside are still I mess. You could see a little inside where some seats were in. I'm guessing that things will go much quicker now putting the finishing touches on the facility...GOCATS!!!

I looks like the home dugout will be on the 3rd base side, since that will be closer to the locker rooms, unlike at CHS, where it is on the 1st base side. I guess there is no set standard for which side the home team uses. When my wife and I went to see the Cats play IU this year, I saw that their stadium is set up with the home dugout on the 3rd base side.

From watching the webcam, it looks like they have completed the field drainage and have put down the gravel. The artificial turf should start any day now.

Latest I heard was that coaches and staff would move in next week. Players maybe the next week. Field should be ready by mid September.

When do they typically begin fall practice? Will this be a setback?
Not sure the start date. They could always start off at CHS. They have 2 Fall games scheduled. The game against Michigan is scheduled for October 13th or 14th. Not sure about the date for Xavier.

Not sure the start date. They could always start off at CHS. They have 2 Fall games scheduled. The game against Michigan is scheduled for October 13th or 14th. Not sure about the date for Xavier.

Ahh, yes, that's a quite obvious solution. Haha. Just don't want a new stadium to limit outside time.

Team practice is Sept. 14th and will be conducted over at the Cliff until the turf is installed near the end of Sept.

Scrimmages on Fridays, Saturday, Sundays and Wednesdays. Times for these will be announced by Tuesday of each week.

Sept 29th vs Xavier TBD
Oct. 14th vs Michigan TBD
Oct. 26-28 Fall World Series

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT