ADVERTISEMENT

Never ending cycle

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
With news Cal is more likely to be back, I guess we will be doing this until 2029 when his contract runs out. We don’t have an AD with the balls do anything. Can’t wait to have these conversations again next March!

With news Cal is more likely to be back, I guess we will be doing this until 2029 when his contract runs out. We don’t have an AD with the balls do anything. Can’t wait to have these conversations again next March!
The fan base is nearly 100 percent united. They better read the room.

Last edited:
Cal might get renewed like Brainfart’s was unbelievable

Cal has a better record than Tom Izzo. Yet Izzo is as secure in his position as any coach in America. He is practically an institution at MSU. Everyone reveres him.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
The concenus seems to be that there isn’t a clear cut replacement. Sticking with the status quo is worse than taking a chance in my opinion. Mediocre results and a coach who will never change, or take a chance and find a better replamcent. The answer is simple but it’s looking like we are stuck with the same bs and nothing will ever change

Cal has a better record than Tom Izzo. Yet Izzo is as secure in his position as any coach in America. He is practically an institution at MSU. Everyone reveres him.
At least seems to care about making a run in the tournament. Did you hear his comments after the game yesterday? Why can’t Cal be like that? Instead all Cal wants to talk about is the “unbelievable” group he has next year

Are you justifying his continued presence with that statement or just making a point? Either way, most of us don’t give a damn!

No they don’t. A lot of MSU fans think the game has passed him by. They love him and appreciate what he’s done in the past, but they’re ready for something new.

The thing that Izzo doesn’t do is talk down to the fans. That’s the main difference between the two situations.

Cal, on top of all the recent losing, is just an annoying human being.

The Twitter group defending this bs are convincing themselves that a team of Sheppard, Wagner, adou, and z along with the recruits can compete lol. That team is built like that will be mid as hell. One shooter a bunch of non creators and bad floor spacing and the same issues that have existed with calipari on the past. Why can people not see that if this happens next year has disaster written all over it

The only way this remotely works is if they announce Cal is retiring after the season and they are giving him a retirement tour. There is no other way for this to work, at least with that we will know either way he is gone no matter what.

The only way this remotely works is if they announce Cal is retiring after the season and they are giving him a retirement tour. There is no other way for this to work, at least with that we will know either way he is gone no matter what.
No, the only way this works, is he's fired. He can do his farewell tour by eating at every Denny's around KY.

• Haha
Reactions: dezyDeco and ZMCats
No, the only way this works, is he's fired. He can do his farewell tour by eating at every Denny's around KY.
I agree but it just seems like it’s not going to happen. So if Mitch allows him to return then there better be big changes within his contract and other parts of the program.

After we lost in the second round last year, Mitch Barnhart should’ve met with Cal and demanded that he change his OAD approach. If Cal said anything other than yes, he should’ve told him to move on. All this stuff is at least a year over due.

I am so sick and tired of the Kevin Knox, Keldon Johnson, EJ Montgomery, Marcus Lee, Keion Brooks, Wenyan Gabriel, Jared Vanderbilt, Justin Edwards, etc long athlete but can’t hit the ocean type of guys. And if you do wanna recruit them, they’re not good enough as freshmen to lead your team! You have to surround them with veterans.

Give me a 6’5” Keith Bogans or Jodie Meeks who knows how to play college basketball all day long over those other dudes. SICK OF IT!

Reactions: UKNothinButNet
Didn't we JUST DO THAT. IN 2021 AND NOW THIS YEAR? WITH CHIN, O, AND WELSH? LOL, this administration is a joke.
It’s wild, our staff has changed so much the last 4-5 years and the same results. I fear we’re just going keep kicking the can down the road until the buyout is less. Madness

• Sad
Reactions: RunninRichie
I think his time has come and gone.
I'm not sure the heiracy cares what the fan base thinks.
TV revenues and endorsements are ingredients in this too.
Money created this mess and money will add to or take away the suffering.
I applaud your fervor lest you misintrepret my post.
It's merely how I see this mess.

You would be stunned to see the FB group that was referenced in another thread. There was some article or something the page had a long time ago that I wanted to read so I joined the group. 28K members and it is just excuse after excuse for Cal. Page says no bashing allowed but the members call those who want Cal fired ignorant, uneducated hateful etc. You want a textbook definition of ”groupthink” go to that page.

You would be stunned to see the FB group that was referenced in another thread. There was some article or something the page had a long time ago that I wanted to read so I joined the group. 28K members and it is just excuse after excuse for Cal. Page says no bashing allowed but the members call those who want Cal fired ignorant, uneducated hateful etc. You want a textbook definition of ”groupthink” go to that page.
That page is an embarrasment.

They are in their own tired cycle. Start really slowly out of the gate, look marginally better during the year, somehow get an 8 or 9 seed, beat the other 8 or 9 seed, and then get bounced. MSU needs a new start, too.

That page is an embarrasment.
I quit following a long time ago but when I saw a post referring to a FB page discussing Cal coming back I went back to see. I agree we have fans that can be too negative, and right now I’m very negative about the current state of the program, but that site is in complete denial.

The reason, Izzo is not a bullshitter!

There will always be a group who refuses to question leadership/coaches. I don’t know, it somehow gives them some sense of moral superiority. I don’t know anyone who wants him back. This past season was suppose to be it, we got nothing to show for it.

Reactions: fisherscatfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT