ADVERTISEMENT

Need Your Prayers REALLY BADLY

Just wanted to provide a quick update. All signs/tests still point to significant brain damage - and the prognosis of a "reasonable recovery" is remote from a human perspective. Travis is still comatose. We have already met with the "Organ Donor" organization and the "Hospice Team" - just incase they are needed. Originally the neurologist stated "probably 1 in a million chance he ever wakes up". Things have improved ever so slightly over the past 3 days and we're now up to "1 in a thousand" as there have been a few signs of some fleeting brain activity.
All of that being said, God is still in control. Even if the odds are only 1 in 1,000 God gets to decide who the "1" is. There are literally thousands of people praying for Travis across several continents. His heart is strong. His vital signs are strong. He is breathing without requiring a push from the breathing machine. Every system in his body is working full-bore except his brain. Our prayer is for God to use Travis to His greater perfect plan. We pray that God either pushes the door wide open (and brings Travis back to us whole) or closes the door decisively and bring Travis home to Him. That is how Travis would have wanted it.
Throughout this all, we have already seen miracles occur in relationships among friends and family - and in so many peoples' walk with God. When you go through something like this and are "broken" by it, you find yourself not caring as much about all of the stuff that surrounds us daily and you really focus on what is real.
Again, we thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers.
Travis loved BBN and I am so touched at the outpouring of love for Travis from all of you.
I will update you again when I can. This is pretty tough as a father - I'm supposed to protect my kids and make sure nothing bad happens to them. It's just a reminder that God is never surprised by anything - He either allows or He causes everything to happen - and I continue to try to find comfort in that fact and to discover over time everything that His plan entails.

Just wanted to provide a quick update. All signs/tests still point to significant brain damage - and the prognosis of a "reasonable recovery" is remote from a human perspective. Travis is still comatose. We have already met with the "Organ Donor" organization and the "Hospice Team" - just incase they are needed. Originally the neurologist stated "probably 1 in a million chance he ever wakes up". Things have improved ever so slightly over the past 3 days and we're now up to "1 in a thousand" as there have been a few signs of some fleeting brain activity.
All of that being said, God is still in control. Even if the odds are only 1 in 1,000 God gets to decide who the "1" is. There are literally thousands of people praying for Travis across several continents. His heart is strong. His vital signs are strong. He is breathing without requiring a push from the breathing machine. Every system in his body is working full-bore except his brain. Our prayer is for God to use Travis to His greater perfect plan. We pray that God either pushes the door wide open (and brings Travis back to us whole) or closes the door decisively and bring Travis home to Him. That is how Travis would have wanted it.
Throughout this all, we have already seen miracles occur in relationships among friends and family - and in so many peoples' walk with God. When you go through something like this and are "broken" by it, you find yourself not caring as much about all of the stuff that surrounds us daily and you really focus on what is real.
Travis loved BBN and I am so touched at the outpouring of love for Travis from all of you.
I will update you again when I can. This is pretty tough as a father - I'm supposed to protect my kids and make sure nothing bad happens to them. It's just a reminder that God is never surprised by anything - He either allows or He causes everything to happen - and I continue to try to find comfort in that fact and to discover over time everything that His plan entails.

God will bless you and your family Sir! God's peace to you all at this time.

So very sorry UK that you and your family are going this. Your strength and Faith is a testimony that God never gives us more than we can bear and there isn’t anything as close to that as what you are going through. Keep the Faith (as I know you are) mountains have already moved from a million to a thousand and they can move again. Whatever the outcome may God get the glory. Will continue praying for you, your family and healing and recovery for Travis.

Your story and your faithfulness stirred my heart , continued prayers
Same here Manitou. I was particularly touched by the grace and faith in this comment . . .

"We pray that God either pushes the door wide open (and brings Travis back to us whole) or closes the door decisively and bring Travis home to Him. That is how Travis would have wanted it"

I know either way Travis is in God's care and his future is secure, but man I'm praying he has more time here with his great father and family.

I don't post on this forum very often, but some of you know me because I am a member of Big Blue Nation Cares. I have worked with BradyJames for about 15 years providing free basketball and football tickets to UK fans from all walks of life.
I'm writing tonight because (yesterday) my 32-year old son experienced cardiac arrest and his brain was without oxygen for way too long.
He is currently in a medically-induced coma in a hypothermic state - to supposedly preserve his organs.
Tonight at 9PM Eastern time, the doctors will begin raising his body temperature by 1/2 degree per hour until he reaches normal temp early tomorrow morning.
Most of the attending physicians don't think he has any chance at all of ever waking up again - but I've seed God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit work bigger miracles.
So I ask any of you that are so inclined to pray for him. His name is Travis. There will be 100's of friends and family members tonight at 9PM who will stop what they are doing and spend a moment praying for God's intervention and Holy healing for Travis' life.
Thank you.
Praying mightily for you son.

Thanks for the update, I’m still praying everyday for him. Glad to see some improvement. God is good. I hope he determines his time is not yet up on this earth. We have many more national championships we need him apart of! God bless.

prayers sent
my heart breaks for you, your son and your family

I don't post on this forum very often, but some of you know me because I am a member of Big Blue Nation Cares. I have worked with BradyJames for about 15 years providing free basketball and football tickets to UK fans from all walks of life.
I'm writing tonight because (yesterday) my 32-year old son experienced cardiac arrest and his brain was without oxygen for way too long.
He is currently in a medically-induced coma in a hypothermic state - to supposedly preserve his organs.
Tonight at 9PM Eastern time, the doctors will begin raising his body temperature by 1/2 degree per hour until he reaches normal temp early tomorrow morning.
Most of the attending physicians don't think he has any chance at all of ever waking up again - but I've seed God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit work bigger miracles.
So I ask any of you that are so inclined to pray for him. His name is Travis. There will be 100's of friends and family members tonight at 9PM who will stop what they are doing and spend a moment praying for God's intervention and Holy healing for Travis' life.
Thank you.
Your so correct, the heavenly father/holy spirit, can and does miracles. My prayers will be with you and your family. I truly understand, I had to be revived twice after my heart stop beating back in 1989.

Holy Father, Lord Jesus we come united in prayer for Travis at this time of his need. Lord Jesus we pray that Your Holy and Healing hand will be upon Travis, that You will give special insight and knowledge to the doctors and technical staff to minister to Travis' needs and to bring healing.

We know Holy Jesus that by You and from You all things are possible and we pray that if it is Your will that Travis will come trough this - beginning tonight at 9:00...let Travis respond Lord Jesus, give him strength and vitality to come through this procedure and to continue to heal...in Your name Lord Jesus we pray. Amen.

Thank you.
Father Bless this man and family with a healing. No other being can perform miracles as you do-heavenly Father. Awaken this young man and bring all his organs back to normal. In Jesus name..

I was in a similar situation 3.5 years ago with my daughter in the hospital (brain aneurysm). It’s difficult to understand.

Another update:
On Tuesday, the doctor told us that Travis would never open his eyes again.
Today, with the UK-Arky game on in his hospital room and the speaker placed right beside his ear, he opened his eyes several times and stared at the TV. There's still a spark. At this point, we'll take anything.
God is good.

Another update:
Today, with the UK-Arky game on in his hospital room and the speaker placed right beside his ear, he opened his eyes several times and stared at the TV. There's still a spark. At this point, we'll take anything.
God is good.
YES !!!

Praise Him !!!

Prayers continue for Travis !!!

Another update:
God is good.
This is really good news. Never give up hope. I will say a prayer again tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT