ADVERTISEMENT

Ncaa tournament canceled

giphy.gif
Thanks alot:flush:

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
They could have, and were planning to do so. However, then an NBA player got the virus and the NBA shut down. That was the end of it. Also, conference tournaments should have gone no-fan from the beginning as a test. At the end of the day, having the athletes criss-crossing around the country is still a problem. You are creating 10s of thousands of possible vectors for spread. Every week, hundreds of people sweating on each other then returning to college before repeating it in a different location a week later? Probably better to avoid that, otherwise you ARE going to end up forcibly locked in your house for a month.

...this is the better of the two options.

And what of the tens of thousands of US schools where students sweat all over each other each day?

Watch and see how most every school in America is still open come this time next Friday.

“Research Pangolin”- thanks but no, I failed 2nd grade history, twice. I’m letting my imagination carry me to the graveyard. It’s keeping me afloat so far after 50 something years. Course, I wait for the southern breezes, and watch for the geese. Or vice-versa. Especially when my allergies flair up.

Reactions: spartacat
They (and all others) had no choice. They couldn't take the chance of being the outlier. If any organization didn't/doesn't follow suit and make similar cancellations and then something happens, lawsuits would potentially follow quickly.
This is 50% of the reason they cancelled it. The liability with all of the players, coaches, managers, Refs, etc was just too much to take a chance. It would bankrupt schools.

Of course no one wants to catch/spread it, but the insurers probably told the NCAA that it was untenable after all of the other professional leagues suspending play.

Sad sad sad! Unbelievable how people are panicking over this.

You would think China would of had a few million deaths with a population of 1.3B if this virus was what they are saying it is. But it's not even close to that at 3,169. Hmm Something fishy about all this.

Are you saying that this wouldn't be a big deal until a few million had died? That's the water mark when we would need to start worrying?

Reactions: 420grover
What a way to finish your UK career if you’re Ashton Hagans. Assuming he doesn’t return.
What about Nate Sestina? I feel horrible for him. He came here with one year to do something he really hadn't had a chance to do. Sure he had played in the Tourney, but not as a really good seed with our hopes. He's the first one I thought about. He's not going to the NBA, maybe overseas, but this was a big year for him and maybe the pinnacle of his career. Very sad.

I took a break on here for a while and was planning to come back after the SECT. I'm so bummed about what has transpired with the NCAAT. I'm so sad for the fans, coaches, players, cities that were hosting, arena workers, local businesses, etc...

This is devastating to so many whether it be emotionally or economically. It just sucks.

Sad sad sad! Unbelievable how people are panicking over this.

You would think China would of had a few million deaths with a population of 1.3B if this virus was what they are saying it is. But it's not even close to that at 3,169. Hmm Something fishy about all this.

I think the problem is that you’ve not been paying attention to everything China has
been doing in order to limit the number of infections. The country has been locked down for three months.

This is what has been occurring in China:
  • Travel between major cities is banned and enforced by the military
  • All schools, non-essential stores (e.g., clothing, movie theaters, malls) are closed
  • Majority of bank branches are closed
  • No one can use public transportation or enter the few businesses that are still open without wearing a face mask
  • Every time you enter an office building, you are required to have your temperature checked
  • Anyone with even a slightly elevated temperature is immediately sent to quarantine
  • Neighborhoods are closed to non-residents and you must show proof of residency to security
  • If someone in an apartment building catches COVID-19, the entire building is quarantined and no one can leave the building
  • Any businesses that are still open must close each day at 6pm and be sprayed with disinfectant
  • Teams in hazmat suits are constantly walking through the cities to fumigate streets, parks and other open spaces
The reason infections and deaths are not higher in China is because they’ve been taking extreme measures for the last three months.

You might want to pay more attention to what’s going on in the world.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT