ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA enforcement office calls Kansas' violations 'egregious, severe'

I hope Kansas drags this out for a decade. Until the all time cheater, North Carolina at Chapel Hill, pays their sentence, Kansas and everybody else should tell the NCAA to stick it.

Reactions: Fox2monk and FltDoc
The first money quote, and then the second where "the institution does not dispute" certainly stand out.

If you don't dispute a fact it is deemed admitted. Looks like Kansas made a fundamental mistake in its response. There is no escape on that one. They are getting hammered.
UNC made the same mistake when it ADMITTED the classes were fraudulent. However, once they realized they had admitted to a fact that would be their only defense theNCAA graciously allowed UNCheat to take back their admission by claiming it was a typo.
Incredible. You can’t make this stuff up . Just shows you how truly corrupt the NCAA is .

UNC made the same mistake when it ADMITTED the classes were fraudulent. However, once they realized they had admitted to a fact that would be their only defense theNCAA graciously allowed UNCheat to take back their admission by claiming it was a typo.
Incredible. You can’t make this stuff up . Just shows you how truly corrupt the NCAA is .

Yep, it was the truth when they sent it to the accreditation board, but a typo when sent to the NCAA..

So they admit payments were made and shoe companies influenced recruits. But Kansas' position is they werent aware Adias was making those payments on their behalf. Therefore they werent a booster. Despite Self's texts from them saying "KU is our top priority" and "we'll steer the best players to you". Even got a text regarding Ayton that said "I'm sorry we let you down". And Ayton took money and went to another Adias school (Arizona..... you're on deck!!).

Failure to monitor should be easy to prove here. Coach Self, please read us these texts and tell the committee what you thought they meant. But you never asked for clarification? I'd call that failure to monitor.

So Kansas is the victim, but they got most of the players mentioned. Got it. Coach

I won't lie, knowing the smug POS nooneputsbabyinacorner might have the one thing he obsesses over taken away from him gets me giddy.

Needs to definitely show up after the fact for his recompense or definitely be banned. He gave it out. He should show up to take it.

Kansas essentially telling NCAA to suck it!

I didn’t read all responses, sorry, but it is clear that the NCAA appreciates the college taking responsibility for wrongs and Self punishment (not a pun).

Kansas may be the poster child in a last ditch effort for the NCAA to keep face.

Reactions: kl40504
So they admit payments were made and shoe companies influenced recruits. But Kansas' position is they werent aware Adias was making those payments on their behalf. Therefore they werent a booster. Despite Self's texts from them saying "KU is our top priority" and "we'll steer the best players to you". Even got a text regarding Ayton that said "I'm sorry we let you down". And Ayton took money and went to another Adias school (Arizona..... you're on deck!!).

Failure to monitor should be easy to prove here. Coach Self, please read us these texts and tell the committee what you thought they meant. But you never asked for clarification? I'd call that failure to monitor.

So Kansas is the victim, but they got most of the players mentioned. Got it. Coach

Then someone may want to pass Kansas a copy of the NCAA by-laws and have them read by-law 6.4.2.

Schools are responsible for the acts of a shoe company when a staff member has knowledge that the shoe company is assisting with recruits.

That’s not a new rule and has been in the by-laws for years.

Kansas is doing it all wrong, they clearly didn’t read UNCheat and Puke’s playbook on how to cheat your eyes out and be the NCAA darling.

First they need to be on the east coast. Classic mistake, but this is crucial, as most of the sports media is there and the media leads the NCAA along by their big, dumb noses.

Second, start some douchey white guys. I’m talking the Reddick, Laettner, Hansborough, Zeller douche canoe types. These elitist types need some white guys to root for while they look down on the racist yokels in the flyover states. Never mind the improbably white teams in a minority dominated sport, that’s just the elite academic standards lol (this is elitist code for: minorities are dumb dumbs).

Now that the media is liking you, get your former players in the commentating booths. Never mind diversity of opinions, that’s not what the media is for, they’ll let you have like 20% of the representation as long as you let them look down on somebody else.

Now presumably you’re cheating your eyes out by now. The mainstream media will never cover it, but if by some chance a small newspaper outs you or the dumb FBI sticks their nose in your business. Deny, deny, deny and lawyer up. If you admit to anything, it’s just a typo lol.

Kansas is skipping straight to step 4, but they skipped 1-3.

Today I went to the liquor store to buy a bottle of bourbon. Settled on WL Weller Special Reserve. Then I noticed a bottle tucked behind it. Not a very special bottle by bourbon standards, but I haven't seen it outside of restaurants up here. Not in 14 years. So I got the bottle of Basil Hayden's and tucked it away with some other bottles I keep hidden. Not because it's their equal, but because who knows when I'll see it again. As you can imagine, this put me in a very good mood. It just turns up unexpected like that? Good day.

Get home, log onto this message board, and see Kansas getting dragged like this?
Good day, indeed.
Hand me your keys. Cheers!

This sentence really sticks out to me as well.

"The institution, in taking its defiant posture in the case, is indifferent to how its alleged violations may have adversely impacted other NCAA institutions who acted in compliance with NCAA legislation."

This sentence really sticks out to me as well.

"The institution, in taking its defiant posture in the case, is indifferent to how its alleged violations may have adversely impacted other NCAA institutions who acted in compliance with NCAA legislation."
I bet the other schools in the conference have privately been raising hell with how Kansas was apparently getting away with it... but now, I think not. They're gonna get smacked down hard.

I didn’t read all responses, sorry, but it is clear that the NCAA appreciates the college taking responsibility for wrongs and Self punishment (not a pun).

Kansas may be the poster child in a last ditch effort for the NCAA to keep face.
Maybe I’m overly optimistic, but I think the NCAA wants to send a message early that cooperation equals a better result than defiance. Kansas gets to be the first test subject.

All of you saying Kansas will get away with this are forgetting that KU is among the most often NCAA sanctioned schools in the country. Not all blue bloods get the Duke/Carolina favoritism.

From what I read, the NCAA is tying the case to the notion that adidas is a KU booster, evidently a novel approach for them. Makes all of this easier, but also could lead to some unintended consequences. If they screw this up.....a case that surely seems like a slam dunk....well, I’ve wondered how much longer the NCAA in its current and historical form can survive, and if they screw this up I suspect it might hasten the ending...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT