ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Champion Vs. NIT Champion / Champions for Charity

morgousky

All-American
Sep 5, 2009
I should have been in the marketing business.

I feel like this would be an awesome idea.

Every year at the end of the tournaments, the NCAA and NIT champs play each other for charity.

If we actually did this for the next 20 years, how many of them would the NIT champion take?

Maybe 1 or 2. Main reason that they might win 1 out of 10 is because the game would not be taken as seriously because of it being a charity event.

Assume they both play hard like it’s for bragging rights as the “real champs” or something.

That would suck to win the ncaa tournament then lose a game to the NIT champs. It’d be like you aren’t the real champ.

Every year at the end of the tournaments, the NCAA and NIT champs play each other for charity.

If we actually did this for the next 20 years, how many of them would the NIT champion take?
I think the NIT team would win 40-50% of the games. All how the ball bounces Morg

Nawwww... Cuz what if the NIT champ beats the NCAA champ. It weakens big tourney.

How about the two champs face in the first game of the following year at a neutral site?

But that’s the point. You really think the NIT champ would beat the NCAA champ?

This year would have been Villanova vs. Texas

But that’s the point. You really think the NIT champ would beat the NCAA champ?

This year would have been Villanova vs. Texas

On any given night, just about any team could win, especially those that are playing well at the end of the year.........Well unless you are IU or U6 or some crusty program like that. .......

What's the point?

Why reward NIT champs. Aka played shitty all season and was less shitty than other shitty teams.

Your getting really bored Morg. NC would win 99.9% of all the games. The only way the nit winner would win is if the NC winner forfeited. Come on man, terrible post, your better than this.

It would be like football players sitting out bowl games. Top players are gone shortly after.

Reactions: ORCAT
I think it would be fun, personally.

NCAA Champ wins 70/80% of the time.
Likely closer to 95%. Might as well have an exhibition between the NCAA champs and the NBA champs. The NBA champs would win every time but at least that would be worth watching just to gauge how far apart college and pros really are.

Your getting really bored Morg. NC would win 99.9% of all the games. The only way the nit winner would win is if the NC winner forfeited. Come on man, terrible post, your better than this.

This one too?

It would be like football players sitting out bowl games. Top players are gone shortly after.

Just what I was going to say. This idea would never work cuz the top players want out as soon as possible Didn't we already see some players decide not to play after regular season the past couple of years? Charity game? No chance, they don't want to risk NBA possibilities any longer than they can. E actly getting like football players opting out of bowl games. Nice idea, but not in these times

I think it is an excellent idea. No way in hell the NCAA will let it happen.

The college football champs used to play an NFL team in an exhibition game many years ago. I believe I remember at least one college team beating the pros if my memory isn't gone.

Some of the posts remind me of the old NFL vs AFL game (minus the charity aspect)....until a guy named Namath came along.

Imagine you grind out a National Championship, winning six tough games, surviving all the vagaries that, say, Virginia survived this year. And you earn the right to be champions.

Then, in a state of emotional exhaustion and physical fatigue, you gotta play maybe the seventh place team from your conference that didn't make the tournament, but has gotten on a roll, is hitting everything, and is totally loose after beating a bunch of also-fans in the NIT.

And if you lose - your championship is tainted. No thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT