ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft

Boston made a big mistake leaving early. He is no where ready for the NBA. Can't see him having to many years there unless he works on his body and works a lot on his game. Maybe he spent to much time on the video's he was making. Maybe Cal helped him with some calls.

No one from Duke got drafted, maybe this will wake some of the up and coming players up and they want pick Duke in years to come.

I think Bassey waited too long, he probably would have had the “potential” higher position draft slot earlier in his career.
He suffered a broken leg early in his WKU career and came back mainly due to that. As I’ve stated, he’s a very skilled big man. Those that haven’t followed him probably think he’s just a low post player due to being 6’11” and around 240 lbs. While he’s very effective in the paint, he also has great touch on his shot both in his midrange game and from the three point line. He’s a great shot blocker and gobbles up boards as well. If he stays healthy and is used correctly, I think he has a lot of NBA potential.

Even Bilas (though I can’t stand him) said Bassey was a first round talent.

Last edited:
Really class move.

Based on the few games he was able to play for UK, would he have been drafted had he not had the horrific accident? Certainly the potential was there but there was so little actual CBB results (and many not all that outstanding), I wonder if he'd been drafted at all.

Still, appreciate the gesture by the NBA who I've been super critical of.

Boston made a big mistake leaving early. He is no where ready for the NBA. Can't see him having to many years there unless he works on his body and works a lot on his game. Maybe he spent to much time on the video's he was making. Maybe Cal helped him with some calls.

No one from Duke got drafted, maybe this will wake some of the up and coming players up and they want pick Duke in years to come.
Well, technically Jalen Johnson was considered a Dook draftee. It’s a bit of a joke though.

Reactions: westerncat
First thing i said to my buddy when he ended up in LAC was “can you imagine him having to guard PG or Kawhi in practice?” Hes gonna get little boy’d
He wont have to worry about guarding Leonard as he is likely out for the upcoming season with an ACL tear. I think he will play for the Clippers........the Agua Caliente Clippers of the G-League that is.

Really class move.

Based on the few games he was able to play for UK, would he have been drafted had he not had the horrific accident? Certainly the potential was there but there was so little actual CBB results (and many not all that outstanding), I wonder if he'd been drafted at all.

Still, appreciate the gesture by the NBA who I've been super critical of.
I think Clarke would have been drafted . Probably somewhere in the second round .

The draft was weird though when you have a guy like Sharife Cooper going 48th.

Crazy seeing the kids being picked above Jackson. Kid is going to be a steal for somebody.

I went back and found my pre-draft comments on Jackson. I was off but not by much.....

"IJ is a rare talent. If he doesn't get drafted fairly high, I would be willing to eat a ton of crow. I don't expect him in the top 4 or 5 but I do expect him in the top 20 without any question"

I agree with you....he is a steal.

Reactions: FtWorthCat
Nerlens had a really good year this year for the Knicks: 24 mpg 61% fg 71% ft 5.1 pts 6.4 reb 2.2 blk

WCS started about half the season for the Mavs.

I think Isaiah Jackson will be better than both of those guys. For where he was drafted, if he is as good as Nerlens it will be a good pick.

Reactions: K_TIME
Wow...Isaiah Todd falls to 2nd round.....I hope this sets a path that the goofy G-League Unite experiment falls to the way side. He was a top 10 HS player....I doubt he falls to non guarantee 2nd round if he plays a year in college.

Nerlens had a really good year this year for the Knicks: 24 mpg 61% fg 71% ft 5.1 pts 6.4 reb 2.2 blk

WCS started about half the season for the Mavs.

I think Isaiah Jackson will be better than both of those guys. For where he was drafted, if he is as good as Nerlens it will be a good pick.
Just stay healthy and work hard.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Hurt from Duke. How often will espn mention he wasn’t drafted?

Why would ESPN need to mention that Hurt wasn’t drafted? I don’t understand

Why would ESPN need to mention that Hurt wasn’t drafted? I don’t understand
I'm guessing that poster was one of those who think ESPN hates UK but loves Duke and goes out of their way to promote Duke while secretly doing all they can to undermine Kentucky.

He suffered a broken leg early in his WKU career and came back mainly due to that. As I’ve stated, he’s a very skilled big man. Those that haven’t followed him probably think he’s just a low post player due to being 6’11” and around 240 lbs. While he’s very effective in the paint, he also has great touch on his shot both in his midrange game and from the three point line. He’s a great shot blocker and gobbles up boards as well. If he stays healthy and is used correctly, I think he has a lot of NBA potential.

Even Bilas (though I can’t stand him) said Bassey was a first round talent.
Yeah I always heard he was that kind of talent every year he’s been there and even in high school. He will probably be a steal. There are a few guys like him who slip in the draft and make it look down the line like what were teams thinking passing on him.

Reactions: BourbonBalz
BJ fell a little further than I thought.. But he also landed higher than what many others here thought. Will be interesting to see what career he has. Not many one-and-done drafts picks go from a top5 recruit to a sub 50 pick. Some team might have gotten a steal, or its a nothing pick.

My Rockets looked liked they made the right moves. Im glad we got Green, who I think has the best ceiling and probably should have been #1. We also signed Matt Hurt, and now that he's a Rocket and not a Dukie, I think this was a great get [winking]

The G-league guys did slip.. not sure why. They were all projected to go higher. But I'm glad. I hope that league fails and this was pretty big for College basketball, as it competes with the G-League.

Just getting back from my Bachelor party, that's all the thoughts I have now. I'm ****ing dead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT