ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft Lottery Rigged? With Proof...

ZaytovenCat

All-SEC
Gold Member
Apr 26, 2013
Paris, TN
I haven't seen this posted anywhere and I'm shocked if it hasn't been. But earlier today, hours before the NBA lottery selection took place, Dikembe Mutombo tweeted out congratulating the 76ers for winning the lottery and getting the #1 pick. Hours later and the 76ers won the lottery.

People have thought for years the NBA lottery was rigged. This to me just seems to prove it. Explains how the Cavs magically won 2 or 3 straight lotteries after LeBron left plus all the other things that have happened that makes you wonder.

Think Mutombo's tweet earlier today proved its rigged?

No.

They were slated at the 1 spot and I assumed Mutumbo finger-swagged a bit early presuming much.

Btw, if it were rigged it would have been the Lakers getting #1.

Reactions: floatingyou
They just said on sports center that the phili mangement sent an email to ex players asking them to tweet it if they got the 1st pick. Dikembe misread the email and thought it said they got it.

Reactions: wromanp7
They just said on sports center that the phili mangement sent an email to ex players asking them to tweet it if they got the 1st pick. Dikembe misread the email and thought it said they got it.
Hitting send without reading carefully?

5_J4w_Bx_E.gif

There's enough anecdotal evidence out there to suggest the lottery is rigged. The Ewing draft, Cleveland being gifted 3 of 4 #1 picks after Lebron leaves. New Orleans being sold back to the league and then after finding few interested buyers ends up with the 1st pick to get Davis which may or may not have been negotiated into the sale.

No.

They were slated at the 1 spot and I assumed Mutumbo finger-swagged a bit early presuming much.

Btw, if it were rigged it would have been the Lakers getting #1.
Nope definitely the Cavs. If it were rigged they would give lebron the number one pick paired by his side every season. Just how the NBA has the refs officiate lebron differently than any other player. If he misses a layup, then it's a foul call on D. If a defender breathes on him, it's a foul. Never seen one player get such biased officiating from referees in ones favor in my entire life, game after game, year after year. Forget the fact he never gets called for travels yet takes 4 or 5 steps EVERY TIME he picks up his dribble while driving to the rim. Also even though the Cavs aren't eligible for the lottery, if it were rigged the Cavs (or whatever team lebron plays for) would be paired up with the #1 pick every season even if they made the playoffs that season.

You got it...because the first thing the NBA does is disperse this knowledge to not only the franchises, but centers who have been retired for 6 years.
This. Also, the NBA hates that the 76ers have been tanking for years. If they were going to rig it, it would be so that they wouldn't be rewarded for sucking.

Nope definitely the Cavs. If it were rigged they would give lebron the number one pick paired by his side every season. Just how the NBA has the refs officiate lebron differently than any other player. If he misses a layup, then it's a foul call on D. If a defender breathes on him, it's a foul. Never seen one player get such biased officiating from referees in ones favor in my entire life, game after game, year after year. Forget the fact he never gets called for travels yet takes 4 or 5 steps EVERY TIME he picks up his dribble while driving to the rim. Also even though the Cavs aren't eligible for the lottery, if it were rigged the Cavs (or whatever team lebron plays for) would be paired up with the #1 pick every season even if they made the playoffs that season.

Then you obviously weren't alive for the Jordan years. If anybody ever got that kind of treatment from the refs, it would be Jordan. You sound a lot like you have a vendetta against Lebron. Me, I couldn't care less about Lebron, but it makes me laugh at the people who try to discredit him.

I would have bet money that the Lakers would have got the first pick this year and I would have agreed with you that it was rigged afterwards. I was wrong

It is difficult to control who wins every game. However, the NBA cannot afford to have certain franchises be terrible forever. The 76ers needed propping up as did the Lakers. Next you will see them go after the Knicks. People can continue to believe that the Lottery and the officials are not managed if they want but in my mind professional basketball is little different than professional wrestling. The overall winners or at least the group from which the winners will come is dictated when the owners meet and make the decision of who will win.

Welcome to the NBA, where you literally just defined every single superstar that has ever played in the league.

Reactions: awf
It is difficult to control who wins every game. However, the NBA cannot afford to have certain franchises be terrible forever. The 76ers needed propping up as did the Lakers. Next you will see them go after the Knicks. People can continue to believe that the Lottery and the officials are not managed if they want but in my mind professional basketball is little different than professional wrestling. The overall winners or at least the group from which the winners will come is dictated when the owners meet and make the decision of who will win.

The 76ers had the best odds of winning the lottery... followed by the Lakers.

There was proof on hillary's email server, but it was deleted.

Yeah the draft is rigged...thats why cleveland took anthony bennett that year, a pick that has to go down as one of the worst #1 selections in all of major sports
That was part of the conspiracy. We will rig it it so you get the #1 pick but you have to choose a bust.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Living life inside the head of a conspiracy theorist must be exhausting. Always digging looking for "the truth".

There's enough anecdotal evidence out there to suggest the lottery is rigged. The Ewing draft, Cleveland being gifted 3 of 4 #1 picks after Lebron leaves. New Orleans being sold back to the league and then after finding few interested buyers ends up with the 1st pick to get Davis which may or may not have been negotiated into the sale.

Its definitely rigged. But this years selection isnt proof.

Conspiracies exist. A conspiracy is just a conversation that you don't know about. But arguments from results are a terrible form of reasoning. Most results will benefit someone.

They should show the drawing to the public. Having it in a secret back room with a couple of accountants watching doesn't help dispel the conspiracies.

I haven't seen this posted anywhere and I'm shocked if it hasn't been. But earlier today, hours before the NBA lottery selection took place, Dikembe Mutombo tweeted out congratulating the 76ers for winning the lottery and getting the #1 pick. Hours later and the 76ers won the lottery.

People have thought for years the NBA lottery was rigged. This to me just seems to prove it. Explains how the Cavs magically won 2 or 3 straight lotteries after LeBron left plus all the other things that have happened that makes you wonder.

Think Mutombo's tweet earlier today proved its rigged?
We didn't land on the moon and Elvis is still alive. smdh

I believe the lottery is overseen by a huge accounting firm (Deloitte?), so I'm 100% they're willing to play loose with the draft lottery and potentially lose every client they have.

It isn't fixed, at least not since they've had an accounting firm run it.

I believe the lottery is overseen by a huge accounting firm (Deloitte?), so I'm 100% they're willing to play loose with the draft lottery and potentially lose every client they have.

It isn't fixed, at least not since they've had an accounting firm run it.

Or, again, why not do it on their 30 minute tv show instead of spending half the time having Jay Bilas give his top 10. For that matter, it looks like they used to do it on tv looking at the video above.. when did it change?

They should show the drawing to the public. Having it in a secret back room with a couple of accountants watching doesn't help dispel the conspiracies.

The NBA makes video of the drawing available online within about 12 hours. This was the second year they've done this.

Eh...... The NBA is a garb league and yea probably does rig it. Lebron to the Cavs (oh how convenient) the cavs getting all those top picks when he leaves (how convenient) AD23 going to the new "NBA's team" (oh how convenient) and on and on and on.

Who knows, but with the crooks that run that league, probably.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT