ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft Lottery Rigged? With Proof...

I stand corrected then.

And it's not just accountants, but they invite 15-20 members of the major media to watch it live as well.

Last year, Stephen A. Smith and Jay Bilas both got to watch the entire lottery process.

The NBA has taken major steps to ensure people know that it is not rigged...and yet, people still think it is.

And it's not just accountants, but they invite 15-20 members of the major media to watch it live as well.

Last year, Stephen A. Smith and Jay Bilas both got to watch the entire lottery process.

The NBA has taken major steps to ensure people know that it is not rigged...and yet, people still think it is.

Oh man..... ESPN SENT REPS TO THE PROCESS.

Well that settles it.

:D

No but the whole lottery concept is retarded. It should be like in MLB and NFL. Whoever has the worst record gets the number 1 pick and so on.

Give everyone in the lottery the same odds. Make those lousy teams work harder if they don't get lucky.

The actual drawing was held a couple hours before the draft show and the results where released. So Mutumbo could have found out they won, not because it was rigged, but because there was a 4-5 hour window before results where announced. You know like in recruiting, word leaks a few hours before the kid announces where he is going, the lottery is NOT rigged.

5418006579_cf943158eb_z.jpg.cf.jpg

Reactions: lawrencekash
You can always tell a lot about someone by whether they believe in conspiracy theories.
I agree, but I look at it like this: A small portion of them are true. Some have proven to be true - we just don't consider them conspiracy theories after they pop - they just become weird facts of history - whether we're talking about famous stuff like the Manhattan Project, Iran-Contra, or less publicized affairs like Operation Northwoods (seriously - look that up - it is like an Alex Jones wet dream).

So for me, I use a ratio to gauge. If I meet someone who seems really conspiracy-minded, I test them to see whether they're being thoughtful or reflexive. The kind of person who believes 1 or 2 conspiracy theories out of 10 is probably at least making an effort to be objective. I'll still make fun if he believes something particularly ridiculous, but true tin-hat people are notable by an unbelievably low resistance to buying into every theory they hear. Their response to basically everything is of course that's happening and of course it's being covered up.

So if you run through the big list of conspiracies and see him nodding along to most of them like it's a fact of nature, you don't have to spend any more time trying to figure him out - you pretty much know where you're getting.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
I love how no matter the result, some people say it's proof that the systems rigged. Major market team gets a top pick? That proves it. Small market and/or crappy team gets it? Hell, that proves it too. You can make up a narrative out of thin air for virtually any team in the league that "proves" it's rigged.

Last edited:
Welcome to the NBA, where you literally just defined every single superstar that has ever played in the league.

It's like this dude just started watching the Nba. If he weren't alive during the Jordon years, he would never say LeBron is the most protected player in history. That title goes to Michael Jordon. Don't get me wrong, Jordon without the refs help is one of the most talented players in the history of pro basketball, but when you go ahead and add the ref's help to a talent like Jordon, it's over. It's pointless to even play the games. Since the Sixers have the first pick of the Nba draft, as much as it should, it really wouldn't surprise me the least bit if they took Skal from Kentucky as their future superstar. Not that i think he should go #1. If it were my pick, i wouldn't draft him. It's just the Sixers have never been one of the better drafting teams in sports.

Nope definitely the Cavs. If it were rigged they would give lebron the number one pick paired by his side every season. Just how the NBA has the refs officiate lebron differently than any other player. If he misses a layup, then it's a foul call on D. If a defender breathes on him, it's a foul. Never seen one player get such biased officiating from referees in ones favor in my entire life, game after game, year after year. Forget the fact he never gets called for travels yet takes 4 or 5 steps EVERY TIME he picks up his dribble while driving to the rim. Also even though the Cavs aren't eligible for the lottery, if it were rigged the Cavs (or whatever team lebron plays for) would be paired up with the #1 pick every season even if they made the playoffs that season.

That's what star players get. Did you not watch Jordan? Nobody in history of the game got calls like he did. So bad it would make Lebron blush and yes he does get biased calling as well.

There is no right way to do the lottery. You just fix it based on worst record? Teams tank.
You do it the way it is now with percentages? Teams tank.

The best method, although it might widen the gap between top and bottom teams is to give every lottery team the same chance of getting first pick.

This way, who cares if Philly was the worst team, if they get the 12th or 13th pick they tanked for no reason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT