ADVERTISEMENT

NBA all star game : 168 threes attempted

I was once a die-hard Laker fan... but I think I'm now realizing I was just a Kobe fan.

The NBA is lost... and it has no leader. Adam Silver is a flat joke.

There has to be changes moving forward you can't continue to make the regular season an offensive joke of 260+ totals.

I hate it for our sport and our younger players moving through the college ranks.... it's almost as if the 3 point shot has analytically broken the game.

From what I'm seeing brother it's not an old man thing.... the product really is crap.

I'm 32 for the record.
I got you by more than 20 but you recognize it at least. I just grew up with a different game. Straight man to man. Mid range jumpers. Bounce passes. Not many egos. The flow of the game was just better IMO. It was more team oriented and not so much "me" ball.

I got you by more than 20 but you recognize it at least. I just grew up with a different game. Straight man to man. Mid range jumpers. Bounce passes. Not many egos. The flow of the game was just better IMO. It was more team oriented and not so much "me" ball.

I'm an old soul at heart.... there is no creativity now days. It's run and gun and shoot the 3 ball.

I don't want my big men shooting 3 point shots or playing fricken point guard.

I want my 90's and 00's back.... this new generation holy cow they are getting paid millions to play with their buddies it's such a joke.

Seriously they are getting to paid to joke around and put up 130+ points a night. It really is "entertainment" for them and the industry. They lost what it meant to be a competitive league.

Everyone says there is a "talent increase per generation" I call BS it's all about maximizing your money while you can now days. Who cares about trying to be the next MJ they just want the money

Well when Cal tries to save the game of basketball by posting up our bigs and force feeding it inside you all complain. Now maybe you'll be grateful.
What the game needs is a good balance. There are some positive things about the more open and 5-out offenses of today's game. But it's not always the answer. Even if you've got 5 guys who can shoot the 3, it's still not always the best answer. UK actually just proved it at Auburn. We won the game 71-60 on their home floor and only shot 13 threes and made only 4. Had we played the wide open style we were playing earlier in the year, we probably lose 98-92 or something similar.

My opinion: you need a balance. Not only for teams who can't shoot well but also for games when shots aren't falling. Not even good shooters are always on. But layups and interior play is always a higher percentage. Balance is better in my opinion. The game has tilted toward the 3pt shot right now but I expect we will see a correction over the next few years.

What the game needs is a good balance. There are some positive things about the more open and 5-out offenses of today's game. But it's not always the answer. Even if you've got 5 guys who can shoot the 3, it's still not always the best answer. UK actually just proved it at Auburn. We won the game 71-60 on their home floor and only shot 13 threes and made only 4. Had we played the wide open style we were playing earlier in the year, we probably lose 98-92 or something similar.

My opinion: you need a balance. Not only for teams who can't shoot well but also for games when shots aren't falling. Not even good shooters are always on. But layups and interior play is always a higher percentage. Balance is better in my opinion. The game has tilted toward the 3pt shot right now but I expect we will see a correction over the next few years.

You need smart coaches and smart players - to switch up your style mid-game.

Personally I think we have the players but not the coach to make that change.

Anyways that's always been the key can you diagnose your opponent weakness and adjust. Kentucky hasn't had that in quite a while.

And we wonder about these kids coming through. What you see in the NBA is literally what they look forward to doing. No defense. ISO moves. Jack up three's.

They need to not even play at this point, he’ll play Nerf ball or something. Even after the game the players are like “we need to have deep discussions about what has to change for competitive purposes.” Half of them are like, “nah I’m not playing hard, it’s a day off and I’m not getting hurt.” No competitive spirit and the huge contracts make it impossible now. At least in the 80’s and 90’s they had a little pride and played in the 4th quarter. Now they shoot 3’s from half court and throw lobs to themselves.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Hard to get injured jacking up unguarded threes. Its like a carnival game. 211 points? OMG!

Let's just admit there is too much $$$ on the line for these guys to go "play" anything and just name All Stars, have a nice dinner, maybe roast some players with some speeches, if they want to play a game the players kids ages 8-10 can lace'em up and go play for the joy of it. Maybe we would all learn and enjoy that more anyway. 'Cause this .... it ain't worth watching.

Had to Laugh when I saw the O/U line was set at 386 but it was an easy Over Cover.

I don’t judge the NBA based on the all star game. The guys don’t care and it’s not the same product they play any other night. Nobody watched less NFL because the pro bowl sucked. The NFL just changed the brand to be something different than regular football when they realized there was no way to make the game feel real. The NBA needs to stop acting like the All Star game is real basketball.

Well when Cal tries to save the game of basketball by posting up our bigs and force feeding it inside you all complain. Now maybe you'll be grateful.
You missed the point completely. It was horrible to watch. A game of HORSE would have been 10X more interesting.

Yeah I'm usually a fan of All Star weekend & Daytona falls on my b day week. For some reason I had 0 interest in that game last night. Sports are definitely falling into a bad spot now n days.

Watch it or some youngun will come on here and make fun of us Boomers! 😂

Look, it’s a garbage product bc there is zero competitive spirit. It’s just a walk through, unguarded joke of a game. Like a bunch of guys goofing off in a gym.

And we wonder about these kids coming through. What you see in the NBA is literally what they look forward to doing. No defense. ISO moves. Jack up three's.
Is this real life? You all are talking about an all-star game.

Watch it or some youngun will come on here and make fun of us Boomers! 😂

Look, it’s a garbage product bc there is zero competitive spirit. It’s just a walk through, unguarded joke of a game. Like a bunch of guys goofing off in a gym.
I’m in my 20s lmao

The All-Star weekend is trash. Guys don’t want to get hurt so the game is terrible. But the actual league is really good right now. The no defense and soft talk cracks me up though. The league is physical but not dirty like it used to be. Watch some slow motion videos of game footage and tell me it’s not physical and they call too many fouls.

Reactions: BBBLazing
Perhaps it’s time to just end the All-Star game like the NFL did with the Pro Bowl …and for the same reason.

If today’s stars aren’t willing to put forth any real effort in all star games then there’s no real reason to play them. The NFL finally threw in the towel on theirs, and the NBA might as well do the same.

8 points per minute. Thats the clip they scored at.
You can't do that unless there is 100% no defense at all. Literally.

You gotta work damn hard to score 8 points a minute.

The players nowadays are OVERRATED, OVERPAID, and SPOILED. Guys like Lebron, on their watch, have seen the all star game dedication to playing hard decline as SALARIES have went up.

They should put a new rule in place if you don't try as hard as you can in every game that you ever play in the NBA then you will be banned from the NBA for lack of effort after 3 infractions.

These assholes running this game nowadays are causing irreparable damage to the NBA and basketball as a whole.

Have you seen your ratings versus the NFL nowadays? Used to be a lot closer.

You'll be lucky if they dont remov all the statistics for the NBA for last 10 years in the distant future. They'll look back at this time as a disgrace! It's going over 260 points combined in some NBA games nowadays!!
Wtf. /Rant off

Last edited:
I agree, the NBA is a joke, the little of it I can stomach. I watched for 10 minutes last night, even with 6 former Cats playing it was laughable.

Only teams I really follow are the Lakers (grew up a Magic fan) and OKC. SGA has become my favorite player and his game is predicated on getting to his spot, midrangers, etc. Doesn’t have to take 15 threes to get his 30 each night. Jaylin Williams has a good midrange game too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT