ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Ament cancels upcoming visit this week 8/28

Make It Rain Money GIF by yvngswag

I’d be surprised if Ament doesn’t reschedule. Probably for Madness.

I hope you end up being correct. We were really recruiting him hard and then we suddenly stopped watching him, no news on his recruitment the past couple weeks, some rumors, and now this. It looks as though he informed the staff he’s not coming, or we didn’t make his final list. The other reason could be the staff decided to go in another direction. It’s all speculation, but usually when these things happens it’s because of a reason like this.

Maybe pope is very confident in Caleb Wilson or the cenak kid. Or, like osobor, the ask on NIL was way too high. We don't know, but if true we backed off contact with him there has to be a reason.
I hope so, Cenac is a fantastic player and so is Wilson. I just felt like Ament really fits the offense well. He’s very versatile.

That sucks no matter what anyone says. Canceled visits are lost opportunities period.
It is typical for some Kentucky fans to find something that sucks. We have no idea about how any of these recruits will actually produce until they play. So, the notion of thinking that we need one vs another is no less a guess than with Wagner. It wasn't too long ago when we thought we just had to have Wagner, and most thought getting him was more important than signing Sheppard. Not!!

Last edited:
One player doesn't make or break UK any season. Said the same thing if we didnt/don't get johnson too. UK needs some high level talent to win big though and Pope has to find the right players to make it work.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I'm not gonna lie I really like Ament, Yessoufou, Mullins and Jasper in that order. We don't know what's going on behind closed doors I just hope Ament isn't out for us. I don't think Nate is a make or break recruit I just think he would be a really good player at the 4 for us next year. I don't know if a lot of people know but Yessoufou is only about 6-6 215 but plays the 4 and I don't think we could go wrong with either. I hope we get one of them next year. If you look at our roster makeup next year we really won't have anyone coming back to play the 4. Garrison and Moreno are post centers and everyone else is a combo guard or wing. That's why I really wanted Ament and/or Yessoufou.

I'm not gonna lie I really like Ament, Yessoufou, Mullins and Jasper in that order. We don't know what's going on behind closed doors I just hope Ament isn't out for us. I don't think Nate is a make or break recruit I just think he would be a really good player at the 4 for us next year. I don't know if a lot of people know but Yessoufou is only about 6-6 215 but plays the 4 and I don't think we could go wrong with either. I hope we get one of them next year. If you look at our roster makeup next year we really won't have anyone coming back to play the 4. Garrison and Moreno are post centers and everyone else is a combo guard or wing. That's why I really wanted Ament and/or Yessoufou.

What do you think about Noah as a stretch 4? Seems like he could have some Deron Feldhaus in him.

What do you think about Noah as a stretch 4? Seems like he could have some Deron Feldhaus in him.

Never really thought about it. I just assumed Noah at 6-5 209 is more of a SG/SF. I'm not saying it matters much but Deron was 6-7 232 and strong as a ox and had a mean streak. I would rather have a Ament 6-9, Yessoufou only 6-6 215 but plays strong and mean like Feldhaus playing the 4 or maybe a 6-8 240 SR transfer and let Noah us his size for the Wings and Guards to create mismatches.

Never really thought about it. I just assumed Noah at 6-5 209 is more of a SG/SF. I'm not saying it matters much but Deron was 6-7 232 and strong as a ox and had a mean streak. I would rather have a Ament 6-9, Yessoufou only 6-6 215 but plays strong and mean like Feldhaus playing the 4 or maybe a 6-8 240 SR transfer and let Noah us his size for the Wings and Guards to create mismatches.

He looks more like a 3/4 to me than a 2/3. Looks like he has the frame to carry another 20 pounds of muscle.

Seems more likely to be a mismatch on offense for 4s, but strong enough to body them on D.

But, it’s early. See how it goes.

I would be thrilled with

Moreno
Johnson
Mullins
Yessefou

I feel like that will be the class and that’s a PERFECT college basketball class imo

Then hit the portal for a couple needs to go along with the returnees
That's my best case scenario for this recruiting class. Fill the other slots with dynamic experience from the portal.
UK will probably return Oweh, Garrison, Chandler, Perry, and Noah. So with the additional 3-4 freshmen they'll likely need 4 more guys.

It is typical for some Kentucky fans to find something that sucks. We have no idea about how any of these recruits will actually produce until they play. So, the notion of thinking that we need one vs another is no less a guess than with Wagner. It wasn't too long ago when we thought we just had to have Wagner, and most thought getting him was more important than signing Sheppard. Not!!
WTH??? How in the world did you take what I said and turn it into having to get Wagner? You smokin today? Jk bro. Honestly though, it absolutely DOES SUCK that he canceled his visit. Anytime a big time recruit cancels, it sucks?! How can that be debated? Now he could turn right around and reschedule and guess what…..that wouldn’t suck at all!!!

What a stupid reply. You know nothing about this kid and he probably works harder at 17 than you have in your whole life. Easy to sit on your thrown and cast stones. You and the loser who like your post have literally the worst takes on this board.
Your comment is nonsensical, as are all of your takes. Too many in this generation of recruits are gimme, gimme, gimme. And no his work ethic at 17 is nowhere near mine, not has it ever been. You and losers like you think every recruit is the end all be all. I call it Cow Syndrome.

WTH??? How in the world did you take what I said and turn it into having to get Wagner? You smokin today? Jk bro. Honestly though, it absolutely DOES SUCK that he canceled his visit. Anytime a big time recruit cancels, it sucks?! How can that be debated? Now he could turn right around and reschedule and guess what…..that wouldn’t suck at all!!!
I have a novel idea/suggestion for you, Lol. Maybe you should wait to get all the facts before taking the "the sky is falling approach".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT