ADVERTISEMENT

Nashville to get a dome stadium

UKUGA

All-American
Jan 26, 2007
Washington metro
I didn’t see a timeline on this, but apparently a deal is in place.

I wonder if the city/Music City Bowl will make a push to move into the next tier or bowl games with the addition of a first class stadium?

I wonder if the city/Music City Bowl will make a push to move into the next tier or bowl games with the addition of a first class stadium?

Haven't read the article yet - why should that stop me from having an opinion (lol) - but I sure hope the city has more control over the new stadium than they do with the current one. Currently, it's used for 8 NFL games + one or two preseason games, five or six Tennessee State home games, and maybe four or five other times per year (Music City Bowl + three or four concerts). The rest of the time it just sits there. For years the Titans have had control over how/when the stadium is used - even though they don't own it.

Smart. Opens Nashvegas up to hosting Final 4's, wrestling, CFB playoffs.
I loved Summer Slam at Nissan Stadium this year but a little bit of weather could've made things different. Like the rain at WM in 2021 when Mandy Rose slipped on her fine ass.

Huh? Please elaborate. As someone who likes pro better than college not sure what you mean
I don't like football played in such antiseptic conditions, out of the elements on artificial turf. Football's made to be played in the mud, the blood and the beer. I'm a geezer, loved pro football played in the '50s/'60s. Pull up some old vids. Just a personal preference. :)

Nissan Stadium was built only 23 years ago and meant to last longer than just over two decades.

A new facility every 2 decades? Just like Atlanta, not modern enough to hold an overrated event like the Super Bowl. Will colleges start doing this to bring in the best recruits and grovel for the top events and keep all the $$ to themselves?

Nissan Stadium was built only 23 years ago and meant to last longer than just over two decades.
Seemed very nice the few times I've been there, but it's been a while. Identical to Tampa Bay's.

A new facility every 2 decades? Just like Atlanta, not modern enough to hold an overrated event like the Super Bowl. Will colleges start doing this to bring in the best recruits and grovel for the top events and keep all the $$ to themselves?

They talk about it in the article. The stipulation when the current stadium was built:

A provision in the current lease requires the stadium's condition to be kept on par with other sports venues built around the same time. That project was going to cost approximately $1.8 billion over the next 17 years.

i need pictures. and graphs. and flashing lights. i cant just be expected to read that and guess at what it will look like, where it will be, etc.

Haven't read the article yet - why should that stop me from having an opinion (lol) - but I sure hope the city has more control over the new stadium than they do with the current one. Currently, it's used for 8 NFL games + one or two preseason games, five or six Tennessee State home games, and maybe four or five other times per year (Music City Bowl + three or four concerts). The rest of the time it just sits there. For years the Titans have had control over how/when the stadium is used - even though they don't own it.

Same here with the Benz. Arthur Blank threatened to take the Falcons to a new city if Georgia taxpayers didn't build him a new stadium that HE had control over. Politicians caved and built him one. Tore the Dome down. GHSA had played state championships in the Dome for ever, well Arthur quoted the price to rent the Benz 600k per day to GHSA. So now state championship games are played at Turner Field, Georgia State's home stadium. I won't buy a roll of masking tape from home depot

Sounds like UofL and the Yum Center deal.

When u look at that Nissan stadium it still looks new. Really doesn't strike you as a stadium that needs to be replaced. Not at all. But hey all power to them.
If I can get WrestleMania right there that would be awesome. It's never been that close here really. What 3 hours 30 minutes from Lex? Same as Gatlinburg. Fudge yea!!

I mean I hate going into the orange loving state but at least in Nashville it's Vanderbilt. The orange starts to go away as you go west. If you keep going west you run into blue again LOL. Thank you Memphis. Why can't you be the team in the SEC? I have no problem with you guys. Consider you a cousin with your blue and white down there. Love

Hey can we trade Vanderbilt and Tennessee for Memphis? Just asking for a friend lol

Last edited:
When u look at that Nissan stadium it still looks new. Really doesn't strike you as a stadium that needs to be replaced. Not at all. But hey all power to them.
If I can get WrestleMania right there that would be awesome. It's never been that close here really. What 3 hours 30 minutes from Lex? Same as Gatlinburg. Fudge yea!!

I mean I hate going into the orange loving state but at least in Nashville it's Vanderbilt. The orange starts to go away as you go west. If you keep going west you run into blue again LOL. Thank you Memphis. Why can't you be the team in the SEC? I have no problem with you guys. Consider you a cousin with your blue and white down there. Love

Hey can we trade Vanderbilt and Tennessee for Memphis? Just asking for a friend lol
One of the great things about living in Nashville (Franklin, actually) - and there are many - is that this area is a mixture of most of the SEC teams, not just UT. Where I work there's more fans of Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, LSU and Georgia than there are of UT. I live between an LSU fan and a Georgia fan. Nashville is a melting pot of SEC teams... it's only when you get more out into the country that you find a heavy contingent of UT fans.

Tennessee fans are the worst, but let me tell you Memphis fans come with their own set of retardation.

Having said that if a gun were to my kids head, I’d prefer Memphis to UT.

I don't like football played in such antiseptic conditions, out of the elements on artificial turf. Football's made to be played in the mud, the blood and the beer. I'm a geezer, loved pro football played in the '50s/'60s. Pull up some old vids. Just a personal preference. :)
No offense but 3-0 ice bowls are not my thing... I agree with you when the weather is warm, but cities like Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota should not play winter football outside. Those games are terrible quality

Reactions: delk4three
No offense but 3-0 ice bowls are not my thing... I agree with you when the weather is warm, but cities like Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota should not play winter football outside. Those games are terrible quality
Maybe terrible quality for the team playing Green Bay. The Green Bay Packers have pretty good statistics playing in bad weather over the years. They hope for it.
Footballs meant to be played outside in whatever weather there may be. 100

Minnesota Vikings been playing the dome for years and ain't won jack.

Packers haven't played in a dome home field ever and have 13 NFL championships. So many more than the rest of the league that it'll take 60 years for them to catch them.
92 seasons straight the Green Bay Packers have led the NFL in championships. 92.
Cold football is winning time.

Reactions: The-Hack
True story. Was at a UH-Rice football game in the Astrodome in the late 70's. The halftime routine by the Rice band (called the Mob) was an irreverent, sarcastic bit where they called the Astrodome the world's smallest indoor stadium. The Superdome had just opened up, lol. The PA system was promptly cut off by the Astrodome management.

Reactions: jauk11
I predict the Saints are the next to get a new stadium. Here's why.
Churchill Downs owned Hollywood Park. The Chargers and Rams now play where that used to be.

Churchill Downs owned Arlington Park. The Bears will be playing where that is being taken down and their new stadium is built.

The last major track other than Churchill Downs itself that they own is The Fairgrounds in New Orleans. There seems to be a trend.

Washington DC has been working on a new stadium for like a decade....just can't figure out where, what kind, who pays for it lol

Super Dome is pretty iconic. And has gone through a lot of big money renovations.

I predict the Saints are the next to get a new stadium. Here's why.
Churchill Downs owned Hollywood Park. The Chargers and Rams now play where that used to be.

Churchill Downs owned Arlington Park. The Bears will be playing where that is being taken down and their new stadium is built.

The last major track other than Churchill Downs itself that they own is The Fairgrounds in New Orleans. There seems to be a trend.
Damn good work detective... New Orleans has to be financially stable enough and not for sure they are. Maybe is a trend but I be surprised if Saints get anything done for another decade atleast.

As soon as I turn on an NFL game in a dome I turn the channel. Would rather watch paint dry. So canned and fake. Goes great with all the stoppages in play, drunk costumed fans and commercials.
And how different is it in a regular stadium? Except for being colder and getting rained on sometimes. If it isn't snowing.

The Las Vegas Raiders have a new stadium which UNLV will play their home games in, I expect UNLV football to improve quite a bit because of it.

And how different is it in a regular stadium? Except for being colder and getting rained on sometimes. If it isn't snowing.

The Las Vegas Raiders have a new stadium which UNLV will play their home games in, I expect UNLV football to improve quite a bit because of it.
Very different. I've been to both. Natural light. Elements. Possible real turf. On a day like today they could play in daylight in case of rolling blackouts.

Amazing that once upon a time Louisville had a chance to be Nashville.

Reactions: Mulder14 and UKUGA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT