ADVERTISEMENT

My prediction for next year.

ukfan1622

Junior
Jan 15, 2021
Option A:
If Cal returns: the only returning players will be Thiero and Ugo and we won't get
any of the top transfers. We will definitely go downhill and maybe be below .500 in the SEC
and maybe even not make the NCAA tournament. At the end of the year Cal and UK agree to part ways.

Option B:
If we have a different coach and he is the right choice: we still get Thiero and Ugo
back along with Burks, Hart, and possibly even Sheppard and/or Big Z. Plus keeping
most of the incoming class and some portal help. The sky is the limit.

I would like it to be Option B but I'm pretty sure it will be Option A.

More than likely we lose the class if we lose Cal.

edit : I'm not saying this meaning I hope we keep cal, I am saying this simply because the OP's option B includes hiring a new coach and keeping the class. I don't care if we lose the class, I hope we do because that means we fired cal the bum.

Last edited:
Reactions: CatsFanIL
Option A:
If Cal returns: the only returning players will be Thiero and Ugo and we won't get
any of the top transfers. We will definitely go downhill and maybe be below .500 in the SEC
and maybe even not make the NCAA tournament. At the end of the year Cal and UK agree to part ways.

Option B:
If we have a different coach and he is the right choice: we still get Thiero and Ugo
back along with Burks, Hart, and possibly even Sheppard and/or Big Z. Plus keeping

Where do you think Sheppard is going after soiling his shorts on one of the biggest stages for college basketball. He let a 24-year-old player going nowhere give him a shooting clinic. His parents know that he isn't close to being ready to leave the nest. If the guys from Oakland made him soil his pants, what do you think would happen to him in the NBA?

Last edited:
eS1paWkuZ2lm.gif

The doom and gloom Cal Boys who think Kentucky can't survive without Cal are insufferable. The transfer portal now will make a rebuilding job easier than in years past. I think a new coach could easily assemble a team that gets past the 1st Round of the Tournament. NIT may be our ceiling going forward with Cal if he shit the bed with this much talent on the roster.

Option A:

Option B:

where do think Big Z, Wagner, Edwards goes?

Where do you think Sheppard is going after soiling his shorts on one of the biggest stages for college basketball. He let a 24-year-old player going know where give him a shooting clinic. His parents know that he isn't close to being ready to leave the nest. If the guys from Oakland made him soil his pants, what do you think would happen to him in the NBA?
Here is why: he and his entire family love Kentucky basketball and know basketball so they all know
what a crappy job Cal has done this year. And they can't be too happy about Cal starting two clearly
lesser players than him all year; in fact I could easily see them as viewing that as disrespectful. And no matter of your opinion of his talent Sheppard is a sure lottery pick next year so I predict he'll be gone for sure if Cal returns. Of course, like Yogi Berra said "predictions are hard, espcially when they're about the future".

Wagner is definitely leaving even if it isn't the nba. He probably wants to get as far away from lex as possible. Things didn't go as he had planned and kids these days look to blame others rather than examining their own flaws. Big z seems like he didn't fit either.

Option A:

Option B:

I think if Cal is gone there will be 100% roster turnover, and probably every recruit except Travis Perry. But I'll take that trade without a doubt.

Reactions: ukfan041
Z gets drafted no later than the first pick of the 2nd round. Every team in the league would
love to have 4 year rights to him at 2nd round money knowing he only needs some coaching
and a year in a good strength program to have a stud.

Wagner will leave if Cal leaves and so will Edwards but I could possibly see them return if Cal
returns. But DJ would probably be a 2nd round draft pick and I think he'd still go. Edwards will
either make the wrong decision of going pro or transfer if Cal is gone and who knows if Cal stays.

Reactions: wobycat
Here is why: he and his entire family love Kentucky basketball and know basketball so they all know
what a crappy job Cal has done this year. And they can't be too happy about Cal starting two clearly
lesser players than him all year; in fact I could easily see them as viewing that as disrespectful. And no matter of your opinion of his talent Sheppard is a sure lottery pick next year so I predict he'll be gone for sure if Cal returns. Of course, like Yogi Berra said "predictions are hard, espcially when they're about the future".
You are probably the only one who saw that display and still thinks he is a lottery pick. His parent realize that their son isn't ready for the NBA and because they aren't hurting financially, they aren't likely to be in any hurry to toss their son into the lions' den. If he leaves, it will most likely be via the transfer portal.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I think that depends on the coach. The players will talk to the new coach before they make a decision. If it's a coach who convinces them that they'll have a great time on the year, and that they'll grow as players, they'll likely stay.

Reactions: ukfan1622
I think if Cal is gone there will be 100% roster turnover, and probably every recruit except Travis Perry. But I'll take that trade without a doubt.
I can't see why Burks, Hart, Ugo, or Thiero would transfer unless they think the new coach is a dud. And I'm still
positive Sheppard might come back under a new coach; he knows the game so he knows he wasn't used to his
best potential by Cal.

I would rather have a new coach and a bunch of portal guys than to keep Cal and this class.
I agree because Cal and his recruits are nothing more than show ponies who aren't capable of winning anything with him as the coach.

Z gets drafted no later than the first pick of the 2nd round. Every team in the league would
love to have 4 year rights to him at 2nd round money knowing he only needs some coaching
and a year in a good strength program to have a stud.

Wagner will leave if Cal leaves and so will Edwards but I could possibly see them return if Cal
returns. But DJ would probably be a 2nd round draft pick and I think he'd still go. Edwards will
either make the wrong decision of going pro or transfer if Cal is gone and who knows if Cal stays.
Ok. In ur post, u said option A was Cal with Ugo and Thierro

He didn't do shit with this class. They were supposed to be the world beaters that saved his job. He won't do anything with next years class, or the year after that, or the year after that.

Depends on who we hire. im sure our next could get 2 of them to stay on board. It will depend on if they like his pitch and his system.

but lets be honest a new coach and an entire Transfer Portal team is better than what Cal could do next year.

You are probably the only one who saw that display and still thinks he is a lottery pick. His parent realize that their son isn't ready for the NBA and because they aren't hurting financially, they aren't likely to be in any hurry to toss their son into the lions' den. If he leaves, it will most likely be via the transfer portal.
I saw him have a bad game tonight, easily his worst game of the year. But I also saw the rest of the year and I think tonight's game was an aberration. He and his family love UK too much for him to transfer. He'll either be at UK or go to the draft as he is still a lottery pick. I AM NOT saying he is ready for the NBA; few lottery picks are.

Where do you think Sheppard is going after soiling his shorts on one of the biggest stages for college basketball. He let a 24-year-old player going nowhere give him a shooting clinic. His parents know that he isn't close to being ready to leave the nest. If the guys from Oakland made him soil his pants, what do you think would happen to him in the NBA?
The dude was playing like most people play NBA 2K. He jacked up 20 3's most of which were highly contested. He shot 50%. Nobody on most blue chip programs are going to play this way.

Reactions: ukfan1622
The dude was playing like most people play NBA 2K. He jacked up 20 3's most of which were highly contested. He shot 50%. Nobody on most blue chip programs are going to play this way.
Their coach was excited when he learned they were playing us because he knew that he had a shooter, and we can't play defense. As he stated, it was the best possible match for them. Also, the guy had only taken 4 two-point shots all season, so why should anyone be surprised that he took all of those 3-point shots. After he saw they were going in, he took shots no matter how well he was guarded. His coach told him at halftime to keep shooting. Why didn't Reed take a few shots? He only took one shot in the first half. He was terrified. Everyone but Reeves played like they were scared to death.

Reactions: KYExtemper
If he transfers, he needs to go somewhere to learn some defense. He is a GREAT shooter, but very poor defensive player. The NBA will eat his lunch if he were to leave for the NBA with his defensive skills.

He didn't do shit with this class. They were supposed to be the world beaters that saved his job. He won't do anything with next years class, or the year after that, or the year after that.
Exactly. We’re worried because we can’t repeat the same insanity if Cal goes?

Rick Pitino took a team of nobodies and put them in the Rafters. Maybe it’s about coaching.

Reactions: bubba_bomb

edit : I'm not saying this meaning I hope we keep cal, I am saying this simply because the OP's option B includes hiring a new coach and keeping the class. I don't care if we lose the class, I hope we do because that means we fired cal the bum.
Yeah I think the days of committing to a school are long gone. Kids commit to coaches. Kids commit to NIL deals. If Cal is gone, I'd expect every commit to de-commit, aside from Perry. If Cal is gone, I think Adou is gone - he's here because his dad played for Cal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT